La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
  • Breakfast included
$408
$242
7,792 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here only two nights. 10/21/12 and 11/08/12. We were there on Bussiness. So we moved around hotels. We did not meet Hector the first night :( but we wished we had. He was very accomadating a great around guy. I suggest if you stay there you must ask for him. The rest of the Hotel was great as well. But the biggest aspect was Hector. We miss you Hector.

Room Tip: we did not do spa or breakfast so can't really say. But I am sure it is great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Took a "ladies only" trip to celebrate a 40th birthday... HAD A GREAT TIME!!! make sure you ask for Hector Torres is you happen to eat outside by the pool! He is wonderful... Great customer service, great conversation, great smile, lots of wisdom for his age! Hotel was extremely nice... Can't imagine staying elsewhere during future trips!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with more that you and a significant other (3 or more) get a suite in the tower. Very spacious and conducive to a group.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

From the time i walked thru the front door i loved everything about this place
Great atmosphere really friendly people
The pools are set up perfectely i couldnt of chosen a better place for a 10 day vacation

Room Tip: I had a junior sweet and loved it very spacious great ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stay here on a monthly basis for work (yeah, I know, lucky me), and find everything about this hotel AMAZING, until my last visit over Halloween weekend, in room 1122 I discovered that the DJ's speakers from the 12th floor ballroom were directly over my room. Bass thumping went until 2 am, then the raucousness from the wedding continued until 6 am. The next night was a bit less disturbing, but for the first time I was very displeased with my visit due to lack of sleep.

The lovely Elizabeth provided some concessions to appease me, it would have been nice had the top manager who looked me straight in eye had said "sorry" but he didn't, which is not a good thing when I go there on a monthly basis.

Stick to midlevel floors which have amazing views themselves!

Room Tip: Avoid higher floors of Ocean Tower because of ballroom on 12th floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ramon M
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Found an great price on Marriott's website, booked for 5 days, one week before Christmas. We didn't reserve an ocean view room, and after all was said and done, I wish we had. Ours overlooked the street, and early in the morning (3am) - it was very noisy. There's something to be said about hearing the ocean when you wake in the morning. Still, the room was very, very nice - the kitchen had a full table with a bench and chairs, two couches, a full refridgerator, microwave, all the kitchenware one might need if they chose to cook/eat without leaving the room.

The entire hotel was elegantly decorated for the holidays, the scenery when walking in from outdoors was magical - I loved this hotel. The solarium was beautiful, a great place for relaxing, enjoying the hot tub, and it was clearly used for business lunches, a casual yet elegant place to meet friends, and families lunching after a day at the beach.

One evening, we had coffee and dessert at Perla, the signature floating seashell restaurant at the hotel. I wouldn't typically spend $55 on dessert and coffee, but it was well worth the price to see how pretty the restaurant is inside. Surrounding restaurant prices for dinner range from $12 - $25 per person without drinks, there are affordable options at almost all nearby dining establishments, and menus are typically posted outside.

While there is a large beach area, the hotel itself casts quite a shadow over the sand so by early afternoon, everyone is chasing the sun to one side of beach. The same goes for the pools. We enjoyed the infinity pool on the 4th floor I think it was, and true to previous TripAdvisor reports, their staff gently direct children to another pool if they're intending to use the Adult Only Pool. The infinity pool has a stunning view of the ocean, and this hotel makes for a very relaxing stay. Add the casino in as another entertain option, and you're good for the night and wouldn't have to go anywhere else if you didn't want to. But don't forget - there's still Old San Juan that deserves some time, too!

I chose "average" for location for the simple reason that while I loved the hotel and felt it offered a lot of entertainment options all by itself, I didn't feel there was a lot to do in the area without transportation (for someone my age - reaching 50). I'm not into the bar scene at night, but enjoy shopping, museums, etc. There were several restaurants within walking distance, but beyond that - I really didn't find much to do nearby. We walked 1 1/2 miles from the hotel to a museum recommended by a friend, this allowed us a view of the area without buzzing by in a taxi - but it was hot and I wouldn't recommend walking unless it a cool day. Also, a taxi can get you into Old San Juan for $15 or less, and plan to spend a minimum of two days there!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view - the upgrade should be well worth the price!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family