“Better check twice before staying here..”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Bronx
“Better check twice before staying here..”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I went with my family and the location to this hotel is in condado pr. And if you dont have a car rental or know someone that can direct you where to go its not much vacation. the restauraut downstairs is very expensive and small portions. The Pool is much smaller than shown in the picture The rooms are clean and spacious. My best advise on going to puerto rico is rent a car in advance and notice that the car rental policy is full amount including deposit our car rental was about $500 for the week. But dont take the tours that they offer you and company for that matter they will take for your money just rent a car and go to the beaches and Yunque for yourself its FREE. with tour operators its about $150 p/p. Great weather... But trust me when i say that resorts are better to go to in puerto rico..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank 1DayMrsL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Hi,
We stayed here last year, and i never botherd to write a review but after reading some of the reviews i thought i would make sure people know what happened to us. For the first 10 days of our stay everything went fine. Staff would bring us up bottles of wine/champage. What a nice gesture! Wrong they must have been caseing out the room. 10 nights into our 14 night stay we returned to find our room robbed, gone our camcorder, gone our clothes, gone our camera, gone our sunglasses, gone our watch, gone our freakin souvenirs!!!!! who steals someone's souvenirs?? they even took memory cards!!!!! the front desk couldnt even care less, they refused to call the police, we had to get the restaurant to call the police. they hotel never offered a simple sorry. Oh wait we got a free piece of cake for the morning of my friends birthday after the night we got robbed. Also the pool at the restaurant.. is very plain, no waiter service and barely gets any sun and all the sunbathing gets interrupted by the contast traffic and whatever outside. the best part of the hotel is the casual restaurant....room service comprised of flirtatious waitors, ones who after delivering the food, look at me and said anything else you need while placing a hand on my shoulder! very odd... now i know this is a 3.5 star and we stayed here to save money, but after we spent the trip looking at other resorts... please spend just a little bit more for other resorts..such as the hilton, the normany, even the other marriot or the san juan water and beach club in Isla Verde.. the place to be if you like the beach! Being robbed always leaves a bad taste..but after no effort was ever made by the hotel to offer condolenses to us or simply any empathy, i will always tell people about the poor service...oh wait the beds were soft..forgot about that!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
7 Thank rico_ysl
Houston
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I had a lower expectation of this place based on some reviews. I got a great deal with expedia and the gotopuertorico.com website with a discounted daily fee and a 100.00 gift card so we could it. Once we got there, I really liked the place. It was close to all the areas of San Juan I needed to go. I had a rental car and I was able to find parking at the street. The staff was very helpful and they made us feel like home. The coffee in the room is one of the most popular in the island so that was a treat. I would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gonzaeste
CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar San Juan.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you are wanting to come back.

We strive to make our guest feel "at home" when they come visit us. It's good to know that we met your expectations.

I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and again, "thank you," for having stayed with us and taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

Cordially,

Summerside, PE
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I can't believe people can criticize this hotel. I'ts not a 5 star, but a very well deserved 3.5.
Those uppity people should be well aware that other hotel in the area can cater to there uppity standards, for a price of course. At $65 per night (priceline), this hotel is by far the best deal in town. The staff are always greeting you with a ravishing Puerto Rican smile, the hotel lobby is charming, the rooms well-appointed and the location convenient. For a $0.50 fare, you can jump on a transit bus to every part of the city, altough it may get a bit crowded at times. Our favorite destination was Old San Juan, this is a must.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank jeanleblanc
CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, July 2, 2009
Thank you for sharing your comments and your experience at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar San Juan.

We value your comments and I will most definetly share this will the entire staff.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and I hope that whenever your travel plans brings you back to Puerto Rico, you once again choose to stay with us.

Regards,

chicago
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I accompanied my "senior" mother on what was to be her return to Puerto Rico after a 53-year absence. We stayed at this Courtyard Marriott on the final leg of our trip (5/24-5/28.) I made all the travel arrangements and simply "rolled the dice" by choosing this hotel. Well, we came up winners. This hotel is located in a wonderfully diverse neighborhood. You have shops, restaurants, and even a supermarket down the street.
We walked (45mins) to Viejo San Juan. Or you could take a 10min (50 cent) bus ride to Viejo San Juan. There is a wonderful harbor with great vistas just a block away.
Our room, as well as all the public areas, were immaculate. The best thing of our stay was our interaction with the wonderful staff. They are curtious, helpful, and seemed to really enjoy what they do. I believe a staff with "bad" attitudes can absolutely ruin what was an otherwise great stay. This was not the case, here. Everyone, from the bell-hop to the housekeeper were a joy to see each day.
WE ARE ALREADY PLANNING TYO RETURN.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank msosaChicago
Thank you for sharing your experience and comments during your stay at the Courtyard Marriott Miramar San Juan.

I was a pleasure for me and my staff to have had you and your mother stay with us. I was a pleasure having spoken to you both and I hope to see you again in the not to distance future.

I will share your comments with the staff and "thank you," for having stayed with us.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Newtown, PA
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We booked the Courtyard through Priceline for $50. This was a pre-cruise stay on Easter weekend. The only thing I didn't like was the charge for parking (we had a rental car). One doesn't really have a choice with the parking. The hotel's location is good if you are embarking from the Pan Am Pier. That is a short ride away.

The room was kind of small, as others have noted. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had no problems sleeping and our floor was quiet. I found the internet was very fast for a hotel, that was a big plus. We did not eat at the restaurant.

I would not want to stay here if your destination is the beach or Old San Juan. It's not really within walking distance to anything. Yes, there are some restaurants and a supermarket down the street, but that's it. The staff was friendly and the hotel was pleasant to be in. I would have no problems staying here again for a pre-cruise stay, especially for the price we paid.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank relayer
Minneapolis
Reviewed May 12, 2009

It is about a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport and it cost $17.00 one way plus a $1.00 tip per bag.
The property is located in a neighborhood/business area, very quiet. There is a Walgreens about 3 blocks and a Subway 1 block away on the same street.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a no frills hotel, with one elevator. As reported in previous posts a long wait for the elevator, we did not have that experience.
During our stay we did not have time to use the pool, but it is small. The workout facility had 1 exercise bike, a few weights and a treadmill.
As for check-in we arrived around 3:00pm the lobby was empty and everything went smoothly. We used express check-out when leaving which meant no stopping at the front desk. Our departure was around 10:00am and it was getting busy in the lobby area.
The rooms are clean and average size with refrigerators. Beds were very comfortable. Free in room internet access which worked fine for us.
This is a good place for a tourist who does not spend much time in their room.
The bus stop is 1 block from the hotel, it cost 75 cents and takes about 15 minutes to get to Old San Juan. A cab ride is approximately $12.00 one way to Old San Juan and it takes about 10 minutes.

• Stayed May 2009
3 Thank IMAJerry
CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, May 18, 2009
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comments on your most recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott San Juan Miramar.

We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as comments like yours are vital for the success of our hotel.

I thank you for staying with us and I hope that when your travel plans brings you to San Juan, you once again choose to stay with us.

Cordially,