“Hotel restaurant”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This is my 2nd time staying at this hotel I was very happy as far as the hotel. I ate at the restaurant on my first visit and really enjoyed it very good ( prices high ). This time I stayed at the hotel it had a lot to do with eating here again even though exp. very good. But things changed I went to the restaurant and was greeted by the front screener I guess to keep out the undesirables I have never considered myself undesirable but I was treated like trash because I wasn't wearing a thousand dollar suit. This is a tourist trap and is if you are rich or your daddy is rich they may like you. If you are working class, middle class tracing on business or retired. You will not be good enough for this restaurant. But if you like feeling unwelcomed and feeling like crap this is the place to go ( Be.sure to bring you best clothes) there will be an inspection. Don't expect to hotel to be any help they seem to shrug it off and shake there heads but apparently they are afraid of the restaurant. It's hard to believe the way things are these days they turn customers away WOW...... I won't stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Geewizers

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at Courtyard by Marriott at two occasions. First time beds were OK. Second time Beds were very noisy. Miramar neighborhood is very nice. short Taxi ride to Condado where you want to go out at night. No beaches close by. it looks like a good hotel for business travelers.Los Pinos Cafe close by is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

There's some good and bad here but it's hard to get past the bad. The room was slightly musty but the halls were much worse. Even the lobby smelled slightly musty. While I expect some mustiness in a semi-tropical climate such as San Juan the halls here smelled of a cheap motel.

The room itself was very small. The arrangement of the desk and chair was comical. There was no room for the way-too-low-chair (too low even when extended to its full height) to fit between the bed and the too-high "desk" (more like a counter than a desk). I had to wedge in at an angle and was very uncomfortable.

Then there was the absolutely HORRIBLE lighting in the room: incredibly dim light, poorly arranged. I felt like I was in a $19/night motel. So, Courtyard -- the brand for business travelers -- has a nearly unusable work area and horrible room lighting. This is not up to the Courtyard standard and Marriott should be ashamed of themselves.

On the other hand there was much good. The bathroom lighting was good. The water pressure excellent. The room had a nice mini-fridge, nice flat screen TV and the Air Conditioning worked well although the thermostat was poorly located directly below the air output so the AC cycled way too frequently. (I can't help but wonder which genius designed it that way!) Wired internet was slow but still pretty usable -- I've definitely had worse.

Staff was friendly and helpful and the location is good. It's a fairly quiet area but close to some stores and food and easy to get to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here several nights. I like Marriott properties because we have status that gets you perks like free breakfast... but not here. I went in to the "upgrade" room and was surprised that it was called a "suite." It had a sofa in a less-than-spacious room. The bathroom door wouldn't latch or close all the way. The plumbing is VERY noisy and woke me several times. As has been mentioned, it's not really close to anything and the nearby restaurants are either chains (Subway, Papa Johns, Osaka) or expensive (Augusto's and Lima Cafe). So, by the time you figure cab fare ($15 to old town each way), you might be better off finding something closer to activities. There are no premium TV channels.
On the upside, the bed was comfy and the staff were all very accommodating and polite.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here on two separate occasions. The first time they upgraded our room to a larger at no additional costs. We thought the service was excellent on both occasions. The rooms have been renovated with newer furniture and amenities however the second room the furniture just didn't fit with an odd layout that the desk chair would need to be between the bed and the desk. The first room was better than the second and on the second visit we just noticed that the room needed cleaning. Windows were locked with screws, missing wall cover plates, broken cords, sticky bathroom floor and not all the bathroom amenities were there. We called to have the shampoos for the room and we had to pick them up. Only wired in room internet but free, however the cord was too short to actually reach the pullout desk. Free wireless in the lobby. The water pipes kept waking us up with loud squeaking in both rooms. The area of the hotel is a few blocks from the nice beach side areas but when you get there it is beautiful. This area has a lot of homeless people and we did not feel safe at night on the street. We wouldn't recommend this hotel for vacation but for business or catching a next day flight it served the purpose. Taxi to airport was 17 + 1 p/bag.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevorns
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'm typing this as I'm checking out to head to my cruise. In general, the hotel and location is average - $15 cab to old san juan and plaza las americas. The room is old, toilet paper and towel holders were both broken, no vanity space by the sink, beds creak. The gym consists of 1 elliptical and 1 treadmill ( the treadmill stopped abruptly 2 min into the run). The pool is decent. We stayed on the 10th flor and there was no ice machine. Also, my husband is a platinum member and this is the first time we were not granted late checkout - we did however, checked in early yesterday. Overall, it was ok for one free night. I would not pay or spend points on this property unless they do some renovation...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank nyc_chickie
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this property for two nights prior to boarding a cruise to the southern Caribbean. The staff was extremely friendly and eager to help with directions and recommendations, and always ready to help. The room was very adequate and the bed was quite comfortable. We would have liked to have wi fi in the room since we only had our iPad with us but it was not a big issue. The location is not on the beach but neither are the prices! Right on the bus route and 50 cents gets you to Old San Juan where the free trams are available. There is a grocery nearly across the street and we felt very safe walking day and night. Kudos to the staff! They really make a hotel comfortable!

Room Tip: We usually ask for a high floor and was fine. Unless you are a king bed person, ask for a room with...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family