“Hotel is Adequate/location not the best”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My review is similar to what I see on here already. I thought the hotel would be walking distance to alot more shopping/restaurants/activities. Next time I would book a hotel closer to old town. I honestly felt this area was a bit seedy. My husband and I were fine with the room, it was clean and comfortable not excessively noisey and the view was pretty good.

I would start off by saying the Valet staff was great, whom I believe is not actually staffed by the hotel but I could be wrong. They were professional, and always prompt. I actually got local area recommendations from them and they had great suggestions. The reception staff were not very freindly and when I asked for assistance with stocking the business center (printer paper/pens) the request was clearly something they were annoyed with doing. Very different attitude than the Valet attendents.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawn2281

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel was not our first choice wanted to change soo badly especially after reading the negative reviews but everywhere else was booked!...So happy that we decided to stick with what was available..had a great week end at this hotel..Good location,pleasant and helpful staff, room very clean and king sized bed very comfortable!..matter of fact slept like baby every night. Restaurent Papillon. . good food but way way overpriced!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have stayed at various hotels within San Juan and in other Puerto Rico cities, from Howard Johnson to embassey suites but this was by far the best experience on the island. The front office staff was fantastic when we checked in on a friday, the saturday morning staff was a little rough around the edges but did well. the staff was very responsive when we needed extra chairs. the room was very clean and well maintained. While the cost was high we found that the comfort and confidence that it gave us was worth it.

Room Tip: we had a corner room and it was great. it had a sofa bed which we did not use but it made the room f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ralph R
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a pleasant four day stay during Holy Week. The restauarnt at the hotel is good, and the hotel is reasonably located. We were first time visitors, and were a bit put off by the less than helpful staff. Most questions we asked were answered by referring us to do our own research on the internet. Apart from that, we had an overall pleasant stay at this average Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night before a cruise. While the room was fine for a one night stay, the mattress was hard and the sheets were unbearably scratchy and uncomfortable. This is a nice hotel as long as you don't need to sleep. The location was a short taxi ride from the airport and the front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachBoundFun
Reviewed April 13, 2013

As a frequent user of Marriotts globally I have a good feel for the relative qualities in different locations.

I've stayed al all the San Juan Marriotts - the casino, la concha renaissance and now this courtyard.

At $160 a night this was almost half the cost of the ther two. Location isn't bad but slightly out of the way for main drag.

Yes there's free wifi inthe lobby but none in the room which is a pain for any businessman. Rooms were clean and tidy and the breakfast ok.

Overall it's not a business hotel, more of a cheap stop over if you're a tourist visiting and don't want to pay top dollar

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A disclaimer here. I love Marriott hotels. I travel around the world and always try to stay at them because they are consistent in their service (you get what you expect) and the people are just outrageously service-oriented. So.....went from Phoenix, AZ to San Juan, Puerto Rico on 4.11 on American Airlines....a debacle of the first order. Our first plane was 2 hours late, so they herded us on an earlier one. We arrive at DFW, Dallas-Ft. Worth airport 2 hours ahead of our normal flight. So, when the San Juan portion is to leave,nope...they got a breakdown in the plane had to switch out a filter and we were an hour late taking off. Okay, on the way there, plane gets hit by lightning. I smell wiring burning (so did everyone else). Pilot doused the cabin lights and threw us into utter darkness for the last 2 hours of the trip and the wiring stopped burning. Arrive at the San Juan airport and voila--no luggage. The guy who took our claim says "It happens all the time." So, we get a taxi at midnight and prowl through the city of San Juan to the Marriott Courtyard San Juan Miramar. Had a very nice check in and slept until 9 am the next morning. Went down to tell them that American Airlines is supposed to get our luggage to us sometime today. The woman receptionist got a very sympathetic look on her face and said, "Wait! Let me get you some things you need.! She grabs a big plastic bag, goes to the rear of the office and proceeds to put 2 toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, man's deoderant, woman's deoderant, hand lotion and 2 combs in there for us. I was AMAZED. This is no little service point. We had on dirty clothes. Our toiltery articles are still in transit. Hate waking up with a cruddy tasting mouth....my hair askew and no way to comb it into place. But this Courtyard went far above and beyond to help us out with such a kind and thoughtful gift. We were not charged for any of it, and that costs them some money. This is the kind of place I want to stay when things go wrong. Our suite is perfect, great wifi and ethernet, quiet, air conditioned and a service staff who can hardly wait to make your day. They also have a restaurant on the premises, thank goodness. Marriott rocks. Address: 801 Ponce de Leon Avenue, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00907. Phone: 1-787-723-0068

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple