“Nice hotel and service”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is located near all of the high end shops, has three decent restaurants and on the beach. The downside of the room is that there is a clear glass window from the bath area into the bedroom. The breakfast in concierge lounge was average. The staff was nice and the concierge set us up with some great tours. I really recommend seeing Old San Juan and taking the bio-luminescent tour.

Room Tip: High floor or cabana.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,307)
  • Polish first
Cranston, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Rooms are good, service good, location great. Overall, excellent place for the money. But, the bar area can. Be unsettling. Last night while my wife and I were at the bar waiting for our dinner reservation at Perla, we were confronted at the bar my a punk that said he had a handgun and wanted money. The bartender asked what was going on after the kid ran out of the hotel and I told her. She got security. They were going to check film. Never was approached by management or st least given an apology or shown any concern. We're here thru next Tuesday. In any event. I guys things happen but you would think management would show some concern.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ghtjdsghn
Mike R, Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to talk to you and again please accept my sincere apologies. We do everything to safe guard our guest and please be assured that this is an isolated incident.

At your service,

Mike Rivera
Hotel Manager
787-447-7745
La Concha Hotel
mirivera@laconcharesort.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We loved everything about La Concha Hotel. Their entire staff is always willing to help and courteous. We were extremely pleased with all the help and concern we received from Tatiana at the front desk when we learned our airline had canceled our flight. She was always willing to help in any way whenever we went to the front desk with a question.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are fantastic. The view is amazing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Although the resort was clean, the rooms were beautiful and the beach was spotless, there was little to do at the resort. The pool was small, no music, no swim up bar, no activities like volleyball to get involved with. The waves were beautiful but dangerous, so swimming in the ocean was not an option, especially for children and again there were no activities at the beach. We ate a few meals at the hotel and it was only okay. Basically the only bar/ night life was in the center of the lobby. We did feel safe leaving the hotel, so spent most of our time outside the resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ErinIdaho
Eduardo R, Front Office Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Erinldaho,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and rating us to be clean, comfortable, and friendly. Reading your review I understand that we could have done better advising you our proximity of things to do in our surrounding..

We are always open for suggestion since our main focus is to delight each and every guest in our beautiful property.

I truly hope that for your next visit to Puerto Rico you would give us another opportunity to be of service and show you all that we have to offer.
If I should be of any assistance to you, please contact me at erivera@laconcharesort.com

It would be great to have you stay with us once more.

Eduardo Rivera
Director of Guest Services.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The resort is everything we hoped for and so much more. The facility is beautiful in and out. The layout is superb , the staff is excellent and the food is wonderful.

Please note we travel extensively so my expectations are high. The beach is very very nice which is important considering we spend most of our time there during the day. In fact I visited the Ritz Hotel to possibly surf their break and noted it was a busy public beach. Only negative I had about the beach at La Concha was the local ice cream vendor ringing a cow bell during the day. I offered to buy his bell. haha He was not amused.

The suite on the beach side was beautiful very large with a separate living room. Bed and linens were very nice. We were delayed on our departure due to flight cancellation so the last night we stayed in a different suite on the street side. Not recommended on a weekend because the music from the bars is till 4:00 am.

Pool and weight room are awesome. We rented bikes from the hotel one day and biked to old san juan its a safe fun easy ride.

The dining around the hotel and night life is good,fun and safe. The locals are laid back and very gentle people.

Lastly and maybe most impressive is the way I was treated when I lost my mobile phone at the pool. I left it in a towel before entering the jaccuzi and when I returned it was gone with the towels.

I notified security and engaged my phone tracker to relocate it. The tracker brought me to the laundry facility. Upon arrival the head of security greeted me and informed me of the chain of events before and after the loss of my phone from the hotel security camera's. The towel and phone had been picked up by mistake by the pool clean up crew and placed in one of 20 towel bins. The security manager and I went through several of the bins until we heard by tracking beacon. I could not have been happier

We are planning on returning again in April with our boys and I am sure frequently in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank tequillasteve
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We ran our Global Sales meeting here in Feb 2014. The hotel staff were fantastic and the place is very, very nice!!! For our sales meeting the room provided for the 22 people was good and the food for b'fast, lunch, breaks and dinner was amazing.
I am not aware of a single complaint from any of our 22 sales staff that were there.
I would also like to single out both Kristine and Griselle who work behind the bar in the lobby. They looked after everyone in a party perfectly - thankyou! (oh - a negroni with tequila instead of gin is far better!!!) :)

Room Tip: Some of our party had suites which are very nice but you don't get the view of th beach like you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy G
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Didn't stay at Hotel but hung out in Lobby bar for evening drinks with my partner and a friend on Sunday night (3/16/14). Julio C. Reyes made our Martinis with expertise and very friendly service. He checked in with us periodically to make sure we were happy and well attended to. Bar manager NEEDS TO promote this VERY capable bar tender !!.......Thanx Julio for making our last night in San Juan a blast!

JOHN, DEREK & ANTHONY (from San Francisco)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,113 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!