Mont Caribe Guesthouse
$229
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsocean parkwalking distancefew blocksfernandostoveacbalconycondadopuerto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I just came back to Houston from Puerto Rico, where a colleague,my husband and I took a group of 28 teenage students for 21 days. Our YES Prep-SE trip was very successful and we had tons of fun. It was all possible because we were staying at MontCaribe, where Manny and Raul treated us as family, and we felt every night that we were coming home.
They helped us in every way you could possibly think hooking us up with good deals, with the van rental place,taxis, the bank, restaurants, etc. We would not have enjoyed it so much without their help. Plus, MontCaribe is located within short walking distance of a gorgeous beach, all kinds of places to eat, shops, a laundromat, a park, banks, and markets.
I can't wait to go back, and neither can the kids. It was an awesome experience!

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 8, 2007

I stayed at the Mont Caribe for a week around New Year's '07. The place was decent, Manny was fantastic though. Very helpful, arranged a place for me to stay in Vieques on short notice. The Ocean Park beach is close and is adequate. If you're on a budget this place is great. Didn't have any complaints , but don't expect anything fancy.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We stayed here for 5 days and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and tidy and we had a balcony for sipping a few quiet ones, and the bananas for breakfast were great. Manny was great host and provided information about the area, as the location was excellent as near the beach, the bus stop was on the next street, and there are restaurants close by.

We were made to feel like family and for the price is excellent value for money

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 8, 2007

A decent place to stay. It is a converted apartment complex. Has some issues with ants and water pressure, but my guess is that this is on par with most residential housing in san juan. While the nearest beach is somewhat within walking distance (maybe 20 minutes), we still decided to keep our rental car.

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed March 28, 2007

Mont Caribe Guesthouse is a wonderful option for anyone on a limited budget. The location is absolutely fantastic and the price is more than reasonable. You are only a few minutes' walk away from Ocean Park Beach, and you are just close to everything...Isla Verde, Condado, Old San Juan, etc. The accommodations were spacious, clean and the staff was really friendly. I even had a special encounter while staying at Mont Caribe: a little stray puppy kept following me around the guest house and around the neighborhood! I ended up adopting him and taking him home with me! He has adjusted well to his new home, and to his new name "Monte" (named after the guest house).

Stayed: March 2007