“Great Fun!”

Legends of Puerto Rico
Ranked #4 of 10 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Since the year 2000 we design and guide theme tours. Our specialty are history, scenic drives, forests and food tours in Old San Juan and Puerto Rico. We are licensed tour guides. Our rum food tour consists of meals served in a typical Puerto Rican household. Journey into Spanish Colonial times with the most popular & longest running NIGHT walking tour in Old San Juan. Pioneer in wheelchair-friendly architectural history walking tour. Travel journalists, travel agents and TV producers ask us about facts and tips on where the locals go to have fun and highlight our tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We've traveled to San Juan several times. We contacted this company again to schedule a different tour. They did not disappoint! I will use them again if we bring any new people to San Juan. Debbie really knows her stuff! I love taking tours from someone that's prompt, knowledgeable and fun at the same time!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was a great tour of Old San Juan. I wish it had gone a little different. no fault of the tour company. Most of our tour was in a down pour of rain! The tour went on though! We were able to find shelter at little stops for a history review. Our tour ran over by quite a bit. but, this was to our advantage. we got to see a 3-D show that...I cant even describe...AWESOME! If I could do this tour again, not in the rain, I would. I believe Legends offers other tours. I would consider a day one too.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

On our first night in Puerto Rico, our group of seven decided to take a walking tour to get acclimated to Old San Juan. Taking the Night Tales tour with Debbie was a great choice! Registering and paying online was easy, and the meet-up spot was not hard to find.

Debbie is a Puerto Rico expert and we learned so much on the fast-paced, well-organized tour. On our two-mile walking tour, we lucked out and ran into the the governor of Puerto Rico. He posed with us for pictures, and Debbie graciously took photos of us at every picturesque stop on the tour. She really treats all of her guests like friends, and I so highly recommend learning about Old San Juan with her. With all of the information we learned on the tour, we were better able to decide what we wanted to see in more depth during the rest of our stay. You won't regret it!

1  Thank agritourism_buff
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Let me start by saying what an experience I had on this Tour. I thought that I would be riding on a Bus to Guavate,Puerto Rico to eat delicious Pork, listen to music and have several drinks. I was surprised when we received so much information on the foods of Puerto Rico and where some of our vegetables originated from.

Compliments of Debbie our Tour Guide, step by step presentation of how the Sofrito is prepared and cooked in Puerto Rico.We also had a sample of Coconut Rum which was delicious.

When we arrived we were met by a Hostess from El Rancho that was assigned to our Group to take our Food Orders. El Rancho provided our Tour Group a Reserved Table by the Stream...Beautiful....The Food was incredible at El Rancho, the Music hit the right notes, the Drinks were delicious and the Dance Floor was hopping...

So here comes Part 2. Our Tour Guide Debbie (Teacher) introduced us to the Chef that gave us a Tour on how the Pork is stored in the Freezer then Prepared and cooked.Again I thought that I was just taking a Bus ride to eat Pork at El Rancho and return home.

I had no idea that all of us in our Group would be cared for like Family by Debbie our Tour Guide, Jose our Driver and the Staff at El Rancho.

Thank you for a wonderful experience and I will be returning next year to take this Tour Again.

David Rodriguez Isla Verde Puerto Rico.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank David R
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were very impressed with Debbie and her knowledge of the history and facts of the Puerto Rico - San Juan area. This walking tour was very good. The locations were spectacular! My wife and I very much appreciated the history and information that Debbie had. It was like a visual history tour with exciting venues. There is so much to see and we kept moving through the tour. This allowed us to reach all of the destinations and see eveything. We appreciated the fact that we were always moving and continually engaged. There were no delays and Debbie was very professional and mindful of the tour, and took time to be sure we all got photos. I have to say this was the best tour of the San Juan area I have experienced. We had been once before to San Juan and tried a different bus tour with another company, but this time was better, because Legends was more fun, more thorough, better informed, and more cognizant of the customer. I have to say Debbie's hosting of the tour was hands down the best tour we have had in a long time. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction