La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Da House Hotel(San Juan)
$104
$101
  • Free Internet
Hotel Milano(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
  • Restaurant
$403
$308
Priceline
7,786 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Stayed here during Thanksgiving week with my partner. La Concha is a great hotel, but room location is very important. There is a 12 story tower that faces the ocean and a 2 story structure that faces the pool. The rooms are large, modern and very comofrtable. Great linens, sheets, and towels. Complimentary coffee in the room and Aveda bath products. There are events with loud music on weekend evenings and if you are in a room by the pool, I 'd suggest that you bring earphones.

The grounds are spectacular and the vibe of the hotel is very much like the W without the attitude. The architecture is mid-entury modern and the story is that the government gave this hotel to Renaissance and they spent $100 million to renovate it. It really is beautiful and the place to be in Condado.

Overall the service was good. The staff was very friendly, but sometimes it felt like the hotel was a bit understaffed. The pools, beach, and outdoor lounge areas were well situated. The gym was new and excellent for a hotel....about 10 cardio machines, weight machines, dumbbells, spin room.

I loved the experience and would highly recommend it if you are a fan of the W experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2009

We have stayed at hotels on the Condado strip in the past and decided to try La Concha this time because of the location and some good reviews about its new renovation. Clearly, the renovation is incomplete, including our room. The workmanship is poor throughout the hotel and it was evident in the incomplete and dirty hallways leading to our room and the room itself. The shower was moldy and the grout was dirty. The tiles were uneven and many looked like they were slapped on. I took several pictures to share with management – they looked like the “before” photos of a home renovation.Photos are attached - and this is when we checked in! The carpets were filthy. We stayed 4 nights and housekeeping only came once. We had to finally ask 3 times for housekeeping service on our last night. When they finally came, I knew they didn’t clean anything because the toilet was still dirty, the old towels were still on the floor. I had to go to the lobby at 8pm and ask for towels and soap. The girl at the front desk looked at me like I had 3 heads and took 15 minutes to come back with ONE tiny bar of hotel soap! The bed was so lumpy, it felt like I was sleeping in a big crater and the middle of the bed was a mountain. Also, the hallways are in poor shape, with cracks in the tiles and filth. Cigarette butts and dirty drinking straws all over. I kept note of these to see how many days it would take before they were removed. They were there the entire time of our stay! The halls also constantly smelled like bacon or food from the kitchen – even though we were on the 6th floor. Our TV remote control was broken – again, we had to ask 3 times for a fix. The only good thing about the hotel was the beach access, the proximity to transportation and some local attractions and the concierge – Luis. She was a big help. Otherwise, until they clean up their act, we will not stay there.

4  Thank SonnyInNewYork
eddielaconcha, gm at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2009

I am extremely disappointed to read how our service was during your stay. I apologize for our shortcomings and will take your review to the key personnel of the hotel for review. This is not how we want our guests' experience to be. Please accept my apologies.

If you plan on returning to Puerto Rico, please let me know. I am enclosing my email.

Again, I apologize for the service you received at our resort.

Saludos,
Eddie Sipple, GM
esipple@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed November 22, 2009

We arrived to the La Concha around 2:00 PM AST (2 hours prior to checkin), upon our arrival, we went to the front desk, waited for over 15 minutes to have someone come to the desk (no one was there). Once the lady came out she said that our room was not ready, but would switch us from an ocean front room (all rooms in the main building are ocean front, DON'T pay extra for it, the only thing you get is a sliding glass door to open w/a 6-12 inch balcony) to a non ocean view or front room w/two queen beds. Since we wanted a king bed, we politely declined, she then said that she would call us when our room was ready.

Upon having lunch, hanging out in the pool area (very nice, a lot like a W Hotel), we decided to check in at the front desk around 3:30 PM, again no one was at the front desk, so we asked the concierge for assistance. He went to the front desk, found our room keys & gave them to us. He also said he would have our luggage delivered to our room.

At 4:10 PM (after being in the room for over 30 min) the lady from the front desk called my mobile letting me know my room was ready, so I let her know that I was all ready in it, but asked about our luggage, she said that she would check on it and have it delivered in 5-10 min. At 4:30 PM we called down to the front desk, she answered and & I let her know that the luggage still had not been delivered (in 50 min), so she connected me w/the bell desk and they said no one had let them know about the request for the luggage, but delivered it w/in 5 minutes.

Overall, the hotel is very nice, the photos on line are misleading about the ocean front rooms, etc. since it's a traditional high rise hotel w/rooms that look out over the ocean. The beach is nice, quite rough since it's not protected like the beach at the Carib Hilton (where we stayed last year). The Bell Staff and valet guys/greeting people are friendly and efficient, however the front desk staff was very poor. We're not sure if it was something just that day, but we will not be staying at the hotel again, since for the $200+ per night there are much better properties to stay at w/similar amenities, etc. w/better service.

The rooms are a lot like a W and are updated, it is loud at night since the doors do not block a lot of the noise from the exterior outdoor walkway & street outside, and the shower has an overhead rain shower & separate shower head that can be used by hand. The bathroom had a bit of a musty smell, but that may have been due to the extreme humidity outside. Otherwise, the A/C worked very well and the room was clean.

1  Thank SoCalBC
eddielaconcha, gm at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2009

I am disappointed to hear about our failure at the Front Desk and would like to apologize. Our business is based upon taking care of our guests from the moment of arrival to departure and that did not happen. You mention that you would not come to La Concha again, but I would like you to reconsider. We do have a good team here and they would like the chance to make up for the lack of service. I am enclosing my email shoud you want to contact me. Again, my apologies.

Saludos,
Eddie Sipple, GM
esipple@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed November 21, 2009

Recent remodeling is well done. The lobby is huge and well appointed. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well appointed. The view is spectacular. The 3 pools are attractive and clean. The health club is large and well outfitted. Wireless internet was outstanding.
The service was terrific. The guest service agents at the desk made us feel at home immediately, and continued to be friendly and customer-oriented throughout our stay. All La Concha personnel we came in contact with were friendly and helpful.
The Perla Restaurant was good for the first meal, but the second meal was only average. The Level 25 breakfast buffet restaurant was excellent.

Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay here on our way home from a BVI sailboat/resort vacation. When we arrived we were asked if we were here for "THE FIGHT". Since I had to walk out of the movie "Rocky", we said no. Problems:
1. No amenities in our room, not even soap. Call the front desk.
2. Tried to sleep with pillows over our heads, but the "FIGHT" from Las Vegas was being broadcast in ultra volume on a big screen by the pool. Call the front desk at 1:30AM. Called 8 times. No answer.
3. Husband gets dressed and goes to the manager who apologizes profusely. No other rooms available.
4. Get to sleep at 2AM.
5. Cheerful wake up call at 6AM
6. Have to take a shower and wash hair. NO HOT WATER!
7. Get out of freezing cold shower... no hair dryer. Call front desk.
8. No creamer for in-room coffee. Call front desk.
When we checked out, they did not charge us for the room. Take your chances!