“Excellent place to stay”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
PR
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, the staff was friendly and helpful, and so did the guys from the valet parking. The rooms are nice, with everything you need and very clean, I didn’t have any complains. The hotel offer valet parking (additional cost) and is for the full day. If you don’t want to pay the valet, you’ve to find your own parking somewhere on the side walks. There are some nice places to eat nearby (good price).

The hotel is located near some interesting attractions on San Juan, but, if you want to go to Old San Juan, you might want to rent a car, get a taxi or get a bicycle. You can walk if you want to, is an interesting walk, a lot of beautiful things to see during your walk, but, be prepared to have a good pair of sneakers and enjoy the walk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This place needs an update.... The morning i stayed here the bathroom floor was flooded, i called down the front desk and the maid service wasnt available until 8am which she said she would send someone asap but never did which made my time getting ready that morning very uncomfortable for me and my family on my way out i told the front desk again and i got not apologies for the incident P.s. matresses were very hard and uncomfortable, overall a bad experience

• Stayed May 2014
Ayneris A, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Buenas tardes Floyola1,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not to your liking and/or expectations.

As part of our efforts to make our guest experience a great one, I would like to ask you, very respectfully, if you could explain in detail what were the problems you experienced during your stay. Your feedback and comments will help us improve our service and correct the issues at fault.

We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Ayneris Arzola Sanchez
ayneris.arzola@courtyard.com
787-721-7400 ext. 5540
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2014

*Note* - For this trip I did not rent as car and relied on public transportation, so I am writing this
review from this perspective:

PRO's:
- Very clean room, even behind the furniture and under the bed (I inspect with a flashlight)
- Nice flat screen HDTV with really good picture quality and good selection of cable channels
- Good exercise room with complete set of dumbbells
- Mini fridge in room and microwave available on request at no extra charge
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who speak English well
- 2 bus lines pass in front of the hotel which will take you to Old San Juan in about 10 minutes
- 15-minute walk (I timed it walking at a moderate pace) to a dynamite small beach at
Condado Plaza where you can swim, relax in the calm water, and even snorkel (plenty of colorful fish)
- Good selection of places to eat right down the street including fast food, a great luncheon place where you can get a good authentic meal at a reasonable price (Their Cuban sandwiches are A-1), and a large supermarket where you can get a hot meal to go for about $5
- On-site Concierge who can book day trips and tours (I recommend the trip to Arecibo for the Radio Telescope and Caves - $106/person)

CON's:
- Please note that this is strictly a business hotel, so there is no beach access, casino, or any other 'action'. For that you will need to either take the 15-minute walk or $12 cab ride to Condado Plaza
- Room is a bit small and cramped, and the furniture is a little beat up
- They should establish a shuttle service to the other Marriott hotel in Condado for the beach and casino. It would really add to the stay.

*Post Note* - As I stated earlier, for this trip I relied on public transportation, mostly by bus.
I had no problem going to and from Old San Juan during daytime hours. However, things seem
to change drastically after 5PM. Both times that I tried that I waited over an hour for the bus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank DREW C
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly and courteous but most of all extremely helpful. They helped with directions for getting around town, recommendations on nice resaturants to eat at and things to do during my vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sunset Park
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great hospitality!! Nice, quiet location from Laguna in walking distance. Staffs are friendly, helpful. I like lighting of the pool at night time.

It was my 2nd stay, and I'm sure that I'm coming back.

• Stayed May 2014
Ny
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the courtyard...... Nice Pool area-relaxing, room was small in size-But enjoyed my night stay...Close to all essential needs! Front desk was helpful and extremely Polite(Jesus). 15 minute cab ride to airport and minutes away from condado/old san juan. Dont let cab operators make up there own prices....Check with front desk/price sheet available there and at airport. I used cab service several times and got different prices gettting around.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ayneris A, Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for your great comments and your review. I shared your remark to Jesus and he was really grateful to be recognized. We apologize for your inconvenience with the taxi service. As you mentioned our staff is always at your service to give you any type of information needed. We do hope to be able to serve you again in the near future and if we can be of assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Always at your service,

Ayneris Arzola Sánchez
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once a year for the past three years and this year has shown some remarkable improvements. There is now WiFi in the rooms, not just the lobby. The carpeting is new and the rooms have flat screens. The lobby has been spruced up and the pool area appears to have been resurfaced. There are still downsides, I wish they'd do away with the $15.00 daily valet charges, but that seems to be the norm in Puerto Rico hotels. The rooms are quiet, the air conditioning was fantastic and the bed was quite comfortable. This hotel goes for about $100.00 a night and it's only about 15 minutes in light traffic from the more expensive Isla Verde hotels. The staff is pretty firm on the 3:00pm check-in and you're expected to leave at noon. If you don't mind not being beachside and want to have a a little money left over for great Puerto Rican food, give this place a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if they have them available. Also, the ice machines on on the ODD floors. The...