La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
$183
$275
$239
  • Breakfast included
El Canario by the Lagoon(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
  • Breakfast included
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$128
7,827 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to getting on a work related cruise. Arrived very late and was surprisingly upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Amazing. Gorgeous room, outdoor area that went on forever overlooking the ocean, with it's own private hot tub. A very generous gesture seeing as we were checking out the next day. Gym is surprisingly great, not your typical hotel/resort gym. Service at the pool bar was great for our lunch. Pretty loud and party atmosphere at night in the upscale, modern, open air lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived around 1:00 pm with a 4:00 pm check in. When arriving you will be greeted by a friendly staff and if your lucky you will get a high five from Felix. The front desk gave us a pager and we went and had lunch at Solera. Beautiful setting around the pool! Within an hour our room was ready!. Ocean facing room with balcony that had a whirlpool, awesome! Slept with slider open and enjoyed the ocean all night. We ate at Perla and it should not be missed. Great seafood menu with an outstanding wine list. The staff at LaConcha is friendly and accomadating. There are 3 choices for pools with an adult pool available. The resort is located on the beach with chairs and umbrellas available. There are beach boys there to help with umbrellas and chairs and food and beverage service is available. The rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and clean linens available if needed. Please remember to tip accordingly these people are providing a valuable service and gratuities are their main source of income! Looking forward to celebrating our 2nd anniversary next March!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean facing room. View not to be missed!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent location and restaurants. Responsive, helpful staff. On the beach which draws lots of surfers. Casino and lobby bar gave us the entertainment we wanted without effecting security of hotel. Pools were perfect, chairs for all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is very well decorated and very well maintained. The bar and restaurants were superb and the staff was responsive. When we arrived, our room was not yet ready because we arrived around lunch time. The front desk checked us in and gave us a pager so that they could signal when our room was ready. By the time we finished lunch, the pager had signaled and our luggage was on the way to our room. We'd definitely stay there again on another trip to San Juan!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a wonderful two-day stay here. The pool area which also leads to the beach is fantastic. Love the pool above the other pool. You can swim up to the edge and look over as the water falls below you. The hotel lobby screams luxurious and classy. The room I had was nice, but I was a bit disappointed at how noisy it was. I stayed on the third floor and had the room right around the corner from the elevator. Every morning starting around 7am, I could hear all the housekeeping staff talking loudly and moving around. Same thing late at night with guests returning to their rooms. Definitely not the best for sleeping. The other issue was that the power in much of San Juan was out for a day of my two-day stay. This meant that the internet wasn't working at all for nearly 24 hours despite much of the rest of the hotel being run on generators. This was very inconvenient as I had business that I needed to take care of.

Finally, and perhaps worst of all, the room service wrote in their own tip on the bill after I gave it to them. I caught this on my final bill and brought it up with the staff at the front desk. She didn't believe me, but she pulled out the receipt from their records and found that I was correct. The room service person had added on $3 dollars which I did not tip. They removed it, but didn't really apologize.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel if you can get a good deal on the price (Hotwire/Priceline) because it's simply a very nice hotel, but as compared to some of its other counterparts on the strip in San Juan, the service and quality was not as good. Restaurants were also very pricy.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the rooms near the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay. Allow me to begin by apologizing for the inconveniences encountered at our Hotel. We will share your experiences with our staff in order to avoid a reoccurrence and to learn new ways to enhance a great experience when unforeseen situations may arise. Regarding your Room Service experience, we have zero tolerance towards this misconduct from one of our team members. We will address this immediately.

I apologize once again and hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust. I look forward to personally meet you on your next visit to La Concha Resort.

Saludos,