“Great for an overnight stay”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here overnight prior to taking a charter flight out of San Juan, primarily because we had a Marriott free night certificate for a Category 5 hotel. We arrived very late, but the service was excellent. They were able to honor our request for adjoining rooms. The rooms were small, but clean, in a standard Marriott décor. Perfect for what we needed. About a 10 minute drive from the airport- taxi fare was around $22 each way.

Room Tip: We liked the high floor rooms- you could see the harbor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Ayneris A, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hola Rohr239:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your comments about the service which you received from our staff. We appreciate your business as a Loyal Marriott Rewards Member and hoping to see you again on your next visit to Puerto Rico.

Hasta Pronto!

Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Juan Miramar

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Every detail was in place and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Top of the list restaurants with excellent variety and food. Since we arrived, all attentions were handled perfectly and in a very nice manner. Will definitively return and recommend. Also, location was great including nice eateries and neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Miguel P
Cynthia C, Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Miguel P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Our staff always works hard to make sure our guest have an enjoyable stay. Next time to visit us, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist you.

Cynthia Cruz
Reservations Manager
787 721-7400 x5554
c.cruz@courtyard.com

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our unexpected stay at this property resulted from a travel delay due to missed flight connections.

The Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar turned out to be a good choice for our unexpected time in San Juan. The location is close to Old San Juan and the San Juan National Historic Site which includes Castillo San Cristóbal, Castillo San Felipe del Morro, Fortín San Juan de la Cruz known locally as El Cañuelo, and three fourths of the city walls. There is an easy city bus connection to the free National Park Service tram tour of these sites.

Additional the restaurant in this property was excellent good menu and wine selections.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank RSMIT10

Dear RSMIT10,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our facility and the time you set aside to share your experience. We hope in the near future you select us again!

Looking forward to seeing you soon and If we can be of assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Saludos!

Cynthia Cruz
Reservations Manager
787 721-7400 x5554
c.cruz@courtyard.com

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent 2 nights here before moving on to Las Crowbars, PR. The plan was to squeeze five (3 adults & 2 kids) people into a double bed room. The room was so small, I didn't even attempt it and ending up getting a second King Bed room.

The King bed fills the room, there is very little space to walk between the bed and dresser.

Check-In:
Was great, my Platinum status was recognized and the staff was very courteous.

Elevator:
I didn't experience a long wait for the elevator, yes it's small, yes it's the only elevator but it did it's job. We were on the 10th floor.

Rooms:
As I said earlier they are tiny but if your there to sleep, they serve that purpose.

Beds:
The bed in my King Room was comfortable, however the double bed in my first room was one of the reasons I decided to get another room. The guest in that room didn't complain about sleep though.

Air Quality:
What the guest did complain about was air quality. They said they were choked up every night and coughing. I tried to get this remedied with the hotel staff. They assured me that the air filter was changed regularly, while they didn't have another room on the 10th floor they did offer a room on another floor. However my family was too tired to move.

Bathrooms:
To accompany the small room there were very small bathrooms. The tub was very short, the toilet was very low, everything about the bathroom was small and short.

The views:
Both of my rooms, which were on opposite sides of the building, both had views of the city.

Check-Out:
Once again the staff did a great job sending me off. No complaints

Parking: I didn't pay for parking either night.

I parked on the street both times. It does require a little extra walking and time to find a spot. The surrounding area could feel a little unsafe but I had no problems with safety. You should be good to go.

2  Thank V4VALOR
Ayneris A, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Buenas Tardes V4VALOR:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that the room during your stay did not meet your expectations during your visit to San Juan. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, so we’ll be sure to share your comments in reference your experience to help us to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.

I am happy to read that our staff was helpful and courteous!

We value your loyalty as a Marriott Elite Member and hope this situation does not change your perception towards our property and hoping you to give us an opportunity to serve you again.

If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

What can I said, all the people at this hotel goes the extra mile for you. I stay every month at this hotel for work. with all my travels , accidentally booked the wrong date.
Right away when I showed up, the people at the counter, the lady at the office all of them make sure I got my reservation corrected!.
Great to know still hotels take care of customers and specially customers that are in the hotel every month.
Great Job, definitely will be back again and again.
Sorry for the vacationers but this is a executive, work environment hotel, is away from all the fun but close to all the attractions.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good, but ask for rooms away from the elevator, in high season there is lots of tr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Paulo R
Cynthia C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Buenas Tardes Paulo R:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was thrill reading your comments and happy to know that we satisfy your needs during your continuous business stays. We do our best for our guest to feel like home! I will personally share your remarks to our associates and hope seeing you during your next visit.

Your family from Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here after our cruise it was a very clean hotel they let us check in early pool was clean and relaxing beds were great close to old San Juan a lot of shopping and
A lot of places to eat and it about 15 min from the airport.

1  Thank Fritokid

Hola Fritokid:

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice after your cruise vacation. I hope you enjoyed the cruise through our neighboring Caribbean islands. We are happy you enjoyed staying at our property and we do our best in making our customer feel like home.

We do look forward to seeing you soon and If we can be of assistance to you in any way please do not hesitate to contact us directly at our Reservations Department 1-787-721-7400 x5554.

Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are old but clean. The lobby and restaurants are beautiful. Its an easy ride to Old San Juan. There is no view of anything and this is not a kid friendly place. Its good to go sleep and leave.

• Stayed: April 2014
Ayneris A, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Juan Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Buenas Tardes Elaterra ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your stay with us, it means a great deal to our hotel. It saddens to me to know that the hotel was not to your expectations.

Our hotel is conveniently located in the modern part of San Juan near by the Airport, Condado, several excellent restaurants and beaches in walking distance. As part of our efforts to make our guest experience a great one, I would like to ask you, very respectfully, if you could explain in detail what were the problems you experienced with your room.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.