2,351 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite pool staff the ritz carlton main pool
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Worst service ever. Been coming here for 10yrs and I will never come again. No one to greet you any more. Or carry your luggage or open the damn door. Checked in at 3pm, they had no clean rooms. Waited til 6pm to pay $900 a night and they put me on the 10th floor. ‍♂️. Save your money and spend it elsewhere, I know I will.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cheo F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying at the Condado Vanderbilt was simply one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had and I have stayed at hotels all over the world. Although I will describe the facility later I want to say that what made our week stay so special were the employees. Everyone, the valets out front, the check in staff, housekeeping, pool staff, bar staff...everyone was exceptionally good at their job and friendly. And there was no shortage of staff either. But if I was to commend any one employee it would be the bar manager, Arturo Arce. I have never seen someone do a better job of making every guest feel like they were special. One evening while having drinks with friends I watched him wander the spacious lounge making contact with each guest and ensuring that their every need was being properly met. You could see by the facial expressions of each guest that they enjoyed his interest and his special personality. One night there was a wonderful trumpet player playing in the lounge I had mentioned that I had played trumpet as a child. After the set he brought the musician over to me to talk and visit. The man is simply "charming" personified with a wonderful and clever sense of humor. All our group remarked about him all week. As to the hotel itself , the Condado Vanderbilt facility is beautiful, with a large pool and infinity pool on the upper level that also had numerous lounges facing the sea. There is a large veranda with many seating areas and umbrellas on the lower area. Finally a 3rd section, also along the sea, at the other end with another restaurant, a small cove beach, small pool, hot tub more sunning areas and even a calming pool with lounge chairs sitting above the water. The ocean side length of the hotel is massive. Our King room was quite large with a wonderful bathroom. The bed and pillows were the best we have ever experienced. The location is ideal with an easy walk to many restaurants and casinos. The hotel has three restaurants. The fine dining 1818, the Tequila and Taco bar restaurant and the Ola casual restaurant. All were great. In addition there was a very nice cigar lounge which was used by some of our group when the weather got wet. The hotel is a short Uber ride to Old San Juan. Our flight from the west coast got us in a 3:30am. As I checked in, they said "5 nights" and I corrected the staff to say it was "6 nights." The response was, "Oh no sir. We are not going to charge you for tonight after such a long day and late check in." No that started our trip on the right foot. I am telling all my friends that this is the place to stay in Puerto Rico. In fact, my wife loved the place so much that we barely left the hotel except to go to restaurants. It was too nice to leave.

Room tip: If you are in the central building, you want the 4th floor for a sea view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank skidog
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best hotels we have stayed in on Puerto Rico. Bedroom was superb with a fab view, we took and one bedroom suite. Our maid service was the best we have experienced, all our bits and bobs were lined up in the bathroom!!! Staff were amongst the friendliest we have encountered. Food in restaurant was fab Beach is a bit naf but the pool seating areas around hotel make up for it!! All in all an enjoyable stay!

Room tip: One Bedroom suite have a fab view of the Ocean
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank TraceyA318
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Raphael , Francisco, and Gabriel tended bar at the VC lounge and each night created unique cocktails for us based on what we told them we were in the mood for. Although San Juan has an up and coming craft cocktail scene headlined by La Factoria in Old San Juan, we were more impressed by the skills and knowledge of the bar tending staff at the Condado Vanderbilt lounge. It was our first visit to Puerto Rico and when we return we will certainly go back for cocktails at the VC lounge.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobertP2433
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Condado Vanderbilt is one of the better luxury hotels in Puerto Rico, and I am not familiar with any that are both better and specifically in the city limits of San Juan (the Ritz Carlton Dorado and the St. Regis, while spectacular, are outside San Juan).

The Condado Vanderbilt facility is beautiful, the pools numerous and spacious, the service ranged from good to exceptional, and the room (a "Biltmore 1BR Suite") was nicely appointed. And the location is ideal, an easy walk to restaurants and casinos, and a long (50 min) but scenic walk to Old San Juan.

Although we had some concern over the recent spate of murders in San Juan, we saw nothing to cause alarm. In fact, we walked around San Juan quite a bit and saw numerous joggers/runners at all hours.

[For AmEx FHR travelers, this hotel DID provide us with a room upgrade -- a "perk when available" that seems in our experience to be honored with less and less frequency, and I think that we may have been upgraded more than a single level of hotel rooms. Also, we arrived at the hotel in early afternoon, long before the hotel's late 4pm check-in time, but were able to access our hotel room immediately upon arrival.]

Nitpicking: Our shower floor tile needs replacing (it is uneven, it does not flow to the drain, and it is a little grungy), the drinks at the pools are a little pricey, the hotel does not really have its own beach (there is a popular public beach to the east of the hotel property), and I needed to scold our waiter at 1919 for ignoring us for long periods of time in favor of a large group of suit & tie business folks. But those issues did not really detract from the good time we had.

Next time to Puerto Rico, I will consider returning to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple