“A Great Place to Relax after a Day of Work but great for vacations too.”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I arrived Monday 28 September to start work with my distributors Tuesday through Friday 2 October. I stayed an extra day, Saturday to take advantage of the Friday night Night Life. The hotel is very pretty, extremely clean and excellently located for business travellers. Additionally, if your on a vacation and want to do it less expensively it's not far from some of the hotels located in the Night Life Area which are almost twice the price. The best part are the staff who are totally bilingual and exceptionally cordial. I do not remember all the names but I will say that Maggy (nick-name) at the front desk really stands out. Not only did she go out of her way to help me (I witnessed with other guests as well) she has an enthusiastic effervescent personality. She will be one of the people I will remember on my next business trip. The restaurant is outstanding. The food is great, service is exceptional but again I can only remember Eduardo's name who among others went out of this way to help me and other diners out.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SalesKing
There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Juan Miramar

Reviewed September 28, 2009

We bid on this room with priceline (I think the Marriott site charges almost twice per night what we paid). It's a nice hotel in a rather random area but the room was beautiful and the AC was excellent. We stayed here the night before taking a Princess cruise. There didn't seem to be much to do in Miramar but the bus can take you to Old San Juan easily for 75 cents. Our cab ride to/from the airport was around $14, fairly reasonable we thought.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I was in San Juan this September and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I got the hotel through priceline for $90.00 a night. I first thought it was a bargin but upon arrival I felt as if i had over paid. The hotel is small located on a very small property. At first i thought it was desinged more for the business traveler but then upon seeing their business center ( 1 computer & 1 printer) I realize the hotel was just an extremely small hotel. The rooms are small but very clean. Infact the entrie place was very well kept and clean. The restaurants are insulting with their prices (hamburger $16.00). The pool is small and hot heated. The neighborhood during the day is charming and welcoming, however do not walk the streets at night as they become full of prostitutes, homeless and small groups of teenagers. It is much safer to spend the $20.00 for a cab then to walk anywhere after dark. The hotel is not well situated for visitors; it's far from old san juan & the beaches which makes having a rental car a must if you don't want to spend $20.00 for a cab one way. I would recommed this hotel if 1. your stay does not exceed 2 nights 2. you pay less then $80.00 a night for the room.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We arrived late the night before our cruise. There was a line to check in. This was disappointing, as well as the fact that their restuarant was closed. It was after 10pm though.

The room was clean, a little small, but fine for 2 people. The neighborhood was okay -- maybe a little unsafe. We did not have any problems though. We weren't here very long. They have a complimentary computer in the lobby with internet -- we used to check our email.

Price was good, and it was close to cruise port.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We booked this hotel through priceline for 3 nights as the end to vacation time we spent elsewhere on the island and just wanted a good, clean place to stay as base to do some San Juan sightseeing and we were pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very nice and comfortable, as well as the beds. We had a king bed in our room, and as noted in another review - there is a slight tightness between the bed and the dresser, but nothing that is too bad. I have to say that the best thing about our stay was the staff: beyond friendly and helpful!! Everyone we encountered asked if we needed anything and if everything was ok. Maggie at the front desk was the most friendly, helpful, informative, and just happy person I have EVER encountered at a hotel. She provided us with alot of details about the hotel, the city, how the bus works, restaurants to go to (La Bombonera in Old San Juan on San Francisco Street is a must - especially the "mallorca" pastry/sandwich), and anything else we could have needed to know. The staff and hotel gave us a perfect ending to our vacation before heading home. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, even at twice the price we got through priceline!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leep1987Atlanta
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We got a room here for just one night by bidding with Priceline. Our stay was short but nice. We found it to be a fine place for one night, clean, a short drive from the airport, and a decent restaurant. I wouldn't stay here for a whole vacation, but you will be fine here for a few nights.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EPguy4
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I went with my family and the location to this hotel is in condado pr. And if you dont have a car rental or know someone that can direct you where to go its not much vacation. the restauraut downstairs is very expensive and small portions. The Pool is much smaller than shown in the picture The rooms are clean and spacious. My best advise on going to puerto rico is rent a car in advance and notice that the car rental policy is full amount including deposit our car rental was about $500 for the week. But dont take the tours that they offer you and company for that matter they will take for your money just rent a car and go to the beaches and Yunque for yourself its FREE. with tour operators its about $150 p/p. Great weather... But trust me when i say that resorts are better to go to in puerto rico..

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family