“Nice Getaway.”

Coqui del Mar Guest House
Ranked #4 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is great! I love that Coqui del Mar is so close to the beach. You can walk to restaurants too. Saturdays, they host a happy hour in the courtyard for all their guest and friends. I got to meet a lot of nice fun people from U.S. other cities.

You need more ideas on what to do and where to go, Noyda has many great suggestions. She knows the latest in San Juan.

Convenient and inexpensive. I really enjoyed staying there and I'm looking forward to returning again. Thank you Coqui del Mar

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Coqui del Mar Guest House

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a charming place to stay and within walking distance to the beach, boutiques, great restaurants, dancing and parks! No Spanish, no problem! The staff is bilingual. As a solo traveler, I also felt very safe at Coqui Del Mar which is in a gated community. This is a great option for any traveler looking for an affordable, centrally located, and not too commercial accommodation. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I had an incredible time at Coqui Del Mar. Noyda and the staff took care of our every need. We were treated like family. We cannot say enough about our aparment, wifi access, apple tv, comfortable bed, plenty of room and the court yard was beautiful. Loved the fish tank toilet. They had everything you would need for the beach, towels, chairs, coolers. The beach was only a 5 minutes walk. Old San Juan was a 15 minute drive or short bus ride away. Noyda and Neal gave great recommendations on where to eat, what to see and how to get there. You could tell they truly appreciated your business and did everything they could to help you enjoy your stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Beach access and good neighborhood. Well kept grounds and public area. Nice room. Friendly hosts and neighbors who are incredibly sensitive to anything you need. Good technology amenities (nice to have appletv, netflex, hulu, etc.). Seriously, the staff is phenomenal.

Minor areas where there could have been improvements with communications between staff and guests or the quality of the room since it is a guest house and not a hotel. I don't traditionally stay in guest houses, so it's not always clear what to expect.

We let the staff know about our suggested improvements after our trip, and they responded promptly, stated they would address them, and were appreciative of the honest feedback. Seem like genuinely great people running the guest house who care about your stay.

Room Tip: We did La Luna, the most affordable room. It was smaller than it looked on the photo, but the kitche...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank averyfj
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I loved my time at Coqui Del Mar. I was visiting San Juan for vacation and the location is great. It takes just a few minutes to get to Coqui Del Mar from the airport - and its not far from the tourist spots (if that's what you are looking for). The apartments are comfortable - with lots of great features (we had an Apple TV in ours). Wifi was good too which is great for planning your excursions.

I stayed part of my time without a rental car - and part of it with a rental car (so that I could drive into the Jungle) and parking was a snap.

The manager (Noyda) is super friendly and has great recommendations for restaurants.

I can't wait to go back - and I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hieggelke
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Coqui Del Mar the first week of June 2013. Noyda and her staff were phenomenal and took great care of us. The hotel isn't in downtown Old San Juan, it's a $ .75 bus trip or $12-ish taxi trip, but that's exactly what we wanted. There weren't a lot of tourists in the hotel's immediate surroundings so we got to hear a lot of Spanish although everything at the hotel was in English. The beach is a block from the hotel and isn't very crowded. We preferred staying at the beach by the hotel as opposed to going closer to Old San Juan because it was so much quieter.

We stayed in the La Concha room and had a great bathroom, very comfortable bed, and nice kitchen area. Beach towels were provided so don't waste the space in your suitcase by packing your own! I would definitely recommend buying breakfast supplies just to save some money and to use the amenities provided.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to families, couples, friends, anyone--and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is very small and I think most rooms were pretty quiet. The La Concha room was on the seco...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lgroat
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took a group of five students to Puerto Rico to do volunteer work at Save a Sato and I am so glad that the organization recommended Coquí del Mar to me. It was everything I was hoping for. The rooms are super clean and you couldn't ask for more hospitality. I didn't get to know Noyda well because she left on vacation the day after we arrived, but I had the privilege of getting to know both Rob (the owner) and Estee (the housekeeper) and enjoyed long chats with both of them. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel that cares this much about the guests' experience with them. It felt like we were staying with friends. It's also great because it is about a two minute walk to the beach. Because the property is behind a locked gate, I felt very comfortable letting my students hang out in the courtyard or use the jacuzzi at night, knowing the were safe even when I was in my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Coqui del Mar Guest House? Share your experiences!