“Authentic atmosphere, great fitness room, restaurant, and bar.”

Courtyard San Juan Miramar
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great pools, great lounge.

• Stayed: January 2011
There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Juan Miramar

Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was a decent hotel, at a fair price. It was in town, but not a touristy area. You need to take transportation (taxi, rental car or city bus) anywhere. You can catch the city bus out on the street. It's a short jaunt to Old San Juan.

Personally I would prefer to stay in a different location as a tourist.

On the flipside, local shops are nearby (such as pharmacies, groceries, etc. and restaurants). It wasn't my favourite place in P.R.

Our hotel was standard; nothing fancy and nothing offensive.

The pool area was clean and small.Towels were provided at the pool. Nobody was swimming or lounging there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JulesReviews
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Hotel location is very close to the airport, so its a good option if you have an early flight out of San Juan. Check in at this hotel was great, staff was really helpful and friendly. Get off the elevator on my floor and immediately could tell that this hotel was old and worn out. Enter my room and my door doesn't close all of the way. Open the closet door to get out the luggage rack and there is filth in the closet tracks. Carpets were stained and old and starting to come apart from the wall. I was staying here for work and really didn't have any other options, but if I came here on a personal trip, I can tell you that I wouldn't have stayed. Good news is that there were no bugs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WpgFoodie101
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had booked this hotel for 140 guests that were travelling on a cruise leaving from San Juan. We had 98 guest rooms booked over 3 days. From start to finish the whole thing was complicated. Our booking got messed up so many times. Then the straw that broke the camel's back is when they relocated 13 of our rooms to another hotel due to "flooding." Yeah right. As previously stated, the hotel is not up to Marriott standards. The elevator constantly broke down and was a major inconvenience on the day we were all checking out. One of our guests lugged suitcases down 9 floors. The pool was always out of commission or being filled up. The staff are extremely friendly and courteous and really did their best with what they had. I just think this hotel lacks organization and coordination. Good places to eat nearby. They hooked us up with a great bus company for shuttle to and from the airport and also a tour of San Juan. I wouldn't stay here again based on my experience, but it's not a bad hotel for the money. Just very unorganized.

Room Tip: Get a suite. The regular rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed August 16, 2011

No need to pay more for a good resting night after a long day working. Clean rooms, friendly staff and very good security. It have a gas station around the corner and some eating places at walking distance. Because of location you are always against the traffic. Great choice!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was my first time staying at a Courtyard Property. The hotel was in good shape, the room was nice and comfortable, and the location was adequate for a first time tourist like me.
However, upon checking in found out that their elevator was broken, so me as a guest will have to use the service elevator. Elevator didnt become functional until next day, so it was very hard to use the service elevator because of the other guests and the employees at the same time.
My room didnt have any soap, shampoo, etc. I have to ask housekeeping for these items. These items are essential for this kind of hotel or any hotel.
The rooms have coffee maker and coffee; however no cream or sugar available in the room.
Overall, my stay was ok.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JTsobe
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one day prior to a cruise departing from San Juan. I am a huge fan of the Marriott brand but found this particular hotel to be operated at a lesser standard than the norm. I was disappointed by the lack of a working deadbolt lock AND safety latch on the door. It was after midnight when we first noticed this issue and I called down to the reception desk. The night desk attendant offered no solution. We blocked the door with a chair (picture included).

The hotel room was small but clean. The hotel isn't in walking distance to tourist spots but most areas were easy to access with our rental car.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends