La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn(San Juan)
  • Beachfront
7,786 results
All reviewssuite towerfelix perezocean viewlobby barnew towerla concha renaissanceadult poolslidersmain poolbeautiful resortchairs and umbrellasgreat beachconcierge deskresort feefitness centercondado areasolera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because I got a good deal on flight and hotel.Beautiful hotel. Lotsa security.Very safe place. Rooms cleaned daily.$40 for breakfast for 2.That was after they applied a 15%coupon.$9 for rum and cola.DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT YOU MAKE RUM HERE???... Get dressed.Walk outside.take a left or a right and eat and drink somewhere else.Great restaurants and bars in walking distance.Take city bus into Old San Juan.Try mafungo.The local specialty.Hotel is right on the beach.Huge waves.Free chairs and umbrellas.Casino was cool.Have fun.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DonHeather
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at La Concha for one night at the beginning of my honeymoon. The stay started out on the wrong foot. My wife and I checked in and were given a room on the top floor in the suite tower with a city view. When we made our way up to the room we discovered when we walked in that another couple was already staying in the same room. I made my way back downstairs and let the front desk associate(Jose) know I was upset at this. He immediately went back to have the front office manager(Orlando) talk with us. Both Jose and Orlando immediately apologized. We were compensated with an upgrade to a whirlpool suite overlooking the beach. Orlando had a bottle of champagne sent up and we were given breakfast buffet vouchers for the next morning.

As someone who works in the service industry I know that mistakes can happen, but it is how the staff reacted to the mistake that made the stay great for my wife and I. Next time I am in PR, I will stay at La Concha again for this reason.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Was greeted by Felix and his smile is as big as everyone's review say ! Everyone of the staff is friendly and can not wait to help you . Resort is great. Nice rooms ,beds, everything! No complaints here can't wait to come back

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have traveled to Puerto Rico on business quite a bit over the past few years and I stay at La Concha whenever I can. It's located in the heart of the active Candado area, where you can find great food, a beautiful beach, and other convenences. But you don't need to leave the hotel to find the best of what Candado has to offer. After my day is over, I typically sit down and order fresh cut sushi or steak salad by the pool from Sharleen (Solara Restauraunt), who always remembers my name and does a great job along with the rest of the staff throughout the hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean, and some have a kitchen, which is great for a long weekend or if your a frequent traveler. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Yesterday, I returned from my 6 nights/7 day trip to La Concha hotel in San Juan. I spent about two weeks on this site trying to choose a hotel for my trip. Also, should I stay at Condado or Isla Verde? I am SO HAPPY that I picked La Concha.

First of all, when we arrived we were greeted by Felix who treated us like we were family he had not seen in years. He was born to do the job that he does and he was an asset to our trip. This hotel is so fortunate to have him because he draws in guests.

PROS:
At check-in, we waited about 10 mins and were then given keys to our room at about 10:30 AM (thank goodness for early check-in!).
We had at a one-bedroom city view suite. I totally recommend the one-bedroom suite. It is worth the splurge because the rooms are comfortable and they have a fully-equipped kitchenette.
The beach is awesome. A few steps and there you are.
The pools are great.
I recommend The Solera restaurants (poolside) because the food and drinks are GREAT. My favorite was the White Lace. I did not try the other restaurants at the hotel.
The locations is convenient. You have Subway, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Walgreens and various criolle restaurants in walking distance. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel. You can take a 75 cent bus ride into San Juan.
I was very impressed with the security inside and all around the area.

CONS:
Being OCD about cleanliness, I thought that the rooms could have been cleaned a little better. I think a little more attention to detail would be good but I also think it just depends on which housekeeper you get.

MOSQUITOES! It's the Carribean. I KNOW! But I ran from them the entire trip. I was constantly spraying repellant. I wish the hotel would use some Citronella plants.

Other than these two things, I could not think of anything negative to stay about this hotel or should I say resort (its not just a hotel). It is truly THE GEM of the Condado! I highly recommend this hotel. If you have been searching for a hotel, this is the one. Take it from a picky traveler!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Get a one-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parale45