“Step back in time & relive the tales of Old San Juan!”

Legends of Puerto Rico
Ranked #4 of 9 Food & Drink in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Since the year 2000 we design and guide theme tours. Our specialty are history, scenic drives, forests and food tours in Old San Juan and Puerto Rico. We are licensed tour guides. Our rum food tour consists of meals served in a typical Puerto Rican household. Journey into Spanish Colonial times with the most popular & longest running NIGHT walking tour in Old San Juan. Pioneer in wheelchair-friendly architectural history walking tour. Travel journalists, travel agents and TV producers ask us about facts and tips on where the locals go to have fun and highlight our tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Amazing first experience in Old San Juan thanks to Debbie & Legends of Puerto Rico! Debbie brought the city and it's vibrant history to life as we followed in the footsteps of Juan Ponce de Leon, Christopher Columbus, & other assorted modern day tv & film stars. Highly recommended!

Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Kerstin W

You should have seen my smile when I read the title of your review. It clearly describes my goal when I designed and guided the Night Tales in Old San Juan tour. I also thank you for accepting my friend request and sharing your tour picture.on facebook.

Keep smiling my new Texan friend. Your friendly tour guide. Debbie Molina Ramos

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I wanted to take a tour with a "different spin" of Old San Juan, and having this tour at night was a unique experience. Debbie provided a fun and informative visit. She was funny, relaxed, and put the members of my tour group at ease. I enjoyed all of the fascinating historical anecdotes and references to movie/TV shows that had been filmed in the area. We did have time to take pictures, and Debbie also took lots of pictures of us. She is very handy with an iPhone and digital camera!
I recommend this tour very highly--people of all ages and backgrounds will have a great time!

Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Saludos Kelley2012!

Thank you for sharing your touring experience with Trip Advisor readers. Keep in touch with Puerto Rico and me thru our facebook page. Remember to checkout your tour pictures posted on /legendsofpr Night Tales in Old San Juan album.

Kindest regards,

Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Debbie was an excellent guide, she had a wealth of knowledge and made the tour a lot of fun. She also gave us plenty of time to take photos and even took photos for us. She was wonderful and I highly recommend. The city at night was very beautiful and very safe. Excellent time!!!

Hi Teleiadhogan! It was a beautiful night in Old San Juan and great for taking pictures. I posted a picture on your facebook timeline with San Felipe del Morro Castle in the background. Thank you for your review on my tour guide performance duirng the Night Tales in Old San Juan tour.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I found out about this 'attraction' by browsing the web. Very nice web page. I sailed in 03-12 on the RCI Explorer and we were right there in Old San Juan. I contacted them and received a quick response. The price was very reasonable for a two hour, approximately 2 mile tour, during the evening, of Old San Juan. As we were in port from 2pm - 10pm as I recall, I did my own walking during the daytime, and needed something for the evening. This was a GREAT find.

Now, before you panic about two miles, let me be clear that it is a pretty slow pace for sure with MANY stops - about every 10 minutes. So just about ALL of us can do this, if of interest. *There is no real rush at all. LOTS of rest stops.* Oh, and 'yes' there are rest rooms along the way - not a problem.

Debbie was our guide (and I still owe her photos) :( [my apologies] and she is fantastic. Her knowledge of Old San Juan is uncanny - filled with anecdotes about movie scenes shot there, the history of all of the spots where we stopped, etc., etc. Further, Debbie speaks excellent English and Spanish, she has a wonderful rapport with the locals, police, etc. Thus, we were able to go into places that others would not gain entrance to - like the old jail, etc. Further Debbie is enthusiastic, very friendly, and speaks with a passion. I learned so much! AND, she is a great photographer, and will take as many photos of you, with your own camera, as you want! And she takes many of the group with her own camera, including a group shot, which I have and is excellent! She got some excellent shots of me with some terrific background scenes - being sure to re-shoot if it did not come out to her liking :)

When the tour ended, Debbie made sure that everyone knew exactly where they were going and how to get back there, i.e., hotels (I was the only cruise ship member of this tour, for some odd reason). SHE CARES. She also asked us (group of approximately 15 what we liked to eat for dinner - and proceeded to point out or tell us exactly where the best places were...I was very impressed with her entire tour, and the two hours flew by. I, personally, would have enjoyed more time with Debbie given her enthusiasm and knowledge...

Wear comfortable shoes, dress comfortably as it can be humid, bring some water, definitely your camera, and watch the day turn into night in Old San Juan as Debbie guides you though this lovely city. I have no complaints and would recommend this highly if you are looking for a nice, informative, reasonably priced 'excursion' during the evening in Old San Juan. Give this a try, you will not regret it and you will have FUN and LEARN.

Ray

2  Thank Raymond C
Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Hola Ray!

I smiled when I saw you holding 2 cameras when we met at the flag poles. We share the passion of documenting wonderful experiences with pictures. Thank you for sharing your pictures on Trip advisor and at Legends of Puerto Rico facebook wall.

I am really thankful for your time in writing your detailed review. All reviews are important to me because they are the only source I have to learn how I am performing as a tour guide. I read them carefully, so I can improve my skills, acquire knowledge and come up with ideas in re-designing the tour (s) and/or design new ones.

Thank you once again and for keeping in touch thru facebook. Take care and click...click.

Kindest regards,

Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Our guide, Noemi, was very entertaining and informative. She speaks very clearly in both English and Spanish; I appreciated that she gave us the Spanish names of the places we were visiting (unlike a guide in Santo Domingo who translated even street names into English; we had to ask him every time if we wanted to know the actual name in Spanish of a building or institution). We asked for a recommendation for lunch, and Noemi suggested Café Puerto Rico, which had tasty food at reasonable prices (and good air conditioning, which was welcome after a walk in the humid heat).