“A must visit”
Review of Hecho en Casa

Hecho en Casa
Ranked #109 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Description: We offer home-style Puerto Rican and international food. We have burgers, pasta, sandwiches, salads and pastries. Our local Food includes rice and beans, meats and the best mofongos in town. Ask for the daily specials. Remember to try our passion fruit sangria and the best mojitos. The best part is that all of our kitchen confections are made to order to ensure we give you the most authentic gastronomical experience the best way we know how, Hecho en Casa (Homemade).
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Cannot describe how amazing the food and drinks were. Our waitress was very friendly and gave some great suggestions. Be prepared to wait for your meal but believe me you'll be delighted. The churrasco was unbelievable tasty and the tamarindo mojitos were out of this world! We also had the guava and parcha flans but these were a bit too sweet for my taste.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

As a local i came across this place since they opened, and my experience has been one of joy and bliss every time i walk through their door. Its atendants make you feel like if you were family, the food is so good you can blindfold yourself and pick a dish with the confidence it will be a culinary experience for the new and a flashback of childhood memories for the locals. I visit every day for lunch and coffey break, i really enjoy their guava cutsard with a cup of coffey while chitchatting with my friends. If youre looking for a bang for the buck while enjoying what makes Puerto Rico a great place to visit dont miss this place.

1  Thank Rodolfo1228
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Hecho en Casa is my favorite place to eat in Old San Juan. The ambience is great and relaxing. Their music selection is awesome and the food is AMAZING. Their typical Puerto Rican dishes and daily speacials are fantastic. Not to mention their little bakery at the back with fresh homemade pastries and flans. They even have an espresso machine. I recommend this place to anyone who finds themselves in Old San Juan. Perfect for locals and tourist. A must-visit!

2  Thank Nina B
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I happened upon this little gem. Great atmosphere , delicious desert !
Make a point of going you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is such a cute little restaurant with fantastic and simple Puerto Rican foods. Loved the service provided and the incredibly friendly people there. Met one of the owners, and he was a charmer. Clean, and comfortable. I would absolutely go back!