“Wonderful Tour Guide and Fantastic Experience”

Legends of Puerto Rico
Ranked #3 of 9 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Since the year 2000 we design and guide theme tours. Our specialty are history, scenic drives, forests and food tours in Old San Juan and Puerto Rico. We are licensed tour guides. Our rum food tour consists of meals served in a typical Puerto Rican household. Journey into Spanish Colonial times with the most popular & longest running NIGHT walking tour in Old San Juan. Pioneer in wheelchair-friendly architectural history walking tour. Travel journalists, travel agents and TV producers ask us about facts and tips on where the locals go to have fun and highlight our tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We decided to fly into Puerto Rico a couple of days before our cruise (Feb 8 & 9, 2013) and searched online what to do in Puerto Rico and came across the Spirits of Puerto Rico and it sounded like a lot of fun and then I read about Debbie, the tour guide,said she was amazing which made the two of us very excited for the tour and that we would have a great time!

We were blown away by the experience. Great tour - great food and learned a lot about the different kinds of rums. Did I say great food.... :) Debbie was fantastic, she is very energetic, friendly and wants to ensure you get the best experience possible. She takes consideration for photo opportunities and brings a camera to take pics and post them should someones camera or pictures do not work out. I have to thank Debbie for this as I've been on many tours and to have a tour guide care about this and do this is a great bonus!!!

My friend and I enjoyed ourselves so very much and the experience we had with Debbie that we booked a second tour with her the next night. It was Night tales, The walking tour of Old San Juan. Again, fantastic tour. What a wonderful way to see the area at night. Debbie took us to many places and let me tell you she really knows her stuff. You will learn a lot about the histories of the area and also have a little bit of entertainment....She will tell you which movies where shot in different locations...which I find very interesting. I know that others have posted review saying they didn`t enjoy the pics on the Ipad with celebrities but I did enjoy that. I like seeing that sort of thing, kind of makes you feel like we were there too!! :)

All in all, Debbie is a great tour guide and we really enjoyed both tours with the Legends of Puerto Rico and when we visit in the future, we will be contacting Debbie again to take us out on another tour!! I WILL be refering Debbie and the Legends of Puerto Rico to anyone that I know that will be travelling to San Juan. I highly recommend Debbie if you are looking for a fun, exciting and memorable experience. She will not let you down!!! :)

Thanks Debbie and thanks to Legends of Puerto Rico, truely made our trip memorable.

The Spirits of Puerto Rico gives you an opportunity to sample many different rums and local dishes. I would say it was very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Catherine V
Legendsofpr, Owner at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you Catherine V for sharing your experiences and pictures taken during the Spirits of Puerto Rico and Night Tales in Old San Juan tours at TripAdvisor Review Forum. More important is that you choose to celebrate your birthday with us...it was an honor.

and Me - Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide

in 3 reviews
"entire group"
"wealth of knowledge"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
"historical information"
in 4 reviews
"rich history"
"took pictures"

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Took the Night tales in Old San Juan with Debbie on February 17, 2013 ......we have been to PR a number of times and wanted to try something different, and we certainly did!! Debbie took us to places we have never been before, and doing it at night was a great experience. Debbie was so animated and full of energy when she told us about the history of PR. We enjoyed every minute with her, everyone should give it a shot at least once, we look forward to trying some of her other tours when we return.
An extra bonus is that she is a wiz with a camera, she will adjust yours, take pictures for you, and give you great camera tips!
Also, as promised she got us back to our ship on time...Thank You Debbie!!

Legendsofpr, Owner at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you Frangig for sharing your Night Tales in Old San Juan tour experiences on Trip Advisor Review Forum and sharing on facebook the pictures Debbie took during the tour.

We are truly thankful for the opportunity in being your tour guide service company in Puerto Rico and for trying something different during your most recent cruise vacation.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Debbie Molina is top of the line as tour director in Old San Juan. I know this for a fact since I've followed her career for many years and have seen as she developed, studied her history, designed and redesigned her product. She's now a polished tour director that delivers the best service. I wonder in the criticism from "soured" is more of a poison pill some competitor planted in this thread for selfish purposes. Onward Debbie, your one of the best!

Rafael Matos - Journalist

Thank you cccrafael for keeping travelers up to date about how Puerto Rico is a fun and safe destination. We also appreciate sharing your touring experience on TripAdvisor Review forum.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are so pleased we chose to introduce our friends to San Juan by joining Debbie's evening tour last night! She is so informative, has such a great love and pride in her home country, and her enthusiasm and energy are unmatched! This was our second tour with Debbie and we think it was even better than the daytime tour. Of course a romantic full moon rising over the buildings combined with cooling ocean breezes helped too!

Debbie made every stop memorable, sharing history, stories and memories , while making new memories for us.. Including some great photographs! We certainly enjoyed the tour, and look forward to making more memories with Debby in the future!

Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your tour experiences thru your reviews posted on facebook and tripadvisor.

As an appreciation gift, I posted 3 tour pictures at Legends of PR facebook page and tagged you.

I am honored in being your tour guide and thank you for the opportunity to meet your friends to whom you invited to join the Night Tales in Old San Juan tour.

Debbie Molina Ramos