“Post cruise stay”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Overall it's a very nice hotel. Room had great amenities for the price (kitchenette w/mini fridge, microwave, etc, balcony, sauna jet tub).

Some small things that could be tightened up that annoyed me: had to ask for a remote to the TV, bedside clock not set with correct time.

Some not-so-small things: went in to gift shop only to find the cashier girl sitting on the counter while talking with a youngman. .also an employee. She looked me dead in the face and did not acknowledge me. . even when I looked back at her while I walked out. Then once settle in our room for a nice well deserved nap the fire alarm went off and instructions come over the room speaker that there was an emergency and to get to the nearest exit. . we go flying down 6 flights of stairs only to be told it was a false alarm. It took a good 20 minutes before the alarm got shut off.

Our bellman Felix was a complete delight. Perked us up with his smile and enthusiasm. They best keep this one.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Donna J
There are newer reviews for La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is centrally located and we walked to several restaurants. We did eat in the hotel restaurant that is shaped like a shell and it was very good. Service was also great. I would come here again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this lovely hotel for a few days on a business trip to Puerto Rico. Everyone was very friendly and the hotel was beautiful and comfortable. I would like to acknowledge Ms. Heidy DeJesus and Felix Perez. Felix' smile made my day every day. I highly recommend this hotel in San Juan. Lovely location and a beautiful view of the beach!

Room Tip: Get one facing the water!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your experience at our resort. I am pleased to learn we met your expectations. I appreciate your kind words in regards
to our team members, Heidy and Felix, who take a lot of pride when reading comments like yours.

Should your business schedule bring you back to San Juan, please let me know and I will gladly assist with your accommodations.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed August 3, 2014

What a great experience at La Concha. You are at a beach resort but get to explore San Juan as well which has so many hidden gems. Room -- I mean suite -- was great - overlooking the ocean. We had breakfast every morning downstairs in the restaurant. Service was fantastic and food was equally as good. We then went to the adult pool area and were able to get a tan and then jump into the infinity pool. For dinner we went exploring the local area and found some amazing bars and restaurants. Highly recommend La Concha!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our family of three returned to La Concha after only 1 1/2 years and enjoyed it even more this time. Gorgeous modern lobby. Beautiful landscaping. The pools are small but really nice and there are several of them so it never felt crowded. Our room in the Suite Tower was huge and very comfortable. The staff is friendly and attentive. However, the main reason I am writing another review is to mention one of the finest hotel staff members I have ever encountered. Vladmir Busto serves delicious lunch and cocktails from Solera at the pool area. When my son walked into the pool with his phone in his pocket, Vladmir offered to get a bowl of rice which he promptly retrieved from another restaurant on the property, explained what we should do next and then refused a tip! After a few days off he returned with a kit to open the phone and get the rest of the water out. Of course, we all became fast friends and talking with him was a highlight of our stay. As a tripadvisor contributor, I was given badges to distribute to any hotel staff member who has given exemplary service. After much traveling, I must say the only badge I have given out was to Vladmir.

Room Tip: Full or Partial Ocean View in the Suite Tower
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NJBrooklynborn
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at La Concha July 23-29, booked two ocean view rooms with queen size beds. It was absolutely beautiful. Rooms were good size and clean. Beautiful view and the glass door for noise was great. Never had a problem with the noise level. Our first time in Puerto Rico. Joshua in the concierge was very helpful and always very pleasant to work with. The restaurant and poolside is expensive. I recommend bringing your own drinks from Walgreens down the street. We did this after our second $200.00 bill from the pool. Some complaints I have is when I called in April to book rooms with Jasmina I was guaranteed 2 rooms with queensize beds and connecting door. The other room was 4 rooms away which bothered me because my daughters ages 20,17,& 16 stayed in that room. I would have like the connecting door I was promised or at least right next door. At check in I was told there were no such connecting door for these types of rooms and that was the best they could do. Also the bed frame in my daughters room was broken and I was unaware if this until the last day when I stubbed my toe and cut my foot on bed frame. My daughter told me she did the same thing twice throughout the week. Other than that we had a great time and the pool and beach. We really enjoyed our all girls trip and will be back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Spent five nights at La Concha and overall, a great time. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately by two bellmen, José and Estéban who unloaded our bags and got us to check in quickly. Who would have known that they would continue to be helpful during our entire stay. Great tips on restaurants, help with moving bags and information on things to do. Thanks to both for helping to make our stay memorable!

Our party had two rooms, one in each tower. There were pluses to the tower room with separate living area, kitchen and large fridge/freezer. The freezer had it's own ice machine which was a GREAT feature, especially in the hot summer months. Being able to store snacks also kept our dining out each day reasonable. The beds in both towers were equally comfortable, and Aveda products as toiletries were terrific. The ocean tower room had an ocean front view and was spacious, even with two queen beds. It also had a small fridge to keep cold drinks. The hotel had a small laundry room to wash swimwear which was convenient. Two somewhat negative comments... The front desk seemed really under staffed and it took a bit of time even at an off peak hour to check in. Going into what we found out after the fact was a holiday weekend, increasing staff would have probably made many guests much happier which is something easy to correct, especially at a hotel with a higher star rating. The lack of air conditioning in elevators in the dead heat of summer was also not a plus. Several guests commented on how bad it was throughout the week on my many rides up and down. Other than those two snags our trip was a lot of fun for all. Thanks again Estéban and José!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Cassandra C

Dear cchavez,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay at the hotel and pleased that on the whole you seemed to have enjoyed your experience with us. Although we seemed prepared for this holiday weekend with additional personal to assist all areas, it shows that we can work harder in offering a more unwinding atmosphere. I will address your concerns with the related departments who are responsible for those areas and avoid these shortcomings

I look forward to personally meet you in the near future and once again, welcome you to La Concha for an unforgettable experience.

Saludos,

Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!