2,269 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton pool staff main pool
Reviewed June 8, 2018

Save your money this hotel doesn't worth it!!!!
Let me point out we got the biltmore ocean view room

I'll start with the one of the two good things about this hotel... It's the service which was pretty good, and the food is pretty nice though quite expensive. I'm vegan and they were very nice to accommodate my diet requests.

Now let's move on to the bad things which in my book are very important if you considered yourself to be the best hotel on the island. Cleanliness.... When we checked into the room it was quite dirty I had hair pins that were left there from previous guest all over the room, which means they hardly cleaned the floor the bathtub had hair on it. The carpets were dirty with stains on them which they tried to hide with furniture but when I called them to clean the carpets and they moved the furniture to do so I saw how dirty it really was. Of course this means it hadn't been cleaned in a while.
Now let's move on to sleeping comfort....it doesn't exist, me and my family have never been so uncomfortable when we arrived we didn't have much back problems after the first night my husband and I couldn't move from the back pain. The mattress provides zero back support. It would have been more comfortable sleeping on a bean bag chair.... My kids had trouble sleeping here. Very disappointing place, and not cheap at all. Definitely not worth the money we paid for it!!!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank Ilana K
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This review is long overdue. My wife and I went to this hotel for celebration of our 40th and 45th birthday's. We arrived at the hotel past midnight the manager was there waiting for us. When he (sorry cant remember his name) checked us in and surprised us that we were upgraded to the presidential suite! My wife and I have never stayed in such a beautiful room.. from breakfast to the beach service everything was great!! There was even 2 well know actresses there with their families as well!! I highly recommend you stay at this hotel.
The chef tasting at restaurant 1919 was amazing!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slade R
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I flew in on Wednesday. I had a beautiful room with two queen beds for my wife and I and two kids. I planned on moving on to St Thomas Friday but decided to stay after checking for vacancies at the front desk. I'd have to move into a room without a seaside view as they were booked for the weekend but no problem....until I moved. The new room had one bed. I spoke to the manager at the desk (with the slicked back hair like Tony Montana's friend in Scarface) and suddenly, I realized that I was African American again. Did someone say African Americans eat their young? Apparently, something happened to them because they didn't think twice about stuffing me into a single bed room after I spent three days in a two bed room. I had to ask him to call me if something with two beds opened up like he was doing me a favor. A theoretical I'm sorry would have to do because I was not getting a verbal or any suggestion of a sofa bed, cot, rollaway, teepee, sleeping bag or anything else. With my ears burning, I managed to bond with my family as we enjoyed the beautiful hotel. That incident caused the homme noir to pay attention to how the doormen and valets went running to cater to the others but not the brother. I must admit my credit card got fair and equal treatment as they charged me for everything. Did I say everything? I meant to say EVERYTHING. I remember a Bugs Bunny cartoon where they charged for city tax, state tax, federal tax, thumb tacks, that's how it is there. I ordered a pumpkin steak meal for $25. I got a thin slice of pumpkin maybe 4"x5" with a few bean sprouts and a cream sauce that sat low in the bowl. I asked for some bread and discovered that they charged me $4 for it. Same with room service. $92 for oatmeal and fruit cups. They will nickel and dime you to bleed you for everything they can.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Samuel D
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Mr. Samuel D,

Thank you for your favorable rating of our property. I am glad that you liked the hotel. I am sorry that you felt discriminated against. We do not believe nor tolerate discrimination against anyone and I regret that you left with a wrong impression. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience as I would like to have a conversation with you and hopefully bring you back to our hotel.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Efrain Rosa
Hotel Manager
erosa@condadovanderbilt.com

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We travel a lot and have stayed in many places — in the US, Europe, and the Carribean — but would be hard-pressed to think of any hotel (or any 4 days) that have been more perfect as a vacation than the last 4 days we spent at the Condado Vanderbilt. A gorgeous site, an historic hotel in perfect harmony with its 1919 heritage, and a level of service that is beyond the best you can expect - the level of detail in care the staff exhibits, consistently throughout the day. Enrique, Nahomi (sp?), and Juan Carlos (so many more whose names we don’t have) at poolside to Carolina at the spa, and housekeeping and front desk service - all friendly and just superb. They seem to love their job, are Always willing to take time to stop and talk no matter
How busy hey are — and take such pride in their work - their enthusiasm is contagious. Such a pleasure to be around. We’ve stayed in other locations in Puerto Rico - but this will now be our PR 2nd Home. We’ll be back next year!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
21  Thank Landon H
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. Good location and great views of the ocean. Service was good and room was small, but nicely detailed. My only gripe is the cost! I understand that hotels are limited due to damage from last year's hurricane, but $17 for a drink and no less that $220/night for a small room? Good thing my company is picking up the tab because otherwise I would have had a heart attack. If you have a bottomless wallet then go for it. Not to mention no self parking so they get you for that too.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank Hernan1971
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Mr. Hernan P,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the location, ocean view, service and room decor. Thank you as well for your comments on pricing. Every guest comment is important to us. I hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Best regards,