La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
$207
$189
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Milano(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$113
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
7,785 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Having never been to San Juan, my wife and I really weren't sure what to expect. We had heard several different things, some good and some bad. Let me just say that our trip was wonderful and one of the few locations we are planning to return to in the very near future. The hotel was everything we could have asked for and more. Seemingly located in the center of the Condado area, the hotel was clean, trendy, and close to many different attractions and/or activities. Although there is some building going on next door the noise was very minimal and didn't take away from the hotel at all. The room was clean and cozy with a terrific view of the ocean.

Our trips always involve a little travel throughout the area and usually entail riding the local bus or just walking down the streets to mingle with people and see the sights. On several occasions we were in need of either directions or advice about which way to go. We were always greeted by the staff with a smile and the needed advice. In particular, Sebastian Sagardis, a La Concha employee, went above and beyond his regular duties to make sure that we found everything we needed to make our trips successful. I personally want to thank him and the rest of the staff that helped make our trip "worth every moment".
Thanks and hope you enjoy the stay as much as we did.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2009

First of all I would like to say that my vacation with my daughters at La Concha Resort in San Juan was extraordinary mainly because of our Conseierge, Sebastian Sagardia - He is the main reason at I am returning to La Concha on our next vacation to San Juan. I found Sebastian to be respectful, polite, helpful in recommending excursions and restaurants, mainly Ropa Vieja which is now our favorite in San Juan and made our trip enjoyable. He was delightful at all times to myself and my two daughters. I have viisted many hotels in the past but I found his professionalism to be over the top and one of the best that I have ever experienced. I hope that this review gets noticed because sometimes when credit is due it must be said. Sincerely, Kathy White

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank EricaMia
Reviewed December 1, 2009

i stayed there in november 2009, and it was amazing. you have oceaview from every room. the ocean is literally under you, when you stand at the window. rooms are big, very clean, with flatscreen tv and wireless for free. in front of the hotel is the best beach in condado. (if you have nothing against high waves though). The staff extremly friendly (special "thank you" to elia: you are the best) and very helpful.
there are a lot of young people (20-35) in this hotel and at the weekend the lobby is THE party spot in condado. so if you prefer quiet nights, get a room on the 10th floor or stay in different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mikester781
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I've been meaning to write this review for awhile. We love the hotel - it's very boutique chic which matches the overall vibe of Condado beach. The pools and the beach were very nice. The food was a bit pricey but well prepared. The lobby area was fun, the drinks were great, the hotel was pretty clean...the only thing is that housekeeping only changes the sheets every 3 days. I kept requesting that our sheets be changed but when we'd return after being out all day, they never were. We were there for 4 days! It was very annoying!...We always shower before going to bed but still there's nothing like fresh sheets when you're on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank albinatl
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Stayed here during Thanksgiving week with my partner. La Concha is a great hotel, but room location is very important. There is a 12 story tower that faces the ocean and a 2 story structure that faces the pool. The rooms are large, modern and very comofrtable. Great linens, sheets, and towels. Complimentary coffee in the room and Aveda bath products. There are events with loud music on weekend evenings and if you are in a room by the pool, I 'd suggest that you bring earphones.

The grounds are spectacular and the vibe of the hotel is very much like the W without the attitude. The architecture is mid-entury modern and the story is that the government gave this hotel to Renaissance and they spent $100 million to renovate it. It really is beautiful and the place to be in Condado.

Overall the service was good. The staff was very friendly, but sometimes it felt like the hotel was a bit understaffed. The pools, beach, and outdoor lounge areas were well situated. The gym was new and excellent for a hotel....about 10 cardio machines, weight machines, dumbbells, spin room.

I loved the experience and would highly recommend it if you are a fan of the W experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple