“La Concha - Fantastico” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Chicago
“La Concha - Fantastico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at La Concha in the Suite Tower for 4 days to celebrate a friend's birthday. I chose the 1 bedroom suite with a partial ocean view. The room was very nice (564), but the partial ocean view also left me with a partial city view of a dilapidated building! I just ignored that view and concentrated on the ocean view ;-). The maids did a great job of cleaning it every day. I have stayed at La Concha before in the other tower with a full ocean view (no balcony) and it's amazing! The other tower can be a bit noisy from the bar area and pool, so if that's a problem for you then the Suite Tower may be the way to go.

One of the best things about my stay at La Concha was the level of service we received from Hector Torres around the pool and at the restaurant around the pool. There have been other reviews that have mentioned Hector and they are spot on about his friendliness, professionalism, and willingness to serve no matter how high maintenance and/or tipsy we got :D.

I also want to mention that there were a number of other employees there who were friendly and willing to serve. Sometimes the service is slow but really you're on vacation and the key is to relax. Sometimes other staff members did not get something right, but they were always ready to fix the problem to your satisfaction when you brought it to their attention.

We had dinner at La Perla and the food and service was excellent. The restaurant next to the pool area also serves good lunch and snack food. We had the breakfast buffet which was also good.

I have stayed at a number of different hotels in the San Juan area (St Regis Bahia, Hilton Caribe, Marriott down the street from La Concha) and I have to say this is fast becoming my favorite hotel. The hotel is well kept. The service is friendly. The other travelers are a good mixture of young and middle age without being too immature or snobby. The location is fantastic (close enough to the airport, Old San Juan, good restaurants in Condado, etc). I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,288)
  • Polish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

La Concha is great hotel that is well situated on the main road in Condado. The staff were very attentive and helpful especially their valet and bellmen. The casino is a bit small but has a good variety of games.

We were on the 3rd floor, right next to the elevators, housekeeping room and were above the grill and underneath the Italian restaurant. We heard everything that was going on in the hotel and smelled all of the food that was being cooked. If you're staying here, choose not to stay on the 3rd floor.

The adult pool was very nice and clean. I emphasize clean because my friends went to the hot tub in the other pool and saw a filmy layer of muck. Because of this we didn't venture out of the adult pool at all.

Overall, the hotel offers great value for the price. There is free wi-fi, printing and good size business center and fitness center. All of the rooms in the regular tower face the ocean. Plus, it's right on the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms in the regular tower face the ocean. Only some of the rooms in the suite tower face the st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Even though we only stayed at La Concha for 1 night, we really enjoyed the resort and the amenities! Our room was on the 4th floor and had a beautiful ocean view. The staff was very friendly and the entire resort seemed to be very clean. The drinks were a bit pricey but they were good. We did not eat at the resort so I can not say how the food was but it did smell amazing. The beach area was very nice and the chairs were very very comfortable. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would consider staying at La Concha when we return to Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: The rooms that are considered "Ocean View" are fantastic! They are cheaper than the balcon...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank summer b
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just got home from 10 days in Puerto Rico and I just had to say a big THANK YOU to Hector Torres. We got to La Cohcha on Wednesday September 26th and we met Hector at the restaurant by the pool. Hector provided us with excellent service; he catered to our high maintenance requests. We had just arrived on a red-eye flight from Seattle and we just had to have breakfast although it was lunch time. Not only did he make sure we had a great breakfast but he also made some amazing coffee.
Hector soon became my go to person; he always has a great smile and that can I help you attitude, which made it easy to approach him. He’s knowledgeable about all of Puerto Rico not only the San Juan area. He was instrumental in helping me plan my trip around the island he gave me very useful information on things to see and do.
I stayed at 4 different hotels and resorts around the Island including the Rincon Beach Resort and The Caribe Hilton but none of them compared to La Concha and it's mainly because of Hector, when I remember Puerto Rico I remember Hector Torres for his great customer service, good suggestions and his worm friendly welcoming personality. Thank you Hector for making my stay at La Concha a memorable one. You are the best!

Rose!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rosedewar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My stay in La Concha was amazing I loved the hotel very nice good treatment very friendly employees I stay on the 3rd floor of the suite very nice and clean and I loved the very friendly maid suleca thank u.
I love La Concha!!!

• Stayed October 2012
dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

La Concha is a modern hotel with a chic interior, open green space with small pools and hot tubs, and a DJ in the lobby on some nights. The service was great. Barrack the waiter at the pools, and Felix (at the front entrance) were always in good spirits even when things were busy. All of the concierges had good tips. The location is great for walking to restaurants and is a short taxi ride from Old San Juan. If there is a music festival or parade nearby you will hear every note of every song in your room, but should be expected in a city that likes to dance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Savannah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We got rooms on points, otherwise I don't think we would have stayed there. But clean, good service, centrally located (outside Old San Juan, which is a plus). Bar downstairs is quite expensive, but good. Decent breakfast, but they don't serve it on the weekends. Beds were comfy but the pullout couch was uncomfortable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,078 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!