“GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Wausau
“GREAT EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wow what a hotel. We just came back from staying at the LaConcha Resort for a long weekend and it was fantastic. It is my second visit at this hotel and it continues to be my favorite in Puerto Rico. The staff is beyond friendly...they will go out of there way to help you. The suite was very clean and the view was breathtaking.

I enjoyed the lounge as it gave you a very comfortable feeling and the lighting was very romantic.
I can not wait to go back and thank you for a wonderful experience.

Dan

Room Tip: you want to get a ocean view room if you can as the sound of the waves hitting against the rock is s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,358)
  • Polish first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We took a much needed 5 day respite from the snow and stayed at La Concha. This hotel was a very pleasant experience. The staff was most friendly and helpful. Front desk, concierge were very attentive but what stood out most was our welcome by Felix who was friendly and helpful during our stay. He even remember our names.
This is a great beach location with multiple pools (including one for adults only). Lovely, sheltered beach. Restaurants were adequate and what one would expect from a hotel. Staff friendly and for the most part attentive.
Room decor was a bit stark and worn. Not what one would expect from a higher end hotel. But...we didn't come to sit in the room.

Room Tip: Go for the beach view rooms!
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here few times. Each time a different experience. It is a nice location. A couple great restaurants nearby to walk. La cosa and Jose Jose. Reaching the front desk on the room phone is a tough one. I left something in my room and called to see if they could go to my room and retrieve it. They went to the room called me back and said we will take care of it. nothing never happened. As a business traveler leaving something behind is common and you would think they would follow up. It is a great location but fare service

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff was great - especially Felix out front who assisted with Taxis. Almost impossible to get by him without getting a high five. Pool was a little on the small side, but nothing to complain about. Beach was very nice. Rooms were nice as well. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Junior suites are very large.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked 7 nights. Great location. The Valet staff was very friendly, funny and helpful. Luis at the Front Desk was outstanding. The ocean view was superb. Unfortunately we were not able to enjoy the beach the first few days since my husband got an eye infection caused by some dust stirred inside the plane by a technician trying to fix the TV (it never worked). The room was clean but we had to request the room attendant to scrub the bathroom, there was some improvement...she constantly forgot to leave soap in the room. The drawer handles kept coming off. While it is convenient, I will never include breakfast with our stay. The scramble eggs were terrible, we put them aside and ordered fried eggs instead. The potatoes were always cold and the watermelon was stale sometimes. Overall, there is a great variety and most of the staff was nice and on their toes. Service at breakfast declined a bit near the weekend. To visit Old San I suggest that during the day, instead of spending $15 for a short ride to Old San Juan, you take the bus in front of the hotel for $0.75 and you will enjoy a short tour by the new Convention Center as a bonus. We did hire a cab at night. The vending machine took our money and did not dispense, it took 3 hours to finally someone showed with the replacements. Requested a cork opener and after 3 more calls and long wait we gave up, never arrived. At the terrace, service was terrible, our waitress was more interested on her male co-worker than our table, kept us waiting and brought incomplete order, we did not return. During breakfast one morning we had a guest who preferred to order a la cart, we requested a menu and ordered fried eggs and fries on a separate bill. When the eggs came the fries were missing, called the waitress who said, no problem, I can get you some from the buffet. When the bill came, instead of a simple menu charge, they asked for $35, when I inquired, waitress said that it was because she had taken the potatoes from the buffet. I asked to ask the manager to correct the bill, he said the same thing and the full buffet charge remained... for guests spending 7 nights I consider this very wrong. I have read other reviews and somewhat feel that we were mistreated. I also suggest that any vendors at the beach be asked to watch their language. The man renting the surf-boards was so loud and his language so filthy that my husband had to ask him to tone it down. We were told that the hotel cannot do anything about this since they are not their employees. Still, we loved the ocean view!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just returned from a week at La Concha. We'd like to commend in particular a server at Solara, Sharleen Shiu. Sharleen, by way of her remarkable service, charming presence, and warm yet professional attention, made us feel like we were special guests. Yet it was clear this is how she approaches all the guests.

In addition, one night when a large number of guests descended on the restaurant at the same late hour, one of the "runners" named Lucas Paley turned what could have been a frantic situation into a relaxed and enjoyable night. While making it look effortless, Lucas kept us and numerous other guests spoiled and happy.

The facilities are wonderful and the location is great. The food is outstanding, but the staff will make or break the final impression of a visit. La Concha is well served by these employees.

Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

One of my co-workers was planning a trip to La Concha the weekend of valentines day because he was going to propose to his girlfriend. He asked me to help him in making special arrangements at the hotel and some local businesses. Since I was calling from NY I thought it was going to be super hard to actually make everything work. I was WRONG. As soon as I called the hotel the conceirge named Juan was so helpful. He repeatedly called me to make sure that everything we asked for was taken care of, we were in consistant communication, and of course everything went perfectly as planned. The staff at La Concha made my co-workers proposal a success. If you need anything I would recommend you stay here because the staff goes way out of effort to help you and make sure your trip will be perfect. If you decide to go to La Concha please ask for Juan HE IS TRULY THE BEST PERSON TO DEAL WITH...

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!