“Wonderful Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at La Concha for 2 weeks, while on a work assignment. The hotel is beautiful, every amenity you could ask for and it is located directly on Condado Beach. The restaurants have excellent food and all of the hotel staff was superb. I am a marriott elite member and had access to the Ocean Lounge. Pablo, Luis and Michael were very friendly, always had a smile and went out of their way to provide each guest with the best experience possible. The front desk help were very friendly and were ready to help all guests in any way they could. The staff of the poolside restaurant were outstanding. The lobby bar provided a nice atmosphere for some late night socializing. Excellent place to stay for a fabulous trip, peronal or business.

Room Tip: The ocean view room has plenty of room, comfortable couch and chair, 37" TV and DVD player. Th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,286)
  • Polish first
ottawa, ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Great experience...no help from the front desk. Our ocean view room was directly in front of the shell from the restaurant with a window you could not see out of. I was under the impression we were in a room with a balcony. It was important to me and I explained it to the front desk that I was willing to pay more. I asked to speak to the manager twice and was given her phone number? She was busy but it would have been the customer service thing to do is assure me she is willing provided a room becomes available or the Hotel is sold out its not going to happen. They advised I try on a Friday and I asked why they cant put a note in the file and someone let me know. There are many beautiful places to visit in the world but you have to give good service. The service in the rest of the hotel was amazing dropped the ball at the front desk though...big time.

1 Thank barbados94
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at La Concha for over 5 weeks when on an assignment in Puerto Rico. The hotel was very clean, full of assorted amenities to include free, in-room wi-fi, and staff who went the extra mile to assure our food, our room and our experience was top-notch.

The hotel is directly on the beach, with convenient parking and access to major roads to all points in the island. If you wish a casino, one is attached. The room we had was an ocean view suite and quite roomy. A kitchette, dining table and seating area form the front room; the bathroom separates the bedroom area from the living area. The balcony off the bedroom is roomy enough for a table and chairs and ours faced east providing a splendid view of the sunrise.

The staff at the restaurant at poolside (and the food) were outstanding. Even after dining there almost every evening, we still looked forward to returning every night to sit with a breeze, some music and small bites for dinner.

Room Tip: Suites in the tower with an ocean view are the prime location. Street side is noisy on the weekend.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 days! This hotel is BEAUTIFUL!! We booked a suite on the 4th floor. Our view was AMAZING! The staff at the hotel were very knowledgeable and helpful. It was very accessible to the bus which we rode to Old San Juan. This is a MUST if u plan on staying in Condado! The infinity pools were great, the beach was WONDERFUL! I have nothing bad to say abt this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for the suites!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mvnbjv
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Concha for 9 days in July '11. This hotel is located in the heart of the Condado area. There are nearby conveniences such as: donut shops, Walgreens, grocery stores, restaurants, souvenir shops, and you can always catch a taxi. If you are going to stay at this resort, you MUST reserve an ocean view room. It is well worth your money. The hotel is beautifully decorated with a very chic modern feel. The hotel staff was very friendly, but a bit slow. We had to ask for extra towels, robes, etc numerous times and even had to go to the front desk twice after waiting 45 mins on two different occasions. The fitness center, restaurants, and pools were great, but I noticed people coming into the resort and swimming area who were not guests of the hotel. I just wish they were a little more exclusive. We absolutely LOVED Puerto Rico, but we will probably try a different and more exclusive resort the next time we visit. Nobody wins anything at the Casino...don't waste your money. I wouldn't recommend this resort to couples who are looking for an exclusive, quiet, and romantic resort. I think this resort is great for familes and friends. My husband and I travel quite a bit, and I have to say that we would definitely go back to Puerto Rico and this resort with friends and family (but not on a couples trip). Happy Traveling.

Room Tip: ocean view- 4th floor or above. There are palm trees that will block your view on the lower levels.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenicajoy
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here for a business conference at the Convention Center. On first arrival the building has some exterior issues. The paint is rusted on many of the sides and the rain has chipped away many areas. The lobby and grounds are on the whole ever nice. The restaurant on the lobby level is good, I had the hanger steak with mango salsa and was very pleased. The pool and hot tub are well designed and the walk to the beach is about 100 feet.

The water from the Ocean was warm and the hotel did a good job keeping the beach around the hotel in good order. The BEACH IS AWESOME, and if this was all I was looking for it would be a great hotel.

The rooms left much to desire. I had a suite room facing the city, and if I was to do it again I would ask for one facing the ocean. The furniture in the room was very uncomfortable. The tile on the main floor and in the bathroom was dirty and unkeep. Even after a few cleanings it was not clean, and the table in the main area was dirty when I checked in.

The bed was the only bright spot. It was amazingly comfortable, the sheets, pillows and mattress where perfect.

One side note, be careful of the resort fee. IT WAS 30 dollars a day, plus a high tax rate and you can add an additional 60 dollars a night to your bill. If you rented a car add an additional 20 dollars for parking and you have 80 bucks a night in random fees!

Room Tip: Be Careful of Resort Fee's
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kovacicn
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Date Stayed 9/29-10/3/2011- 4 Night Stay at La Concha Hotel Resort. WOW WOW WOW is all I have to say about this hotel. The minute we arrived at the hotel I know that I hit the Jack Pot. WE arrived in the early evening and were greeted by Ralph and he was amazing from getting us out the taxi to getting our bags ASAP. I want to add that we arrived Fashion Week and the hotel was hosting After party\ies for the fashion show every night we were there. So with that said the service in every corner of the resort was spot on no matter how hetic it got. Before arrving I had contacted the hotel and was speaking to Lousie and she was MORE THAN AMAZING, she granted every request I had and more no questiona asked. Louise and Nataila were spot on no matter the question.
This resort is very Chic and no one ever made you feel uncomfortable they made you feel welcomed like you lived at the resort forever and that makes you feel great knowing that anyone is ready to answer any qustions you may have. All staff I encounterd was helpful.
We ate pizza from Voga and man let me tell you, we got one of each on the list as it was a party of 6 and that pizza was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD and held us off until we went to dinner. Solera had some great drinks and we DRANK I think every one on the list one night HA HA. The prices are a bit pricey but when you are from NY it was like any other sport bar or bar you go to so it was Normal for us, I have to ADD YOU HAVE TO TRY WHITE LACE, that drink was outstanding.. My finacee was drinking White Lace al night on of teh nights we decided to hang in the Lobby Bar/Louge.
The only one complaint I was have the Air Conditioner, it was pretty warm in our roon after being at for many hours, I went to the front desk and by the time I got to the door of my room 1210 the enigeer was walking right behind me and fix the AC ASAP. However I think the reason it was warm in our room was because I was always opening the Balcony door and when the Balcony and Front door was opened the AC would shut off. Smart but for someone who is hot blooded not so good. But nothing to rate the hotel as bad that was a minor issue and was resolved. I cant wait to go back and have another wonderful vacation.
I booked my Vacation through Hotel.com and got a good price for a deluxe ocean front room at La Concha.
Stay at La Concha you wont regret it, if you do then something is wrong with you.

Thank you La Concha for a perfect stay with friends. La Concha Clan 2011..

Room Tip: Just ask for an upgrade if they have it they will grant it to you.... they did for us. Had a full Ba...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,078 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort? Share your experiences!