“One of the worst dining experiences I have had anywhere in the world.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dragonfly

Dragonfly
Ranked #50 of 992 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Japanese, Latin, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Dragonfly's, our candlelit atmosphere is calming and provides for intimate spaces within the restaurant. Our romantic restaurant serves plenty of vegetarian and meat dishes and has two dining areas, a lounge, and two bars. We also offer our customers a communal noodle bar. Dragonfly's sexy, ruby red, and gold interior is transporting and designed to resemble an old opium den in tropical Asia.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of the worst dining experiences I have had anywhere in the world.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

If you looked up overrated in the dictionary this place would be the first listing. Our last experience was perhaps the worst dining situation I have ever had. Was there almost two hours. Drinks did not come for an hour. Only received one item we ordered and ordinary. The waiter and all the other staff seemed completely clueless as to the disaster they had created When we had enough and wanted to leave they tried to bill us for items we never were served. Practically criminal . This place should be avoided at all costs and us frankly a disgrace to San Juan. Should be shut down and boarded up. It is over but they just do not get it. Overrated and clueless in the same sentence.

• Visited December 2013
Emilio F, Owner at Dragonfly, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I'm sincerely sorry for what happened last week. I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait that long for service and to be billed for items you never received. I assure you our service is normally much more on point than that. We pride ourselves on our expert service and creatively crafted Latin/Asian fusion cuisine. I would hate for future guests to have the same experience as you. Do you mind calling me at (787) 306 6748I want to personally make things right with you.

Edmonton, AB
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We came here on a Tuesday night.
Dark dining. Waiter was polite and offered suggestions.
Sushi was fusion style and welcomed by those who ordered it.
Salmon was cooked perfect with the glass noodles salad.
The shrimp and dumplings were good.
Too full for dessert.

Visited November 2013
Montreal, Canada
“UNDERRATED, OVERDELIVERED AND LIVELY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

in the heart of old san juan not far from the wharf is an incredible "fusion" restaurant with today's music, staff that cares and a chef that knows……what a combination…….the service was so professional, the food was delicious and served hot and on time…..ok perhaps the music was a bit in your face, but it was saturday night, the restaurant was pretty full and everyone had a great time, so far as i could see………GREAT VALUE

• Visited November 2013
Emilio F, Owner at Dragonfly, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much, Arnaldo! I'll be sure to let the team know you appreciated their professional service and enjoyed their delicious food. Hope to see you back again soon!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“TERRIBLE! Just a dirty dive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I hated the food. My Salmon was not done. Did not like glass noodles on my salad. My husband had greasy duck nachos. Very expensive and not worth it all. Hated it! Save your money and go somewhere else. Our waiter sucked too. He was more concerned about socializing then serving us. When I told him my salmon was not done, he said that is just the way we do it here.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank meena114
Hi Meena,

I'm so sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. We put a lot of love into our cooking, using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. I'm sorry that didn't come through in your meal. I agree that our server should've been more helpful when you told him you weren't happy with your salmon. I'll be sure to discuss your experience with the team so that we can improve going forward.

Sacramento, CA
“Overrated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stumbled in here while traveling with another couple. We thought the decor and ambience looked inviting and like a nice place to have dinner and drinks.

While the people were nice, it just wasn't worth the price, etc.

We sat off to the side of the bar area so the bartender was attending to us. He made us our initial drinks and brought out our food, but other than that he never came back to check on us, nor did he offer to refill any drinks. He just came, took our plates and empty glasses and disappeared.

Next, the food. When we ordered, the server kept telling us the food was "family style" so we thought why don't each of us order a dish and share? Well... let's just say each plate was like one bite of food per person. And we are talking like $22 for one sushi roll.

We had lettuce wraps which were pretty good, but they didn't even provide enough lettuce and it was wilted.

We had some pork belly thing that could have been good if it wasn't tough like beef jerky. Literally.

Everything else was forgettable and we were all still totally hungry. We spent a good $100 there and while we were leaving, I said, "So where are we going for dinner?" It was basically a tourist trap.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank BonitaLanita
Emilio F, Owner at Dragonfly, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for letting me know about your experience. While I'm glad you appreciated our ambiance, I'm sorry you were underwhelmed with your meal. I agree that our server should've explained our menu more properly to you. Rather than large entrees, we serve many small plates that are best shared in a group. That way, every person can try a variety of delicious dishes. Our server should've let you know the appropriate amount of dishes to order for two people. We'll be sure to use your feedback to better serve our guests going forward.