“Great getaway! Not for rowdy spring breakers”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at La Concha Renaissance in March 2013 for our baby moon. It was a LOVELY getaway. The staff, the property, the beach, the ocean front room were all perfect. The bar and the restaurants were great as well. The ONLY complaint we have is the room next to us was occupied by four rowdy young men. Every night, the first two nights, without fail, they came back at 4 am yelling and screaming down the hall way, banging on their room door to let the friends that were already in the room, to let them in. It was atrocious. Especially since this hotel is very much occupied by all types of guests, families, children, grandparents, etc. The second night, one of the young men came back at a similar 3-4 am time, and decided to "hang out" in the hallway outside our door, with a girl. At that point, we had no choice but to complain to the front desk and security came up promptly to break it up. The next morning, we spoke to the hotel again. I explained I was 7 months pregnant and I did not appreciate the middle of the night disturbance two nights in a row, that this is an expensive resort in Puerto Rico, not spring break in Palm Springs, and that we did not appreciate the behavior of the guests next door. To the hotel's credit, they dealt with it right away, and it was not an issue again. So note to spring breakers - this is a nice resort where many families come to vacation at. It's not the type of resort to have a drunken party in the hallway in the middle of the night - especially with so many families and children on the premises.

Room Tip: Definitely go with the Ocean Front room - the view is worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Im ask the taxi driver best hotel for my fiance and I, the taxi said: La Concha Condado and AY MI MADRE it was a incredible experience so dedication for the customer that bellboy call Gabriel Andres he is a big guy literally, but bigger at heart,compassion for the people and I wish i had 1 million dollars to give him he got such a way with word's Gabriel is the example of a excellent person doing his or her job, God bless him, If you see this Gabriel Andres Piñones was amazing and thanks again for the spanish lessons TE QUEREMOS MUCHO!!. The rooms where super comfortable,sexy, my fiancee wanted to stay in PR and buy a aparment in Condando and get marry here. LOL Coming back in the hotel went i have children and i fully recomended this hotel for honeymoons, birthdays, any occasion its worth it. Hope my experience helps. God Bless Puerto Rico and USA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I travel frequently for work and visit Puerto Rico on a monthly basis. I have had the pleasure to stay at LaConcha several times in the past year and the staff is exceptional. Especially Mr. Felix Perez and his staff upfront. Felix always greets me with a warm smile and his enthusiasm really makes me feel like I am returning home every time I arrive. It makes traveling for work so much less painful. He is a true attribute to the La Concha staff and leaves a lasting first impression for all visitors to your resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Saludos Marcos,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful words. They will be conveyed to Felix; however I do think he has already seen your post. Most of our staff is in tuned with Tripadvisor reviews because they always love to read how our guests are enjoying their stay. Honestly, Felix is the most genuine person I have had the pleasure of knowing and you can see this all across so many other reviews with so many other guests. Thank you for your loyalty and returning to your home away from home.

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
jcepero@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had the best time in my life- from the amenities, the staff, the comfort and cleanness, were all worth the stay. I like how you can walk out directly from the resort onto the lake/beach front, it's all set up for you, lounge chairs and umbrellas ready. Restaurant on the lake, night life is great, lots of fun, shopping and other restaurants on the left and right of the resort when exiting via the front, I gave a 4 star because the 3 restaurants didn't offer enough varieties and the bathroom flr had urine smells in the grout, so it smelled, but I had my own room spray, so I didn't have to move to another room, plus my room overlooked the water. I'm certainly going back, if you single and just want to relax or if you're a couple married or not and enjoy romance this is the place for you. It's set you so you really do not have to leave the resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chefkim414
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The resort is beautiful. The staff was ALWAYS friendly and willing to help. When we arrived Frankie helped us with all our travels. He kept asking if he could do more and made sure eveything went smoothly. He advised us and he was right on everything. We asked Frankie his background and he graduated in hotel management. He told us a spot was opening up for management. Not only was he professional and knowledgeable but had the personality for this position. I hope he gets it!
The food was outstanding. The rooms clean and beautiful. We had a great vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OhioBuffen
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was recently at La Concha in San Juan with my family for a surprise engagement for my daughter. The staff at this resort made our stay such a joy and were always willing to help and offer suggestions for activities and local eateries. I was especially impressed by Mr. Hector Torres who was extremely helpful in taking big food/drink orders and never skipped a beat! I would recommended this resort to any of my friends going to PR because it is great for families, couples, and groups of all sizes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm a traveler from the States and I've been to PR quite a few times and each time I've come, I've stayed in the Condado area. I've had the opportunity to stay in at least 4 other hotels in this area and La Concha has been my best experience to date. They don't disappoint. From the moment you walk up to the hotel you receive top notch service. While in the Lobby for check-in, I was greeted by the Director of Guest Services, Jose Cepero, who had given me his business card and made sure that taken care of right away. The hotel staff is awesome! There is one hotel employee whose service goes above and beyond. If you get a chance to visit this hotel and lounge out around the beach area of the hotel, hopefully you will have the pleasure of meeting hotel staff member Hector Torres. His service was exceptional! In addition to his exceptional service, he offers a plethora of San Juan knowledge too tourist like me and it was well appreciated. This was my second stay at this hotel, so I can officially say that my great experience there wasn't a onr time thing. You'll love it there. Great ambience.

Room Tip: I had a room this time with a beach view. Great for those who like natural air. Found myself turning...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo