2,351 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite pool staff the ritz carlton main pool
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Condado Vanderbilt is one of the better luxury hotels in Puerto Rico, and I am not familiar with any that are both better and specifically in the city limits of San Juan (the Ritz Carlton Dorado and the St. Regis, while spectacular, are outside San Juan).

The Condado Vanderbilt facility is beautiful, the pools numerous and spacious, the service ranged from good to exceptional, and the room (a "Biltmore 1BR Suite") was nicely appointed. And the location is ideal, an easy walk to restaurants and casinos, and a long (50 min) but scenic walk to Old San Juan.

Although we had some concern over the recent spate of murders in San Juan, we saw nothing to cause alarm. In fact, we walked around San Juan quite a bit and saw numerous joggers/runners at all hours.

[For AmEx FHR travelers, this hotel DID provide us with a room upgrade -- a "perk when available" that seems in our experience to be honored with less and less frequency, and I think that we may have been upgraded more than a single level of hotel rooms. Also, we arrived at the hotel in early afternoon, long before the hotel's late 4pm check-in time, but were able to access our hotel room immediately upon arrival.]

Nitpicking: Our shower floor tile needs replacing (it is uneven, it does not flow to the drain, and it is a little grungy), the drinks at the pools are a little pricey, the hotel does not really have its own beach (there is a popular public beach to the east of the hotel property), and I needed to scold our waiter at 1919 for ignoring us for long periods of time in favor of a large group of suit & tie business folks. But those issues did not really detract from the good time we had.

Next time to Puerto Rico, I will consider returning to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelLover23456
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We decided to visit Puerto Rico for our anniversary..I wish we had picked another hotel.
We have been in room 611 for 3 nights now and I want to go home. This is one of the worst rooms we have ever stayed in. It smells like mildew all the time, the shower drips all night and the air conditioner turns itself off when no one is moving in the room. I woke up in a puddle of sweat for the 3rd night in a row. Your prob thinking...move rooms...they don't have another room...call someone to fix it....the fix for mildew is a spray I am allergic to. Open the window..that works until the chinese food restaurant below the window opens and the room stinks like fried rice.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is amazing. We have a great view from the balcony but if you cant sleep and are cranky all day what's the point?

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PreppyinPink
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Room was way overpriced and was the size of a Crackerjack box. I reserved a room with a queen bed. To mainland US residents, the "queen beds" are really a mainland US full-sized bed. Hotel lobby was beautiful. The staff was nice, champagne at check-in was nice, but the bags took so long to get to the room that we had to go searching for them. We booked a reservation 5 months ago at 1919 restaurant, but it was cancelled the day before the reservation. Overall, I would not consider this hotel a 5 star property.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasKate22
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the perfect VIP Hotel. The employees make you feel welcome and relax.The rooms are perfectly furnished and clean.Upon arrival, you will get a glass of Champagne!. The views of the Atlantic Ocean from the infinity pool are breathtaking.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank LDG2003
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I just returned from San Juan and the Condado Vanderbilt was amazing. The grounds were very tidy and well kept and the room was spectacular. What made the Vanderbilt worth the stay however was the staff. The customer service was the best I have ever had and that was from the moment we drove up to the hotel to the moment we left; from the valet to the doorman to the concierge to the receptionist to housekeeping. Everyone there made us feel like we were on vacation and we were truly their guests. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in San Juan.

I also have to give a shout out to Jorge, the doorman. He was always there with a smile on his face making sure my family and I were taken care of. My kids loved seeing him and he always made my kids feel welcome and put a smile on their faces; which can be seen in the photo. We look forward to seeing you again Jorge! Until next time!

This is a luxury hotel, but at no time did anyone make us feel that our children were not welcome.

• Trip type: Traveled with family