“Great food”
Review of Cocina Abierta

Cocina Abierta
Reserve with OpenTable
Cocina Abierta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010. We are an interactive culinary environment. At our restaurant we create and interpret the culinary ideas inspired from different cultures, products, and techniques. Our always evolving menu is a result of the interaction and interchange of different experiences. An open kitchen, eclectic and without limitations. Because cooking is our passion. Historically cooking evolved through the interaction and exchange of cultures. Through this premise and advances in technology our project, Cocina Abierta, was born, designed for the sharing and development for our passion.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was a memorable dining experience on my birthday, highlighted by the flexibility given to create your tasting menu. After ordering a soup, an appetizer and 3 plates from the menu I hardly had room for dessert. I enjoyed my bottle of champagne had a great chat with my friend and after a while I made room for my sweet tooth. I must say I do not regret ordering dessert as this was almost as good as the food. Good service and commitment by Chef Martin Louzao to create interesting and complex dishes. This is a place where couples or adults could have a great meal and enjoy various cocktails.

Claudia S, Guest Relations Manager at Cocina Abierta, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

We’re so happy that you enjoyed your meal and dessert! Thank you for choosing our restaurant for your birthday! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Overall nice restaurant. Restaurant was full so we sat outside so can't comment on the ambience aspect of the restaurant. Food was very delicious. Babybackrib with Korean bbq sauce and green onion... YUMMY. Delicious dishes worth visiting for.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We’re so happy that you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited Cocina for the first time and was very impressed with the unique menu of small, large and vegetarian choices most of which paired with wine. I travel frequently to PR for business and will make this a regular dining event. I have tried many restaurants in San Juan and this is my new favorite. My server Diana was excellent, very pleasant and knowledgable about the food and wine.

We really appreciate hearing about your experience. We’re so happy to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service. We will be sure to share your feedback with Diana. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went yesterday for the first time, the whole place was reserved so we sat at the bar( we didn't mind, the bartenders were very customer service oriented and answered all our questions about the menu and drinks)the only thing I didn't like was that I had to drink and eat with my purse on my legs (not enough chairs or stools). The food was expensive but not over priced, we had the pumpkin soup (full of flavor and spices). The sangria was very different tasted like champagne with berries and was a really refreshing change from the usual sangrias.The salmon was well cooked, unfortunately my skirt steak came out full of blood and I had to complain so while they cook it again I ate my gnocchi (really good) without the meat and when they brought back the meat was burned and I couldn't appreciate the flavor, I didn't wanted to complain again so we just finished eating and left. For us sadly this was one of those places were you can just say been there done that and we don't need to go back. My recommendation if you are thinking on visiting the restaurant make a reservation :).

Claudia S, Guest Relations Manager at Cocina Abierta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback online. We apologize for the inconveniences.... surely not our intent. The gnocchi are one of our favorites too! We recommend trying our desserts next time! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

After searching for top restaurants in San Juan, I came across Cocina Abierta, where you could just tell by the front picture and their menu that we were in for a treat. The restaurant itself is gorgeous, very well designed and provides the perfect environment to go with either a date, your friends or family. The food and drinks were great, especially the gnocchi and the duck confit mofongo. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. A big shout out to our server Nicole!

Claudia S, Guest Relations Manager at Cocina Abierta, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback online! We’re so happy to hear that you loved the food, especially our gnocchi and duck confit mofongo. We will be sure to share your feedback with Nicole! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Puerto Rico!