2,267 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton pool staff main pool
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. Good location and great views of the ocean. Service was good and room was small, but nicely detailed. My only gripe is the cost! I understand that hotels are limited due to damage from last year's hurricane, but $17 for a drink and no less that $220/night for a small room? Good thing my company is picking up the tab because otherwise I would have had a heart attack. If you have a bottomless wallet then go for it. Not to mention no self parking so they get you for that too.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank Hernan1971
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Mr. Hernan P,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the location, ocean view, service and room decor. Thank you as well for your comments on pricing. Every guest comment is important to us. I hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Lovely old style glamor and very helpful staff are the hallmark of this rejuvenated gem of a hotel.

I have stayed at the Vanderbilt twice. Once in an ocreanfront tower suite and once in an oceanfront king in the original hotel building.

While the old building has been updated and the rooms have lovely furnishings - they have one small window. The Towers were built with the view in mind and have large windows, sliders and balconies to really enjoy the oceanfront location.

The public spaces are upscale and the pools are very nice (although a little small). Be aware that the oceanfront deck can be very windy and plan accordingly!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank GSVMaryland
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Nicolewindsor,

Thank you for your positive review and for returning for a second stay. Glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and amenities. Hope to have you again with us soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the good: clean and spacious rooms, nice and resilient staff considering what the island has been through. Now the less good: beach small, pool area as well, gets very crowded. Now the bad: the prices are outraging for the value. If I can understand a 300 dollars night (taxes included) for a room with that alleged level of service, then all has to be aligned in terms of quality. Which is not. Food is bad, and ridiculously (RIDICULOUSLY) expensive. I felt ripped off every single time I had to ask for anything in that hotel. Room service for a fruit salad and a bad hot chocolate? 40 dollars! I didn’t pay that much at the Ritz or at others 5 stars hotel with even higher room rates. An oily chicken salad at their Tacos restaurant? 40 dollars. I mean, no. Just, no. And the Spa!!! Oh my god! Hundred dollars for a massage! A protein bar at the hotel shop? 8 dollars! I won’t come back, I am sorry guys but this is a major scam. I was there for 24h and didn’t have the time to explore other options outside the hotel. So unless you are ready to stay there, and make sure to have nothing to purchase in this place, not even a coffee, fine. But otherwise be ready to pay a fortune for a few days. In a nutshell: room prices of the RITZ, higher prices for everything else and lower quality. Not acceptable.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank Val M
Efrain R, Manager at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear Val M,

I am sorry that our hotel pricing in both room rates and F&B was not to your liking. Our pricing in room rates fluctuates depending on room occupancy. On days that room requests in the island is in low demand, hotel rates are more competitive depending on how many rooms they have to sell and whether the hotel will be able to sell every room in their inventory. That is why sometimes a higher category hotel has a lower rate than usual or vice versa, you will find a lower category hotel at a higher price than expected. Thankfully our hotel occupancy is usually very high thanks to our return guests who always come back and stay with us again and again.

Please feel free to contact me if you have the time to discuss your experience and provide more detailed information. I always welcome our guest comments as most of the changes we make in the hotel are due to our guests suggestions and constructive comments.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights and whilst there is no shortage of opulence, the service is at snail pace. At breakfast time, you struggle to get service and when you do get attention, it felt like I was imposing just asking for a coffee. You can stay at many other places at half the cost and triple the customer service factor.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank SonniG6

Mr. Sonni G,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that you experienced slow service in our hotel. Our staff is always working on improving in every area. I will share your comments with our food and beverage employees. I am sure they will make the necessary changes to improve.
I hope you have an opportunity to visit us again. Please feel free to contact me upon your return as I would like to assist you with your room accommodations.

Erosa@condadovanderbilt.com

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Simply amazing. Easily one of the best hotel stays I ever stayed in. Excellent service from the moment the doorman welcomes you and and same in every service area in this special hotel. Great room with lovely ocean view. King suite on the 8th on the East Tower was very clean, spacious, comfortable and modern. Great sleep quality. Free minibar restocked daily. Friendly, attentive and welcoming staff only want to make your stay memorable in this idyllic Atlantic beach location. Food at the hotel’s Ola Bistro was great. Good number of other hotels and restaurants in the neighborhood offer alternative dining experience. The Vanderbilt is good value for money, overall. All of these add up to confirm The Condado Vanderbilt’s ranking as the best hotel in San Juan. Truly a 5 -Star experience.and I will surely return.

Room Tip: Pick high floor ocean view rooms. Great view
Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family