“Average”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok, so I read the reviews and I must say, I wasn't that pleased with this property. The pool areas and common grounds were nice, but not as fabulous as I hoped or was told. The back of the hotel lacked so much of what the pictures on the internet state. My room was clean, but "dated". It was decorated with very retro chic furnishing, but it had pictures on the wall that looked like they came from the WALGREEN'S down the street....SERIOUSLY! The hotel staff was AMAZING. They were very friendly and courteous and always there to assist if I needed questions answered.
I think I was perhaps in the WRONG TOWER. We visited some newly acquired friends and they had an ocean view room which distracted from the dated looking rooms. I'm learning "luxury" doesn't have the same meaning to everyone, so be careful when you read these reviews. We ate at the property for several meals and the food was good. Pricey, but good. My 9 year old daughter just had to have sushi in one of the restaurants and I paid about $80 just for 3 rolls and NO ALCOHOL ( I think we had a salad also). The hotel sits in perhaps the best location of San Juan. You walk out the hotel to the city streets and pretty much can find and do anything. LOVED LOVED my trip to San Juan. We visited the Rain Forest at El Yucatan. It's a MUST SEE if you visit PR. La Concha wasn't BAD, it just didn't live up to my expectations. Will definitely go back. Just won't stay at La Concha.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room! I was given this recommendation from a friend. I could have sworn he t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,340)
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 12 nights, from 12/24/12 thru 1/4/13. Our adult kids and their familys came in on 12/26 thru 1/4/13. There was a total of 12 of us!! We all had a blast and each and every one of us loved our rooms which were the 1 bedroom suites in the new tower facing the ocean. The rooms were fabulous with the modern decor, kitchen and so very clean. We spent so much time on the balcony looking at the beautiful ocean and listening to the waves crash in.

The staff there is is so friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Service was very timely as well.

The restaurants were awsome and the roomservice was great.

The New Year celebration in the Lobby was breathtaking.

Our family had an incredible time and look forward to booking at La Concha again.

Deena B

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed with my husband and a group of friends at La Concha resort for 6 glorious days. The hotel is very modern elegant and chic. When we entered those doors we knew we were just going to be treated like royalty and we weren't wrong. The lady at the front desk, Christina, was very helpful and quick getting our reservations, we had no issues with our check ins and our rooms were available right away.

The hotel has everything. The service is great from the front desk to bellhops, bartenders, casino employees, security, valets. Everyone.

The amenities were incredible. The infinity pool was very relaxing with the view and the tropical climate was an excellent change to the cold we get in PA. The restaurant had some wonderful dishes and grade A food. The hotel projects as a very adult themed as there were very few kids around. We spent a lot of time at he lobby bar hanging out because we ran into some rain at night. It’s very simple but has good music and a good atmosphere. Randy the bartender was very attentive and fun overall. He made us some nice tropical drinks.

We can't wait to go back and will definitely stay there again. It's hands down the best hotel we have stayed at in our trips to PR.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room as high as possible. That view is priceless.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second time staying at La Concha and the first time in the new building. The Spa room was great for one night and 1064 has a great view of Ashford, the beach, and the best late night moon view. The service is outstanding for such a busy time of year and Carlos is worthy of top management. The team at the front worked so hard to make us feel like La Familia and that put a smile on our face everyday. The food is good and the Puerto Rican choices are good too but we felt the beach BBQ should have a different menu. Overall, we love it!

Room Tip: Suites are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just got back from a great stay at the La Concha! The property was perfect- great amenities, restaurants, nightlife... you never have to leave. The service was exceptionally phenomenal! One server we had in particular, Hector Torres, went out of his way to make us feel at home. He was extremely helpful, kind, and gracious. La Concha is a beautiful resort with exceptional service... I highly reccomend- must visit Hector! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at La Concha in an ocean view room in Nov 2012 and loved it! First off, the hotel is situated right in the middle of everything, very convenient. Had a very South Beach vibe to it. Trendy and beautiful, I would say the ocean view room is worth the extra money. The views were just magnificent. The staff was so helpful and friendly it really made for a luxurious stay. Every demand was met with a smile. The beach, where we spent most of the time was amazing. A person on the beach was quick to set you up with a lounger and table with umbrella. Drinks were tasty and had plenty of alcohol. I would not say they were too expensive either.
We only ate at the restaurant once for lunch, it was pretty pricey but the food was decent.
At night the lobby and the outside had a lounge atmosphere with many good looking people around. Overall I would highly recommend the place to anyone!

Room Tip: Would highly recommend an upgrade to the ocean view room. Was worth every penny to wake up to that v...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank IrinaB960
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights during the winter time. The hotel is situated in a great neighborhood with plenty of food options nearby. All the rooms were spacious with its own kitchenette. The hotel has great amenities, especially for people who enjoy a lively nightlife. They include a casino, an infinity pool, and a late night bar. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 48 in San Juan
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!