“A delightful small hotel right in the heart of San Juan”
Review of Cervantes

Cervantes
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Toronto
“A delightful small hotel right in the heart of San Juan”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was a charming place with re modeled rooms and bathrooms. Rooms were a bit small but the atmosphere and fact that it was so central made up for that. The price per night was good and I would stay there again should I be in San Juan. Breakfast was not included, but there was a lovely dining area where you could eat. The staff were most helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the hotel facing a side street where you will get a better nights rest. Th...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank entucasa
CervantesGM, General Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are happy to hear from you! we hope yo see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a small intimate hotel in the heart of Old San Juan, and is a perfect place to stay for a few days to explore the town on foot. I found the staff to be friendly, courteous, and responsive to all our needs, particularly Angel Reyes, the manager, who was especially helpful during our stay. Even though we arrived during one of Old San Juan's street festivals, and this hotel, like many in Old San Juan, sits right on the street, we did not find the noise level unacceptable. Still, if you are a light sleeper you might want to consider earplugs. The only complaint I have is that this hotel, like all hotels in Old San Juan, is somewhat overpriced. I suppose everyone charges what the market will bear, and the location commands a higher price. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne D
We are glad to hear back from you and it makes us happy to know that you had a good stay with us, we hope to see you back again.
Whitsett, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Angel, the hotel manager, was just amazing. He was generous, accommodating, friendly and really made our stay welcoming. The room was immaculate, I loved the style of the bathroom, along with the toiletries provided. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, and everything was a breeze checking in and out. I really can't say enough about the Cervantes. It's proximity to the port makes it convenient, and the price makes it well worth the effort to find it. (It's smaller, not very visible, etc.)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KillianMick
CervantesGM, General Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Would like to thank you for your wonderful review. The staff and I would love to have you again, it was an honer to serve you.
Oakland
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My Mom and I stayed at the Cervantes and I must say we were EXTREMELY happy with the hotel and it's entire staff. We scheduled our travel plans last minute for a funeral and Angel the GM was very gracious ensuring are needs were met. We want to thank Maria, Michelle, Angel and Angel for all their help. The location is great/safe/lively and the rooms are extremely modern....THANK YOU CERVANTES. We'll be back...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Oaklandingie
CervantesGM, General Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
We would like to thank you for your visit, and it was a plesure to have you and your mom with us we would love to have you and your family again anytime.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here and we loved it. Great atmosphere. Wonderful location. Service was Great. The rooms were cozy and inviting. The attention to customer service was amazing. I will recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a boutique hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front have a nice view, but keep in mind, the closer you are to the street the nois...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrsdiana2
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I went to San Juan for Memorial day weekend, I made a reservation at the Cervantes hotel at the last minute, I was not sure what to expect. The Cervantes is a gem! great location, friendly, knowledgeable staff beautiful, well appointed rooms and a fabulous restaurant on the premises. When traveling to SJ definitely check out the Cervantes. I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank byco
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I luckily only had drinks at that hotel. When I wanted to pay the drinks with the credit
card I was told that there was a problem with the credit card machine and I had to pay
cash which I did. But when I came home I found out that my card had been charged 3
times anyway. So I contacted the hotel and Angelica gave me the feedback that she had
passed on the message to her supervisor. After a few days I sent a reminder about the
status of the affair as I never got any feedback from the Hotel or the refund. Angelica was
astonished that nothing had been done but promised to get on to it. A few days later I had
to send a 2nd reminder for an update let alone a refund. In fact it's now been a week that
I sent that mail and since the hotel just completely ignores my mails. Not even Angelica
is replying and no, there is still no refund. Angelica contacted me again and she invited
me to phone her but when I did she replied she was in a meeting and would phone me
back. But then she disappeared into an all day meeting and was never heard of again. As
far as I am concerned this rudeness and incompetence of handling customer complains
is a complete disgrace and unacceptable. I can't believe that it takes that long to sort this
matter out or even have the courtesy to keep in touch.
Saskia, The Netherlands