“Dia National De la Salsa”

and 1 more site!
Mont Caribe Guesthouse
Ranked #14 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had a wonderful trip and My stay at Mont Caribe was so convinient.. Much better then any hotel and it was great access in and out of San Juan & Condado also the shoping center was a plus. I will recomen this location to any humble travelor..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Myra A

Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife and I traveled from Germany and rented a studio apartment for 10 days, 9 nights at MontCaribe and had a excellent vacation. Good price for the time frame for about 54.00 dollars per day, with private parking include. Prior to this 10 days in Mont Caribe we spend 5 days in San Juan Beach Hotel , a so call 4 star Hotel,...but after the trip I can easily tranfers those star to Mont Caribe Guesthouse. I have to mention the nearby facilities surrounding the area...... just a walking distance from the laundry, Walgreens 24 hours, McDonald, KFC, within 3 minutes walk,,...I almost forgot to mention the beach also,... I'm highly appreciate Mr. Fernando and his staff for the wonderful vacation.

SID

Room Tip: Just follow my advice : )
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SID1956
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to Puerto Rico for spring break and stayed at Mont Caribe for a whole week. Mont Caribe was exactly what we wanted and expected--and it was a great deal for the price we paid! The room was so clean when we first arrived and there was A/C and a fan that worked well to keep the room cool when we were in it. The shower temperatures were perfect--they ranged from nice, refreshingly cool (which was nice after being on the beach in the sun all day) to really hot (which was nice at night time) and everywhere in between as well. My biggest fear going into this PR trip was that there'd be cockroaches at the place we stayed (because the last time I was in PR I stayed at a place that had a few roaches in it) but there were no cockroaches or any other insect in Mont Caribe! One has to remember that it's a guesthouse too--so don't expect to have your towels changed every day or bed made every day--our towels were changed half-way through the week, but that wasn't a problem for us. We also really liked the location--we weren't right in the center of the touristy area--but we didn't want to be, so that was perfect for us. We felt like we were part of the locals! And the beach is really close too. Finally, Fernando is a really nice, laid-back guy and every time we saw him he made sure we were enjoying our stay. I would definitely come back again to Mont Caribe the next time I'm in San Juan, Puerto Rico! It was just the perfect place for a wonderful and relaxing week with my boyfriend :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8--it was near the back so we virtually heard no noises coming from the street at...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zanniepop
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My friend and I rented a studio apartment for 4 days, 3 nights at MontCaribe and had a wonderful experience. Everyone was super responsive and helpful and for how cheap it was the accommodations were wonderful -- and clean! It's super close to the beach and a delicious burrito place and you can easily take a $15 taxi into Old San Juan. It's definitely not the trendiest area, but for the price it was totally worth being out of the hot spots. Only thing i would say is to purchase a pot or pan / some paper dishes etc. if you want to cook in the kitchenette as we were only supplied with some silverware. Great experience overall and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Mont Caribe was okay. Fernando is a good guy. Expect to pay $60 for your room but that's negotiable if you speak a little Spanish or plan to stay for a week or more.

My room was noumber one (shown in the pictures) and was quite noisy since it's right on the front of the street and next to the office where all the yelling goes on whether from the neighbors, people looking for a room or Fernando doing business.

Otherwise, met a lot of good people and it's conveniently located around restaurants, Walgreens, nightlife and such.

P.S. Expect to be your own maid service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back and ask to see it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SarahLeechBlack
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Mont Caribe is located in a safe and beautiful area. Walking distance from the beach, restaurants and shopping center .Low budget place, Rooms are clean and comfortable. Excellent service and nice ambience. Fernando, the manager was courteous, polite,lots of knowledge and professional.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hello fellow travelers,
there are no words to describe Fernandos, owner /managers, friendly and considerate personality. he puts his guests 1st and makes sure you are comfortable.
Fernando put me in contact with a personal friend of his for a great deal on a rental car, which i used daily to travel the island on his recommendation, which included the beautiful Luquillo Beach, The Rain Forest, Ponce and countless other attractions.
This Guest house is located in such a great location, you can catch a bus to old san juan for only 50 cents! take a wonderful 10 min walk to Condado along Mcleary avenue, where you will experience great dining and casinos, cafes, wonderful parks and beautiful beaches! just great! I was only 3 blocks away from an amazing beach in Ocean park, which has the finest beach, this side of the island with great beachfront dining, a great bakery called Kasalta, Walgreens 2 blocks away! whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or a great shrimp taco, all is just around the corner!
Enjoy your stay at mont Caribe.

John Orengo/frequent traveler to Puerto Rico

Room Tip: i was fortunate enough to rent the apartment on the first floor facing the quiet street! LOVED IT!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo