“Nice but noisy” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice but noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for some relaxation prior to a work event at another location. Check in was fast with the staff friendly and accomidating. My room was clean and comfortable with lovely ocean view. Howvever after a long Saturday touring Old San Juan the hotel was anything other than relaxing. After turning in for the evening, I was jolted out of a restfull sleep by a loud band playing on an upper floor. I waited a bit prior to contacting the front desk to see if things would calm down however they they didn't as the band got even louder to the point the drums sounded like they could be in my room. I contacted the front desk to see how long the event was planned to last and was told midnight!! After explaining this was unsatisfactory as there should be a reasonable expectation that a hotel room should be able to be slept in, they agreed to contact security check. Noise persisted although not as lound. Upon checking out the next day,I learned the event was on the 12th floor and I was not the only one who called to complain on the noise. I was on the 10th floor and heaven help the person that was between us on the 11th. Needless to say I doubt I will return on my next trip to PR.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors can be VERY noisy if there is an event in the funtion space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,288)
  • Polish first
Elizabeth, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at La Concha in the 1 Bedrm Ocean View ste for a long weekend in Sept. This was a very nice hotel, definitely loved the oceanview. Suite is a bit tiny, stayed with 2 girlfriends but manageable. Staff was friendly & helpful. Voga restaurant was very good. Would definitely recommend this hotel and reserve again if visiting San Juan.

Room Tip: If staying in the one bedroom suites choose the oceanview. The partial ocean view is disappointing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsJamm
Painesville Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

At SJU airport was easy getting a taxi to our hotel . The cost for 4 of us was $25 with tip to La Concha Resort. I can’t say enough good things about this hotel, in my opinion it is a 5 star. Check-in was easy and fast, the front desk was very friendly. We arrived at 4pm and was told there was a problem with a bulb in room, they gave us buzzer to let us know when the room would be ready and also gave us 4 complimentary drinks for having to wait.
My new favorite drink is pineapple mojito, while sitting in the bar, buzzer went off and when I went to get the room key, I was told we have been upgraded to a king suite with Jacuzzi tub, refrig, stove, microwave,etc:
Had pull out sofa for 2 daughters, we had previously paid an extra $60 for a room for 4 people. Was no bedding for pull out and called the desk, within 10 minutes 2 blankets and sheets were delivered.The bed and pillows are so comfortable.
The hotel has 2 hot tubs that overlook the street below, 3 infinity pools and a large swimming pool with water fall from the infinity pool above it. Lobby and entrance is beautiful.
The hotel food and drink prices are expensive. For dinner went across street to cafe called Cafe Del Angel The sign above it says authentic Puerto Rican food
Was an awesome dinner, had my first chicken mofongo , real good and not expensive .. Wife had the skirt steak which was excellent. I went swimming and the wife went to the casino in the hotel, she won $60 and left.
Everyone at the hotel and in San Juan were helpful and friendly… Love San Juan, I hope to come back again and spend more time in old San Juan.

Room Tip: Hope you have a bad light blub in your room so they upgrade you LOL
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Terry R
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night and was amazing! Check in was fast, friendly staff and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Had pool and ocean view. Overall, awesome stay.Will definitively come here for a prolonged stay

