2,321 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel puerto rico infinity pool turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton pool staff
Reviewed June 11, 2018

The hotel is beautiful and the views are spectacular. Modern amenities and friendly staff. The restaurants are costly yet the food is not worth the hefty price. The common areas are stunning but I noticed that many of the lounge chairs needed cleaning. Our room was well appointed and comfortable but could have been cleaner. Especially the sink which had hair in it when we arrived. Our shower had severe water leak at the bottom of the shower door to the point that I almost fell because it made the marble floor slippery. We reported this to the front desk three times but we did not get any type of response from management that the problem was repaired. We just put towels on the floor to soak the water and to prevent a fall. The surrounding areas need attention but overall, the hotel is beautiful. I don't consider this property to be a five star, elevators had hand stains all over it and lobby carpeting was always full of some form of debris. Leaves, etc...

Room tip: Be sure to inquire about the valet parking which is $30.00 a day. No other parking option available on the property.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank colla149
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Art Deco hotel in an excellent location. Very pleasant and helpful staff, especially Robert, the concierge. Panoramic views across the span of the property. Drinks and food an expensive but other than that a flawless stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2018

Save your money this hotel doesn't worth it!!!!
Let me point out we got the biltmore ocean view room

I'll start with the one of the two good things about this hotel... It's the service which was pretty good, and the food is pretty nice though quite expensive. I'm vegan and they were very nice to accommodate my diet requests.

Now let's move on to the bad things which in my book are very important if you considered yourself to be the best hotel on the island. Cleanliness.... When we checked into the room it was quite dirty I had hair pins that were left there from previous guest all over the room, which means they hardly cleaned the floor the bathtub had hair on it. The carpets were dirty with stains on them which they tried to hide with furniture but when I called them to clean the carpets and they moved the furniture to do so I saw how dirty it really was. Of course this means it hadn't been cleaned in a while.
Now let's move on to sleeping comfort....it doesn't exist, me and my family have never been so uncomfortable when we arrived we didn't have much back problems after the first night my husband and I couldn't move from the back pain. The mattress provides zero back support. It would have been more comfortable sleeping on a bean bag chair.... My kids had trouble sleeping here. Very disappointing place, and not cheap at all. Definitely not worth the money we paid for it!!!!

Room tip: Go to a different hotel
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Ilana K
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This review is long overdue. My wife and I went to this hotel for celebration of our 40th and 45th birthday's. We arrived at the hotel past midnight the manager was there waiting for us. When he (sorry cant remember his name) checked us in and surprised us that we were upgraded to the presidential suite! My wife and I have never stayed in such a beautiful room.. from breakfast to the beach service everything was great!! There was even 2 well know actresses there with their families as well!! I highly recommend you stay at this hotel.
The chef tasting at restaurant 1919 was amazing!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank slade R
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I flew in on Wednesday. I had a beautiful room with two queen beds for my wife and I and two kids. I planned on moving on to St Thomas Friday but decided to stay after checking for vacancies at the front desk. I'd have to move into a room without a seaside view as they were booked for the weekend but no problem....until I moved. The new room had one bed. I spoke to the manager at the desk (with the slicked back hair like Tony Montana's friend in Scarface) and suddenly, I realized that I was African American again. Did someone say African Americans eat their young? Apparently, something happened to them because they didn't think twice about stuffing me into a single bed room after I spent three days in a two bed room. I had to ask him to call me if something with two beds opened up like he was doing me a favor. A theoretical I'm sorry would have to do because I was not getting a verbal or any suggestion of a sofa bed, cot, rollaway, teepee, sleeping bag or anything else. With my ears burning, I managed to bond with my family as we enjoyed the beautiful hotel. That incident caused the homme noir to pay attention to how the doormen and valets went running to cater to the others but not the brother. I must admit my credit card got fair and equal treatment as they charged me for everything. Did I say everything? I meant to say EVERYTHING. I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon where they charged for city tax, state tax, federal tax, thumb tacks, that's how it is there. I ordered a pumpkin steak meal for $25. I got a thin slice of pumpkin maybe 4"x5" with a few bean sprouts and a cream sauce that sat low in the bowl. I asked for some bread and discovered that they charged me $4 for it. Same with room service. $92 for oatmeal and fruit cups. They will nickel and dime you to bleed you for everything they can.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Samuel D
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Mr. Samuel D,

Thank you for your favorable rating of our property. I am glad that you liked the hotel. I am sorry that you felt discriminated against. We do not believe nor tolerate discrimination against anyone and I regret that you left with a wrong impression. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience as I would like to have a conversation with you and hopefully bring you back to our hotel.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,