2,351 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite pool staff the ritz carlton main pool
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the last two nights of a week long vacation in PR at the Vanderbilt including Christmas night. The hotel was very festive for the holidays. Overall a great experience. We will be back (actually returning next weekend!)

- Concierge pre-arrival was excellent. Thank you Sharon!

- Arrival/check-in was friendly and efficient. And a glass of champagne! We were escorted by our butler directly to our 2 bedroom suite

- The suite was a corner room with oceanfront balcony (tiny, but nice to have) and an ocean view balcony (larger with views of ocean, beach and the city). Great perks in suite including complimentary drinks and snacks. A mini frig and microwave. The master bedroom is ocean view and very small but works given you have a large living room (with sofa bed) and dining area in the suite. Master bath has a nice shower and separate tub. Water closet is also a 1/2 bath for the suite. Nicely designed. The second bedroom is a separately keyed room in the same private entryway and is furnished as a stand alone room with all the same amenities.

- housekeeping was excellent including special requests.

- two pools, one for adults. Very limited seating at the adult pool. And they allow guests to “save” chairs. So get down there early to have an attendant make up your chairs and leave something on them (magazine or sunscreen). Attendant service and bar/food service was very good at the adult pool. The angle of the sun in the winter months leaves limited full sun areas at both pools. (But plenty at the beach!) The other pool is the “fun” pool.....music, lively bar, etc. seating is very close together in rows. Some lounges are right against the glass safety wall overlooking the ocean. Nice view. Great bar and bar staff! We had lunch at an outside table at Ola right next to the bar. It was very loud but food and service was excellent. Plenty of seating inside in a lovely setting.

- the adjacent beach is public but the Vanderbilt has an area reserved for hotel guests with chair service. Fabulous team out there gets you set up quickly. There is an independent food/beverage service group with beach service at your lounges.

- great location - very short ride to/from airport and walking distance to shopping, etc. Quick Uber ride to great local restaurants if you are venturing out.

- the lounge off the lobby is a more formal atmosphere but very approachable and has excellent service. We dined at 1919 for Christmas and it was a treat but service was incredibly slow. Staff seemed overwhelmed by the completely sold out 8p seating. Menu/food was excellent.

-we had a couple lunches at Taco and Tequila. It’s is close to the adult pool with inside and outside seating and is “open air”. Service at the outside seating was terrible. We waited 15 minutes to just get the attention of a waitress. But the bartenders were great! So sit at the bar or the couple high top tables just outside the bar area. They will take care of you.

- We had a late flight out on our last day and the front desk team gave us an extra hour for check out, although we really needed more than that. But they accommodated us with private changing rooms with full amenities close to the adult pool.

- we recommend the Vanderbilt to our friends who just flew down for a long weekend and also enjoyed the hotel. This is great spot for even a short weekend trip from the East Coast. Beautiful weather, great service and a short ride from the airport. Just six hours door-to-door from Charlotte, NC.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank WillowOak09
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Worst service ever. Been coming here for 10yrs and I will never come again. No one to greet you any more. Or carry your luggage or open the damn door. Checked in at 3pm, they had no clean rooms. Waited til 6pm to pay $900 a night and they put me on the 10th floor. ‍♂️. Save your money and spend it elsewhere, I know I will.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cheo F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying at the Condado Vanderbilt was simply one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had and I have stayed at hotels all over the world. Although I will describe the facility later I want to say that what made our week stay so special were the employees. Everyone, the valets out front, the check in staff, housekeeping, pool staff, bar staff...everyone was exceptionally good at their job and friendly. And there was no shortage of staff either. But if I was to commend any one employee it would be the bar manager, Arturo Arce. I have never seen someone do a better job of making every guest feel like they were special. One evening while having drinks with friends I watched him wander the spacious lounge making contact with each guest and ensuring that their every need was being properly met. You could see by the facial expressions of each guest that they enjoyed his interest and his special personality. One night there was a wonderful trumpet player playing in the lounge I had mentioned that I had played trumpet as a child. After the set he brought the musician over to me to talk and visit. The man is simply "charming" personified with a wonderful and clever sense of humor. All our group remarked about him all week. As to the hotel itself , the Condado Vanderbilt facility is beautiful, with a large pool and infinity pool on the upper level that also had numerous lounges facing the sea. There is a large veranda with many seating areas and umbrellas on the lower area. Finally a 3rd section, also along the sea, at the other end with another restaurant, a small cove beach, small pool, hot tub more sunning areas and even a calming pool with lounge chairs sitting above the water. The ocean side length of the hotel is massive. Our King room was quite large with a wonderful bathroom. The bed and pillows were the best we have ever experienced. The location is ideal with an easy walk to many restaurants and casinos. The hotel has three restaurants. The fine dining 1818, the Tequila and Taco bar restaurant and the Ola casual restaurant. All were great. In addition there was a very nice cigar lounge which was used by some of our group when the weather got wet. The hotel is a short Uber ride to Old San Juan. Our flight from the west coast got us in a 3:30am. As I checked in, they said "5 nights" and I corrected the staff to say it was "6 nights." The response was, "Oh no sir. We are not going to charge you for tonight after such a long day and late check in." No that started our trip on the right foot. I am telling all my friends that this is the place to stay in Puerto Rico. In fact, my wife loved the place so much that we barely left the hotel except to go to restaurants. It was too nice to leave.

Room tip: If you are in the central building, you want the 4th floor for a sea view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank skidog
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best hotels we have stayed in on Puerto Rico. Bedroom was superb with a fab view, we took and one bedroom suite. Our maid service was the best we have experienced, all our bits and bobs were lined up in the bathroom!!! Staff were amongst the friendliest we have encountered. Food in restaurant was fab Beach is a bit naf but the pool seating areas around hotel make up for it!! All in all an enjoyable stay!

Room tip: One Bedroom suite have a fab view of the Ocean
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank TraceyA318
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Raphael , Francisco, and Gabriel tended bar at the VC lounge and each night created unique cocktails for us based on what we told them we were in the mood for. Although San Juan has an up and coming craft cocktail scene headlined by La Factoria in Old San Juan, we were more impressed by the skills and knowledge of the bar tending staff at the Condado Vanderbilt lounge. It was our first visit to Puerto Rico and when we return we will certainly go back for cocktails at the VC lounge.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple