Coqui del Mar Guest House
$183
$239
$275
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
$339
$319
  • Pool
All reviewsinca chickenboogie boardshome away from homegas grillapple tvdouble showerhot tubpuerto ricofull kitchenbeach chairsocean parkold san juangracious hostsminute walkperfect place to stayliving roomrental car
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I loved my time at Coqui Del Mar. I was visiting San Juan for vacation and the location is great. It takes just a few minutes to get to Coqui Del Mar from the airport - and its not far from the tourist spots (if that's what you are looking for). The apartments are comfortable - with lots of great features (we had an Apple TV in ours). Wifi was good too which is great for planning your excursions.

I stayed part of my time without a rental car - and part of it with a rental car (so that I could drive into the Jungle) and parking was a snap.

The manager (Noyda) is super friendly and has great recommendations for restaurants.

I can't wait to go back - and I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hieggelke
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Coqui Del Mar the first week of June 2013. Noyda and her staff were phenomenal and took great care of us. The hotel isn't in downtown Old San Juan, it's a $ .75 bus trip or $12-ish taxi trip, but that's exactly what we wanted. There weren't a lot of tourists in the hotel's immediate surroundings so we got to hear a lot of Spanish although everything at the hotel was in English. The beach is a block from the hotel and isn't very crowded. We preferred staying at the beach by the hotel as opposed to going closer to Old San Juan because it was so much quieter.

We stayed in the La Concha room and had a great bathroom, very comfortable bed, and nice kitchen area. Beach towels were provided so don't waste the space in your suitcase by packing your own! I would definitely recommend buying breakfast supplies just to save some money and to use the amenities provided.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to families, couples, friends, anyone--and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is very small and I think most rooms were pretty quiet. The La Concha room was on the second floor and at the end so we only had neighbors on one side which helped to keep it quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lgroat
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took a group of five students to Puerto Rico to do volunteer work at Save a Sato and I am so glad that the organization recommended Coquí del Mar to me. It was everything I was hoping for. The rooms are super clean and you couldn't ask for more hospitality. I didn't get to know Noyda well because she left on vacation the day after we arrived, but I had the privilege of getting to know both Rob (the owner) and Estee (the housekeeper) and enjoyed long chats with both of them. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel that cares this much about the guests' experience with them. It felt like we were staying with friends. It's also great because it is about a two minute walk to the beach. Because the property is behind a locked gate, I felt very comfortable letting my students hang out in the courtyard or use the jacuzzi at night, knowing the were safe even when I was in my room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ElenaConnecticut
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My daughter and fiancé and many of their friends stayed here during their wedding festivities. Many, many thanks go out to Noyda and Robert and Etsy for making everyone comfortable and happy and stress-free during a very busy time. The place is lovely and spotlessly clean. Rooms have everything you need to feel at home. The residential neighborhood is shaded with trees and only a very short walk to the beach. Only wish I had stayed there as well! But I did spend a lot of time there pre and post wedding and can say it helped make our special occasion very memorable!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What an incredible place to stay if you want to live amongst the natives and get a first-hand awareness of a true San Juan. Noyda, the manager, was more than helpful with great information on tours and excursions. Lots of fun things to do here. I know my family is going back. Thanks Noyda.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends