“Friendliest staff!”

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

La Concha has a great location and is a wonderful resort. There is a private beach behind the hotels, and there are several heated pools on the property. Several restaurants to choose from. Our room was clean and comfortable.

The most outstanding part of La Concha is the staff - they are the friendliest of any place I've ever stayed. Every single person greeted us with big smiles and hellos. We especially loved Felix, who coordinated the valets and taxi services in front of the hotel. The staff at the concierge desk was very helpful.

We had an ocean front room, and we slept with the balcony doors open at night, to listen to the ocean. Just wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank j m
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Saludos j m,

Wonderful that you had experienced the friendliness of our staff. We pride ourselves in being genuine and very very happy people. I mean, where else is it better to be employed then in a beautiful resort in Puerto Rico with excellent warm weather and sociable guests. Engaging in conversations is how we get to know you and hope you get to know us. At the end of the day we are all family and friends. I hope you can stay with us again to enjoy our facilities and make new friends. I will convey your nice words to Felix and our concierge team. Thank you.

At your service,

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
La Concha Resort
jcepero@laconcharesort.com

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I live and work in NYC like most of you looking at this I'm sure. Trust me, this is the place you want to stay at for the perfect getaway from the City. Place is Chic, service is incredible, LaPerla restaurant is amazing, and the hotel is extremely clean. If in your budget, get the ocean front. Beach has character unlike most resorts in that it's in a cove and plenty of palm trees if you prefer shade. Main pool area has plenty of seating and restaurant that serves good food. Location is on the beach within 3 minute walk to Ferragamo, LV, and Gucci so you know what the area is like. Dinner at 1919 at the Vanderbilt hotel (the sister hotel next door) is also a must. If you don't want to hang out with 22 year-olds then stay here. If you want that, then stay at the Marriot in san juan.

Cons:
Pool was way to warm.
Breakfast buffet service is not great.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Joefrombrooklyn
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent two nights here- Saturday and Sunday. I checked-in late and was given an ocean front room. (I was expecting a glass of champagne upon arrival- when I asked- a front desk gentleman stated, " When was the last time you stayed here" I replied 2008 he said oh yeah... we stopped doing that a long time ago. I really didn't appreciate his carefree attitude. I really don't understand people who work in customer service- do they really need to be taught that the method of delivery and how you frame it- can really make a difference? Well- I keep telling myself you can't fix stupidity and ignorance. The view was very nice- but the room was literally the size of my closet. The hotel was renovated I believe in 2007 and it looks rather aged. The carpet is coming up, the furniture looks dated, the bed was HORRIBLE- not comfortable at all- the Mattress needs replacement STAT! The bathroom is small- the Aveda bath products aren't even worth using- they are the size of mini tobacco bottles you receive from room service. The shower had mold all over it. Why can't housekeeping take a bottle of bleach to it? Oh and housekeeping- they didn't even attempt to clean my room until 5 PM? The phone in my room didn't work, nor the safe. The beach is nice- but the beach chairs are dirty, old and falling apart. The pools are nice but too small. I wouldn't be this negative or could possible overlook the short-falls if the hotel was not $300 plus a night. Anyone who is planning on staying here and are expecting a first class experience- I would try another hotel. Yes the location and the beach are great but it stops there!
Oh and if you're an elite member with Ritz or Marriott- don't expect a complimentary late check-out! They don't really care- I was told 2PM- then my partner was told 1 PM and when I called down from my cell phone as my room phone was broken- the woman said 12:45- really? get your communication together!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BCMSW06
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Saludos BCMSW06,

Thank you for your review and letting us know your experience. It is at times like these that we scrutinize every observation to make the necessary changes to improve. By no means would we stay satisfied with half level service. Our goal is to be the best in the Caribbean and to go above your expectations. We do invite everyone to express their experience, good or non satisfactory, for through the voice of our guest is where we change or modify to your needs and requests.
BCMSW06, I greatly apologize for your inconveniences and for not providing an excellent stay and I ask to please contact me at your convenience. I would like to look into the details of your time with us definitely make it up to you.

At your service,

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
La Concha Resort
jcepero@laconcharesort.com
787-602-6121

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our third stay at La Concha, and I can't wait to return. We stayed in the new section of the hotel with a jacuzzi on our balcony - it was heaven. Carlos, Coral, Rebecca, Rogelio and Hector made sure our every need for food and drink was met both on the beach and bar-side at Solera. It's a great location with multiple fabulous restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk. Pools are gorgeous, beach is clean and people-watching is awesome.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, which was very roomy for two people.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kerri L
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Got a killer deal on this hotel through Hotels.com. Wasn't sure what to expect, but very pleasantly surprised by the suite-style room! Very comfortable, modern, clean, spacious. A club scene in the lobby on a weekend night, but easy access to everything in the area. Note, it's a busy, big property, but you can choose to hang with that or retreat to your room. Would visit again, just wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: Hotels.com!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rowergirl369
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My new husband and I went on a quick getaway after our wedding before our longer honeymoon to Hawaii in June. We picked the perfect location and hotel for relaxation and good food. The pools were nice and warm and there were plenty of spots in both the sun and shade. I was happily surprised to see that the infinity pools were directly on the beach!
When we checked in we were given a discount to upgrade from a partial ocean view to full ocean view suite and we are so glad we did. Since this hotel is right on the beach you look out the window and only see the ocean as far as the eye can see. The suite tower was great and had its own pool area.
We ate at Perla which was delicious and Voga for Italian. Voga was so good we ate there twice in 4 days. Our server Ivan was on point with his recommendations and provided a great experience. Also the Ben and Jerry's right next to the hotel provided a low key and inexpensive breakfast that was so tasty!
The vibe of this hotel is youthful and fun without being noisy or overly trendy. There are fountains everywhere so you are relaxed by the constant sound of water in the lobby. All staff was friendly and enthusiastic and helpful.
This hotel and vacation was exactly what we wanted it to be and was a wonderful place to relax.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank ameredithnyc
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was so attentive and caring! We had a server named Mario Lopez who was just amazing! He really made our day! Had jokes and tricks and even though he didn't smoke he found some malboros for us! He was always top knotch at keeping us happy and having the time of our lives! Ill deff will be back here for some good drinks and Mario's excellent service!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Hotel El Convento
#2 of 47 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!