“Best Cortodito, awesome service!”

Asere Cubano Kitchen Bar
Ranked #53 of 1,240 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Tamara was amazing. She took the time to talk to us, made great suggestions on the menu, and made us the best Cortaditos. The food was phenomenal but it was her service that brought us back. We came back the next night just for dessert and coffee, because of her. Now we have to go every time we visit PR.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

Cuban sandwich was very nasty. The chicken micelles was nasty as well. No taste to it. I've had better Cuban sandwiches from Ohio. Although the workers are nice but food is a 0

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I finally had dinner at Asere and can't wait to be back! Celebrated my birthday there with some friends, and I couldn't say which one was my favorite dish, since it just got better and better as the night progressed. I do recommend trying different appetizers and don't leave out the cheese balls! I had a whole fried snapper that was perfectly cooked as was the rest of the food in my table. The service was excellent and the atmosphere is upbeat, while still being able to carry on a conversation at the table. Afterwards, we enjoyed some drinks in the second floor, which is where the action is and enjoyed the view of La Placita from the outdoor terrace. As a concierge in a hotel in Condado you can trust that I will keep on recommending Asere to my guests as a must go for an unforgettable evening!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Asere is located across the street from the Placita Santurce. The food is excellent and considered authentic Cuban.

It is on the expensive side particularly given that the area really does not have much to see beyond the Placita. A short walk in any direction beyond quickly puts you in dark intimidating dirty run down areas. Also, they charge all the sides extra. Nothing included. They do not even offer the courtesy bread which should be a must. It is as expensive as some fine ding places in the Condado.

Inside the ambiance is nice. The outside area is nice if its a calm early evening or late afternoon otherwise go inside. The noise and contamination from vehicles literally passing 5 ft from u can be quite annoying. Some folks just love to be noisy. The outside tables look like they have been there for 100 years. They could use an upgrade.

Service is normal.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Started out a little rough, as we waited for over 15 minutes without anyone coming to our table (we had to go up to the bar and ask for a server). However, once we had a server it went much more smoothly.

We started off with a hot appetizer--some sort of bean dip. It was very good--had a smoky flavor--and was served with a unique kind of chip. However, by the time it was brought out to us it was cold.

For my entrée I ordered a Cuban burger. It was cooked perfectly and it came with delicious, gooey cheese, bacon and ham on top. The French fries that it came with were cut in house and perfectly hot and crisp.

My friends ordered the seafood ceviche and the octopus tentacle. Both were very good. We also had a side of Puerto Rican dark rice to share which was delicious!

The restaurant itself was very nicely decorated and is surrounded by bars/restaurants/nightlife. Good experience overall.

Date of visit: October 2016