2,383 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel puerto rico infinity pool turn down service full length mirror ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel. Cannot complain. Friendly staff. Great service. Rooms are fine (would prefer a shower than a tub; don’t understand why you did not do this during the renovation). Beautiful breakfast area, and yes, an amazing cigar lounge. They spent a couple of hundred grand on this lounge. Cigar lounges are not my thing (although I smoke several cigars a day), but on business, not really wanting to sit outside where it’s pretty windy and the salty air, this is tops.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RenatodiCaprio
Reviewed February 12, 2019

The Condando Vanderbilt is a lovely beach front property. The staff are warm and gracious. We had an ocean front suite with two balconies which had wonderful views of San Juan and the ocean. The suite was fairly well appointed and comes with a butler who checks in with you once or twice a day on whether you need any reservations. I am giving 4 stars because the service is not quite the standard of what I would expect of a five star property ( I am picky and have travelled with world and have experienced excellent service) but this property, I believe, is as good as it gets in San Juan. I have also stayed at El Convento which is in the heart of Old San Juan. I would choose the Condado Vanderbilt over El Convento for the ocean front view and elegance of the property. El Convento was lovely to but the service was less personal.

Room tip: If you are sensitive to noise beware of the east tower - from the 6th floor we were able to hear the roof top bar nearby until 2 am.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2019

Our second visit since 2018 and it was just as lovely as the first time ... we booked a Biltmore Suite which has a balcony facing the pool and the ocean and it was just what we were dreaming of as we fled the polar vortex back home. Tremendous service, gorgeous room, fabulous food, and departing after three nights left us dreaming of our next visit. We were fortunate enough on this visit to snag a poolside cabana ... for those wondering, it was $299 for an entire day and it included a bottle of rose' and some lovely fresh fruit with mango sorbet along with extremely attentive service all day.
We absolutely adore this hotel and its staff - they truly take thoughtful service to the next level. It is a gorgeous property and we feel spoiled from the moment we check in until the moment we depart ... we are already counting the days until we can return again to the magic that is the Condado Vanderbilt.

Room tip: Biltmore Suites with ocean view are fabulous
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank oybolshoi
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Beautifully appointed lobby and guest rooms! Gorgeous views of the water — even from the front entrance — make this special. It was easy to daydream during the slower portions of my meeting, because the conference room had a sweeping wall of windows overlooking the surf. My room was absolutely breathtaking. With a full living room, dining table and work desk, surrounded by windows. The separate bedroom and large bathroom (soaking tub and walk in shower) would have been perfect for a much longer stay. The photos are the views from my balconies — there were two!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank michellemK4389RE
Reviewed February 10, 2019

Be sure you get Nicole when you check in to the Condado Vanderbilt. Smile on her face, helpful, warm, welcoming, kind, good-natured, patient and thorough; and she always remembered me when I walked through the lobby.

• Trip type: Traveled solo