Coqui del Mar Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hotel Iberia(San Juan)
  • Beachfront
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
  • Pool
All reviewsinca chickenboogie boardshome away from homegas grillapple tvdouble showerhot tubpuerto ricofull kitchenbeach chairsocean parkold san juangracious hostsminute walkperfect place to stayliving roomrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2012

While I enjoy the finer things in life, I am typically a no frills traveler. I like to blend and experience everything. I stayed for 4 nights in El Pescando. Though I stayed in the room alone, it appeared that it would be comfortable for 3-4 people. The bedroom has a door and there are two sofas including a sleeper sofa in the living room. The living room also had an HDTV, mac with wireless keyboard -connected to the HDTV, and an IPod dock. The room is designed like a decent size one bedroom apartment with an open floor plan. The kitchen was well equipped and including a dining table. The bathroom a little small but functional as a bathroom should be.

My travelling companion stayed in the studio, El Mango I believe, and her room was sufficient for one person and she also enjoyed her room and her stay in the area.

I saw the owners everyday. They did not intefere with my vacation or try to get in my business. They were friendly and very helpful. There is a beach, stores, and restaurants nearby.

The only issue with the location is parking. It is located in a residential neighborhood and parking can sometimes be an issue, However, I felt safe in the neighborhood walking at night and the neighbors were all very quiet. We did have an occasion to use the IPod dock and turn on some music for which we received absolutely no complaints!

Overall a very satifying and cost effective stay. I would recommend this place for anyone who likes to budget travel and doesnt need the cushion of being in a hotel with lots of people.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tb0027
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed 6 nights in El Mango. The one caveat I have is that this room might be small for two people. We worked it out, but if in doubt, get one of the larger rooms. This room had everything we needed and it is a most comfortable and welcoming place. The beach is very nice and the neighborhood is great. Transportation is easy, although you do spend some time waiting for buses. Be aware that one end of the street is gated, which makes it have only one traffic entrance. So pay attention to those directions they send you! This is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: see my note above
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank phototactician
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom with a kitchen for a week. We really liked the location, not too far off the beaten path, close to the airport, within walking distance to the beach (though you have to walk 15-ish minutes to get to the popular part of the beach), several different areas to eat including the tourist area near the big hotels but also near to local spots.

Parking was free on the street and the neighborhood was quiet. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, pots and pans. The hot tub was not working a few days we were there but that didn't matter to us and there was a crew there fixing it. There is a washer and dryer you can arrange to use through the manager.

It's not a luxury hotel, so if that's what you want you will not like this place. But it is clean and cozy and perfect if you want to spend less money on lodging and more on all the fun things to do in P.R.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TennesseeGypsy
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at Coqui del Mar this past weekend... This is a quiet location - If you're in town to relax, this is a good option. The property is centrally located with restaurants and supermarket nearby…. a quick walk to the beach and the staff were extremely friendly.

The Room - definitely recommend spending extra for the 1 bedroom apartment. Though a little dated, it was extremely spacious, quiet and very clean. The bed and bedding were comfortable.

Parking - easy, free street parking which was nice (considering most of the larger hotels in the area charge extra for parking or have valet parking only).

Easy check in/checkout…. In short, I look forward to my next trip to San Juan but I wouldn't dare stay anywhere other than Coqui del Mar.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NPerezcm
Reviewed November 24, 2012

As returning guests, we knew Coqui del Mar would be the perfect solution for us and our dog, "Madame". We were again in Puerto Rico for the FCI International Dog Shows. We stayed for 7 nights in the same unit as last time (La Luna) and of course upon arrival, we immediately noticed our suggestions from our last stay were put into consideration; improved lighting in the kitchen, a shelf in the bathroom, new bathroom curtain, etc. Small details which made our stay much more enjoyable! And of course the new Jacuzzi.

We can only repeat and agree with what others have to say about Coqui del Mar; economical, clean, safe, a block away from the beach. Some nights we stayed "home" using our fully equipped kitchen (stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, blender, etc...) or we walked to the nearby restaurants. We parked our rental car right in front of the Main entrance. Not situated in the heart of the tourist area (where cruise ships unload thousands of tourists), but ideally situated to experience a bit of the local San Juan and the island of Puerto Rico!

"Quirky and unpretentious"..."Personal yet unobtrusive service” (from the Coqui del Mar website and it is true!).
Noyda and Neal were again this year exceptional managers and helped with any of our questions. As returning guests (10% saving), we enjoyed our stay as much -if not more- as the first time we stayed at Coqui del Mar; the hidden gem of Ocean Beach San Juan, Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple