La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
  • Breakfast included
$408
$242
7,792 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The rooms we had was in older section very worn. The rooms were not cleaned very well & somes days we would get coffee and shampoo & others days we would not depening on who cleaned your room. They were working on updating the cable so you didn't have much to watch for 4 days when they said it would only take 2 hours. The pools were great and the view was nice. Not much of a beach area. The restaurant had good food but limited menu and expensive. I would not recommend the buffet. It took forever to get a waffle because they only have 1 machine and 1 person making them and he also makes the omelets and he is very busy. He was working as fast as he could but just to many people for just 1 person to handle.

Room Tip: Get in new section. I heard they were really nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank diaperdi
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The service at the bar was absolutely wonderful. I just wanted to comment how accommodating the bartender Jonathan Ruiz is. He was extremely polite and made my family and I feel as if we were at home. He was always willing to assist us with any questions or concerns we had and point us in the right direction whether it was about good places to go for day trips or what to eat on the menu! He knew exactly what he was talking about and my favorite part about it was that he treated my family with the utter most respect. We will 100% be back to La Concha again, his service was outstanding and so was the hotel in general!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the new building are absolutely beautiful, expensive but SO WORTH IT!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

While planning my trip to Puerto Rico I stayed glued to the reviews on Trip Advisor for the La Concha. 97% were wonderful with 3% expressing negative comments about their hotel stay. I can say unequivocally that I will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE but at the La Concha.

Unfortunately I was sick the week before my trip and ill during my stay. I couldn't do much but sit at the pool, get take-out from Cafe Angel or Subway or mosey down to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream.

From the moment I checked in Noelia made me feel welcome. She was extremely helpful and when I commented that I would like a higher level suite due to suffering from insomnia, she assured me that room 752 was away from the noise. She was right! I even tried to tip her and she smiled, declined my offer and assured me I would have a quiet and restful night's sleep.

Zelideth P. and Ashley R. were the maids assigned to my room during the time I spent at the La Concha. The room was SPOTLESS when I checked in and remained spotless. As I mentioned before I was very ill and was only cleared to fly, because of fluid behind both ears, the afternoon before I left. One morning I had run out of tissues, I went into the hallway and Zelideth was there. She gave me not one but two boxes of Kleenex and from that day on, knocked on my door to make certain I was all right and vitrually offered to bring me towels, Kleenex or anything else I needed. Since I was travelling alone, this kind gesture was GREATLy appreciated.

I did not get to enjoy the restaurants nor bar in the La Concha. I did, however, get the strength to try out the casino - and won - must to my surprise.

I am hoping to make a yearly visit to Puerto Rico and the La Concha. The hotel was magnificant and Puerto Rico is clean, safe and BEAUTIFUL. Get the ocean view suite for a surreal experience.

Thank you Noelia, Zelideth and Ashley for making my trip an experience I will never forget. Next time hopefully I will be able to enjoy what the hotel offers and go to Old San Juan and El Morro.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bdscates
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about our resort. Our mission is to make La Concha an exceptional experience for our guests and we are pleased that we did just that for you. I was glad to read that we met your expectations and provided you with great service and hospitality during your stay. I have shared your comments with Noelia Báez from Front Office as well as with Zelideth Padilla and Ashley A. Ramos from Housekeeping, who were very excited to hear the positive impact created.
On your next visit to San Juan, please contact me directly and I will gladly assist you with your hotel arrangements for another unforgettable experience at La Concha Resort.
Saludos,
Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This overall is a great resort centrally located in Condado. The various pool options, beach front and general good service makes it an ideal place to stay. Stayed in a one bedroom ocean facing suite. Though it was a corner room, the balcony faced the city side thiugh the bedroom window faces the ocean. That's really my only gripe that the balcony did not face the water. Was here for a guys weekend and the resort fits that type of stay. I would not recoomend this property for families as the crowd tends to be the younger/partying set. You will definately hear noise until the wee hours of the night. So if you are in PR to party the night away, La Concha is the ideal place to stay.

Room Tip: One bedroom Suite has a sofa bed in the lounge/living area
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jo2er
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Communication between the hotel before arrival was terrible. As we left the airport, we went to Walmart for few things. We tried calling the hotel before we got to Walmart to ask for directions from there. The front desk had no clue so they transferred us to the concierge. We let it ring until the voicemail came on. We hung up and decided to just try afterwards. Leaving Walmart, we called again and the same thing happened. We started driving after looking at a map etc. we called again and just as we were going to get transferred, we told her what had happened the previous times so she put us on hold for a few minutes. Finally, as we were just about there, the concierge gets on the phone and tries to help. It was a challenge b/c apparently street names are not commonly known, just landmarks. We finally arrived. Check in was quick, although we thought it was odd that no one offered to carry our luggage in for us before we entered the hotel. Rom was spacious, and clean. We stayed on the 11th floor facing the bay/street. We could see the different cruise ships come in throughout our stay. Pretty quiet even though we partly faced the city. Bed/pillows were comfortable but the sheets were a little rougher than what I'm accustomed to. Nice to have a full fridge to store our food/snacks. Stove was great for reheating restaurant leftovers.
Pools were small but they were never too crowded since we weren't there during the busy season. I think it would have been different if we had brought our children and traveled during high peak. Plenty of room on the beach, although rough for swimming. Keep good eye on children. Didnt see an abundance of kids as guests and not sure if I would call it a super friendly family hotel due to the size of the pools, rough ocean and dress codes. BUT, it is a great location with a Walgreens, great ice cream places (Ben & Jerry's), cold stone, frozen yogurt, Baskin Robbins, cheaper options for food than the hotel and shopping all walking distance.
Casino is small but fun. Great games. Great tours offered through the hotel. Booked a zipline adventure and it was great. Found great restaurants and nightlife in Old San Juan. Try El Mojitos for authentic food. Cheaper than Raices and great food. Wouldn't recommend the restaurant right across the street from the hotel, think it was called El Angel. It advertised authentic Puertorican food but found better and cheaper.
Bus stop is right in front of the hotel to the right and it's easy to go to Old San Juan etc. Also try Placita Santurce on Sunday evenings. They have live bands/singers, people dancing to the music in the streets etc. Overall, great stay, nice staff for the most part (Felix is the best), great location, still contemplating bringing the 3 kids here on our next visit but will do if we don't find another hotel w/bigger pools etc.
Recommendations: higher the floor better the room, book a tour w/the concierge (found same price as online directly w/company as w/hotel), visit Castillo and fort in Old San Juan, rent bikes (some companies have age restrictions), buy some food/snacks @Walgreens to save some $$. Have fun!

Room Tip: Higher floor, get a suite, totally worth it
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business