2,247 results
All reviews tacos butler service west tower biltmore suite greeted with champagne tequila restaurant replenished daily beautiful hotel infinity pool puerto rico turn down service ocean view old san juan five star hotel one bedroom suite the ritz carlton pool staff
Reviewed August 26, 2017

For our anniversary, we visited PR and stayed at the Vanderbilt. From the moment of arrival, we were pampered in luxury and exemplary service. We booked a Biltmore Ocean View Suite, which comes with butler service.

Our plane was 8 hours late and we did not get to the hotel until 9:30 p.m., but we were still arrived to full service. To our surprise, we walked into our room to find a plate of chocolate strawberries and a handwritten note on the table, rose petals covering the bed, soft jazz playing, mood lighting, a freshly-drawn bubble bath for two, and champagne chilling next to the bath. This was a perfect welcome after our horrendous flight to PR.

The room is spacious and well laid out. You enter to the kitchenette (stocked with free candy, chips, sodas, and water, and reasonably priced bottles of alcohol). The fridge was a good size for a hotel room. The couch in the living are was comfy. Off the living area is the balcony that was large enough for two to four people to enjoy with a view directly onto the ocean and a public park (park gets loud during the evening and was a public movie one night that was very loud through 10pm). There was plenty of drawer and closet space, a comfy bed, and in-room safe. TVs in living area and bedroom each had Miracast (and the Apple version) so we could stream our phones to play music/videos. The bathroom is opulent, with dual vanities, a spacious powerful shower, large tub, and water closet.

The Butler Team was fantastic. A team member (Delfin) greeted us minutes upon arrival and explained the endless extent of services they provide. We exchanged cell numbers so we could text the Team with any request. Each day the Team texted us to check in on us. Every request we made was responded to instantly and was fulfilled (including recommendations, reservations, expert tips, bandages, toothpaste, et al).

We could not go 50 feet without finding a hotel staff member, whether in the hallways, foyer, pool area, or restaurants.. They were all friendly and helpful. We never at a loss for service. Management for every department spoke with us on every visit to their department, ensuring our full satisfaction.

We took full advantage of the food and drinks, enjoying the Main Lounge, Tacos & Tequila, Ola Lounge, and 1919 Restaurant. Food and service at each place exceeded expectations. Food at breakfast buffet at Ola was always fresh and hot; Main Lounge has great entertainment 4 nights a week; T&T featured fantastic cocktails; and 1919 is a 5-star dining experience.

The beach is nice, but not as wonderful as we prefer. We have been spoiled by other Caribbean islands. The sand is brown, but soft; the water is blue, but very rough. Red flag day, every day. The beach service was good, setting up chairs/umbrellas for us. There were several vendors, with only one being pushy. It's a semi-private beach as it there were not many people from the public using it, but it was used by several hotels.

Location of the hotel is ideal. The area is very walkable and safe. The sidewalks were filled with walkers and joggers. There were numerous eateries within a 10 minute walk. We were a 15 minute ride from the airport, a 7 minute ride from Old San Juan, and 45 minute ride from the rain forest. Uber to Old San Juan was $5 for two people.

We could find only one flaw in the entire hotel - cigarette/cigar smokers. The only place on the premises to smoke was outside the T&T and Main Lounge. Our dinner at T&T was ruined by smoke constantly blowing in to the open doors, and we could not enjoy drinks on the veranda outside the main lounge due to the smokers.

Aside from the smoke, this was an amazingly perfect 4 days in San Juan. For such a huge property, we always felt like this was a small, family-run boutique hotel. The entire hotel was immaculately clean throughout and we felt very safe inside/outside. We will definitely return to the Vanderbilt and definitely reserve the same suite.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael O
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

The CV is a nice hotel.

Pros: Close to airport. Staff is very accommodating. Not far from the forts.

Cons: Awful food. I can't say it enough. With the exception of the breakfast (not vegan friendly) every meal was awful to me. We had better luck at Kabanas down the road.

Because CV is in a tourist area the prices were ridiculous!!!!!!! 11.5% tax on everything totally blew my mind! I'm from Chicago where high taxes are the norm and still this was unbelievable for me!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Imtherunr
Reviewed August 26, 2017

The pictures don't really do this hotel justice. Walk in to the shiny luxurious lounge, accept your complementary bubbly and bask in the view and smell of the ocean.. Pick your pool - infinity, active or quiet.. I booked through Travelocity and just chose a standard room I got an ocean front (yay!) corner room, with two opening windows in the room and another window with an ocean view in the beautiful modern bathroom - which has a separate tub and spa shower. Yes, of course there give you bath salts. Tons of storage. Complimentary coffee (mmm, with a French press - nice), sodas and water are replenished daily by the most amazing housekeeping staff I have ever encountered - only saw the results - never saw them! (For example, I took the plastic cover off my razor in the shower and placed it on the ledge. Upon my return, it found its way back to my razor, my shampoo replenished itself, and the dim lightbulb over the sink that I felt was not a big enough deal to call maintenance about, was being replaced as I returned from my rainforest tour- I love these people!)
They have complementary well maintained bicycles on site - old san juan is an easy 20 minute ride. There is a grocery/liqueur store right across the street, and a 24 hour CVS about a 10 minute walk - if you don't want to pack those liquids. Hmmm, if I had to think of one thing I'd change, it is hard, but they don't carry V8 or tomato juice at the store or restaurant.
And finally - at checkout. I was anxious as I had spoken to someone staying at a different hotel who got a nasty surprise of an unexpected $250 resort fee on her 5 day stay at that hotel. Not here. My Travelocity brochure noted that all resort fees were covered and they were. Only my authorized charges were on the bill. Condado Vanderbilt - I miss you already!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

The staff was absolutely wonderful and accommodating!! The room was gorgeous, well stocked and the views from both balconies was phenomenal!!! The sent up champagne and various deserts throughout our stay! The infinity pool was gorgeous, as was the whole hotel!! I cannot say enough great things about the Condado Vanderbilt!!! Totally exceeded our expectations!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2017

My family and I stayed at the Condado in July of 2016 and had the most relaxing vacation I have ever had! the Condado is just gorgeous! it is modern and clean and the staff go out of there way to help you. I was traveling with my 10 year old son and they have a kids pool and 2 adults pool. One adult pool over looking the ocean is just breathtaking but still next to the kids pool so you can keep and eye out.
The rooms are clean and nice and we never had any issues with anything! (leave a tip every morning ;))
The Food - OK this is why I didn't give it 5 stars. I was not impressed with the food but everyone has their own standards as to what is good food so please don't let that be the reason you don't go there. I just felt the food was blah and it came out way to quick to tells me it was sitting there and warmed up. I preferred to go into town and get the local food which was AMAZING!
The best part about the Condado is that it was NOT over crowed it was just so relaxing. there was some days where me and family where the only ones in the pool for hours! but why i really love them is on the day we were checking out we got an alert that our flight home was cancelled. The Condado gave us our room back at the same rate as our package deal and not the normal nightly rate. I so appreciated how accommodating they were and not adding stress to an already stressful situation. We went back to our room and got our swimsuits on and got back to relaxation!

I would stay there again and again!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family