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
portside123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival to La Concha, the service was outstanding. Check-in was fast and easy. I got an upgraded room that I paid extra for to have ocean view and it was we worth it. I ate ate the lounge are by the pool since I had a credit and the food was very good, the service outstanding as well. The lobby area is very spacious and loud at night. The pools and hot tubs had plenty of room, especially later in the evening. The room itself is very spacious and comfortable. The bed is very comfortable as well. The location is approximately 5 minutes from the Pan American cruise terminal where Royal Caribbean leaves from- a $15.00 cab ride. Old San Juan is aproximately 7-10 minutes taxi ride.
The hotel has a nice beach as well. The area near the hotel is busy with plenty of bars to drink and a Dunkin Donuts across the street. A Ben and Jerry's is also a minute walk away.
I would highly recommend La Concha in San Juan.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank portside123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel features a contemporary ambience, easy beach access and great restaurants on site and just down the street. We have stayed here two times and the staff has been exceptional both times. I especially wanted to single out Hector Torres for helping make our stay a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Maksim515
Dover, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently visited the "La Concha Resort" in PR and I had a horrible experience. Before my trip i searched the many hotels and resorts that Puerto Rico had to offer and thought that since I stayed In a Renaissance Resort in Miami and had excellent service that I would maybe stay at another location and have another good experience. Boy was I wrong.... So from the moment i walked in the resort I was greeted by the bell boys, which was good, the entrance of the resort was very nice and there was a lot of people checking out, so there was a bit of a wait to check in. I then reached the counter and was greeted by a woman named DENISE, she pulled up my reservation and told me I would be staying in a 1 bedroom suite and it was a city view, the problem was, that I booked an ocean view and not city, so now she' s calling the reservation agents to see what was booked, she didnt get ahold of anyone and said she would give me a partial ocean view because she had no ocean views. so I said ok fine, im not going to make a big deal about the view, because even though I would like a nice view, I would still like looking out at the city. So I paid for my stay and was told I would have to pay an additional $250 incase I wanted to order room service, now I have stayed at many hotels before and never heard this but if this is something that the marriot does they should let their guests know before hand. I informed her that I would not be ordering any room service, so she said I would have to put a minimum of $50 down, so I did. She then gave me my room, I said I am gonna need double beds and she informed me that they dont have any double beds and that I dont have a double bed on my reservation, I said I know I have an option of a double bed or king. So she tells me that they don't have any available until sunday. Now It was Thursday, and I was leaving Monday, what would I do in a 1 brdm King suite with My sister, her son 7mnths, my son1yr and my sister15yo all in 1 bed right? I explained to her that it wasnt enough beds to accommodate the people in my party and she offered me an air mattress..... An Air mattress? Why would I come on vacation and pay $200 a night to sleep on an air mattress? She didnt seem to understand my fustration. so I asked for her manager and of course she hit me with the, I am the manager line. I requested a manager above her, and got an even bigger fool Jose Cepero who offers to accommodate me by offering me an ocean view room in a standard room, W/ 2 double beds no discount..... Then tells me "well I dont know what to tell you, Im not gonna give you a room that someone else has guaranteed, its not my fault you didn't guarantee 2 beds" The room I paid for was a kitchenette!! Stove w/ range, full refrigerator, Spa Tub and Shower... The other room, Shower only, oh and he sad he would try to get a microwave up there for us to warm milk for my nephew. I was so upset an disgusted by this treatment that I wanted to look for another hotel but the boys were exhausted and so was my sisters and I, so we took the one king bed suite because he presented us with a take it or sleep on the beach option. I didnt spend a dime in the hotel our view was of an abandoned building, a dirty building across the street, a very dirty parking lot, a building with trash piled high, oh yeah and a corner of the beach. I will never stay at a Renaissance Resort or any other Marriott hotels for that matter again and I hope this review will deter some of you all from staying there as well! I Paid too much money to be watching homeless people laying on the beach right next to the resort, If I wanted to see that and pay for an expensive room I would have vacationed in Manhattan! Well not really because the NYPD Has that under control!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank ChaiDT
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Saludos ChaiDT,

On behalf of Denise and myself, please accept our apologies for not being able to provide you with the requested city view suite with 2 beds upon your arrival. Regrettably, as mentioned, it would be unfair on our part to take away this room category from those guests who previously guaranteed this accommodation. The guarantee of room accommodations is provided by all Marriott brands and thus we abide by this. However I am glad that with the options provided to better accommodate you and your party, we were able to upgrade you to the partial ocean view suite. Please know that our intention was always to find the best options for you and by no means did we want you to feel mistreated. Our business is focused on service and our commitment is to try to be the best when offering this. We hope that in the future another opportunity can be granted, and if so, I am confident that your expectation and satisfaction will be met.

At your service,

The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,078 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!