“"A GREAT STAY"”

Mont Caribe Guesthouse
Ranked #15 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2010

It was recommended by a friend that I stay at the Mont Caribe Guesthouse when in San Juan, which I am so grateful that I did. The room was comfortable, and the staff very helpful and friendly. Fernando, Elena, Raul and Rosa all went out of their way, to make my stay very enjoyable. Fernando, the owner, is very pleasant and always willing to help in any way he can. I would HIGHLY Recommended anybody visiting San Juan to make the Mont Caribe a definite stay! I am planning to return soon. I certainly will let my friends and family know for their travels as well. All the best, Fernando! See you soon! tj

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank tjbrazil

Reviewed March 10, 2010

My boyfriend and I spend five nights at the guesthouse and we love it. The owner Fernando is really accommodating. We had an overnight flight and arrived at seven in the morning. We were given a room right away since we were very tired and needed to sleep. Later on the day we met Fernando and he showed us a couple of the other rooms. He had no problem when we decided to switch rooms. A regular hotel would never allowed this and would have charge extra for the early arrival. Elena and Fernando's dad are really nice and good with calling for rental cars or telling you where to go. Overall a great experience and much better than paying for an overprice San Juan hotel that doesn't even have half of the amenities that the guesthouse does! Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianaTrujillo
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Owner (Fernando) was (Fernando) very helpful with directions and arranging transportation back to airport. We stayed one night before and one night after our cruise.
The location is convenient (about 1/3 of the way from the airport to the cruise line.
Aptments we had were very spacy and had Wifi access--even though I had t sit in the door. Recommend highly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJH_1Cruiser
Reviewed February 2, 2010

You can't beat the location and convience of the guesthouse. The staff is wonderful to make sure that you arrived safely and answer any questions. I would highly recommend this guest house as a pleasant way to enjoy San Juan!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank historictee
Reviewed December 5, 2009

A friend from San Juan knew that I was coming into town and so he suggested I stay at the Mont Caribe Guesthouse.  I am so thankful he did.  I am a frugal traveler.  I like to have a clean hotel, close to the attractions at a reasonable price.  The Mont Caribe is the perfect place for travelers like me.  The rooms are more than adequate.  My room had a refrigerator, stove and a comfortable bed.  It was also clean--something that you don't always find even in some of the more expensive hotels.  The staff was very friendly, making sure that I had everything I needed during my stay.  There is plenty of free parking around the guesthouse (most of San Juan is not known for its free parking.) The Mont Caribe guesthouse is also only a couple of blocks from what I consider to be the best beach in San Juan.  It is where young locals go to be seen and have fun.  The guesthouse is a 20 minute walk from El Condado, the more popular beach destination for international travelers, where you can find plenty of restaurants and things to do in the evening.  A short drive in the car will get you to Old San Juan, a very beautiful, european-style section of the city.  The Mont Caribe Guesthouse is the perfect place for travelers that are not looking for frills, but instead, reasonable amenities, clean rooms, a quiet and friendly atmosphere and a great location, all at a very reasonable prices.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AtlTraveler1970
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Fernando gave us a great price, & Elena was a fantastic host! We felt very safe & we were made very comfortable. If you need anything Elena can help you as she speaks perfect English. I recommend all Australians to stay here as it is close to the beach & shops & you can easy jump on a bus to travel. Watch the taxi's as they will rip you off big time! We went on a cruise & it was a great place to stay prior to leaving. We have done lots of travelling & we would give it an 8/10.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rajenaustralia
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My dear mother passed away suddently and we had her flown from Oregon to Toa Alta so she could be laid to rest with my father. It was a very painful trip and one which we had to plan quickly. As Travel Agents, my husband Todd found these guest houses through one of our consolidators. We were so grateful to have 2 bedrooms cause my niece joined us the next day. The staff was excellent and helped us so much with all the things we had to do for the funeral and burial. We were able to stay for over a week and relax and appreciate the facilities because we needed access to the internet and had it. The locale was excellent, near the highway to anywhere in the island and the cost... well, no where in San Juan can you get an apartment with all the amenities for that rate. Thank you so much for helping me through this much painful time. We'll be back!!! that's a promise. Gracias muchisimo ... Esmeralda y Todd

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family