“It doesn't get any better than this.”
Review of Posada Colonial

Posada Colonial
Boulder, Colorado
“It doesn't get any better than this.”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Obviously it's all been said already because Christian and Sean run a wonderful business but I have to reiterate how amazing our experience was. My boyfriend and I went here on a vacation but we didn't look into booking hotels until very last minute. We contacted them about a week before we were trying to go down there. Christian got back to me almost immediately. The apartment we had wanted had been booked so she offered us the larger one at a discounted price. When we arrived they picked us up at the airport and it was so comforting to have a local show us around. The next day we walked to the beach and I realize that it isn't the same sort of experience you would get at some of the resorts but for us it was really fun to see the more "real" side of Puerto Rico. Most of our time there we didn't have a car and we were able to walk to just about everything we needed. We did decide to rent a car to go to the East side of the island and Christian's mom was kind enough to drive us to the rental car place. These apartments were also great because they have a fridge so we were able to save some money on food. I would recommend this place to everybody!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
The Valley, Anguilla
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My preveious visits to Puerto Rico I would always stay albeit at an inexpensive hotels, but this situation was a litte different and needed to be near a medical facility for children. Posada Colonial was recommended so I went with an open mind. I left thinking WOW! is it for real? truly the owners and the whole experience is remarkable in restoring faith in genuine kindness and excellent value fo rmoney. This was simply the best experience of my visits to Puerto Rico! Highly recommended!
Ronnie, Marlon, Dianne

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank axacyclist
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great location. Away from all the tourists (hotels/resorts/etc) but close enough to the San Juan attractions. Christiane and her mom are very friendly ...they're the ones that I communicated with from the day I booked our trip to the day we left. Very nice people! We got a 1 bedroom guesthouse, and it was so cute!! Nice kitchen and most important (to me); a clean bathroom and bedroom. Nicely decorated! We had our only little patio area as well. Gotta see it for yourself! Loved it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JQuest81
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband does not enjoy "beach" vacations so in order to get him to take a long weekend on a tropical island - I had to find one with some sites worth seeing (Old San Jaun is beautiful and the Rain Forest is amazing), In order to make it even more appealing, I decided to look for something different than the beachfront hotel that one thinks of when booking an island vacation.. The Posada fit the bill...and the pictures made it look so beautiful. I even waited an extra month to get my beach fix (We originally planned to go in March but it wasn't available until Apri). We were not disappointed.

A short walk to the beach (5 minutes or so) and any number of excellent resturants, the location is quite good. The small apartment was absolutely perfect for us and the craftmanship around the windows in the kitchen is extraordinary. The patio area right outside our door was a beautiful place to end our evenings with a glass of wine and a bit of cheese.

And the family? So very hospitable and accomodating! An extremely friendly pick up and drop off at the airport, as well as the feeling that if we needed them at any time, they would be with us.

You won't be disappointed.

PS: Use the Charlie Car Rental...saved hundreds and they were very friendly with clean newer cars and good locations to pick up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buffaloswife
Bolinas, California
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The nicest people run this place. They pick you up and drop you off at the airport, and the actual apartments are lovely, with excellent ceramic work and totally cooking-friendly kitchens. Plus, you can walk to an excellent beach, Bebos, and, the buses to Isla Verde and Old San Juan. Great place, we miss it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grafvonanderson
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We cannot stop raving about the wonderful experience we had staying at this guesthouse. It's in the heart of the touristy area of San Juan. Only five minutes to Ocean Park beach. Everything was clean, convenient and extremely affordable. The owners graciously picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. They gave us great recommendations for things to do and they have beautified the apartments with elegant tile work. We can't wait to come back to La Posada Colonial, our new home away from home in Puerto Rico!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GlobalCitizen810
Fresh Meadows, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I just want to say that I just book the posada colonial, and christina has been amazing so far!! I always have many questions before I travel ( i get overly exited when i go on vacation) and she always emails me back and answers my question the best she can and honestly! thank you christina

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
#32 of 48 in San Juan
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Posada Colonial? Share your experiences!