“Unique tour and very helpful”

Legends of Puerto Rico
Ranked #44 of 128 Tours in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Puerto Rican licensed tour guides with a sense of humor. Since the year 2000 we design and guide history, scenic drives, forests and food tours in Old San Juan and Puerto Rico. Our rum food tour consists of meals served in a typical Puerto Rican household. Journey into Spanish Colonial times with our most popular & longest running NIGHT walking tours in Old San Juan. Pioneer in wheelchair-friendly architectural history morning walking tour. Travel journalists, agents and TV producers ask us about facts and tips on how to have fun in Puerto Rico and highlight our tours.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Denver, Colorado
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Unique tour and very helpful”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We booked the Night Tales in Old San Juan. I originally tried to book this tour online, and was having problems because I just moved and the card I used would not verify with my old or new zip code. I sent them an email, and they responded almost immediately, answering my questions and giving suggestions about when would be best for us to take our tour.

Once we arrived, our tour guide was Debbie. She was very nice and knowlegeable. It was cool that she could show us pictures of movies and tv shows on her ipad that were filmed at places we were standing at. I loved how this tour mostly takes place at night. We already walked around the city, but it was a completely different experience seeing it at night. It was nice we got to go into buildings we otherwise would have had to pay for, or were not open to the public at that time. We also loved hearing the coqui during our tour, the tree frogs sound like birds.

I think one of the nicest things about the tour is Debbie's camera takes good night pictures. Unlike mine. So she posted these pictures on facebook. They are much nicer than my camera's attempts. She offered several times along the tour to take pictures with my camera. It was nice to have someone who is good at taking pictures do this. I can appreciate this because of many vacations where the person taking the picture or us, doesn't include something in the picture we traveled there to see. These pictures will contribute to already great memories of the tour!

Visited May 2012
Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Hi Crystaldawn3: It is so much fun to take and share pictures with friends and family. Thank you for sharing your pictures on TripAdvisor! Please say hello to your companion.

Thank you for your LIKE on facebook and posting one of your pictures! You will be soon reading the upcoming air dates this summer of the TV shows recently filmed in Old San Juan. OH… and the fun facts about the new Hollywood movie that will begin filming in June. Remember to check out the article posted on Legends of Puerto Rico website with the list of the TV shows and movies filmed in Puerto Rico…to catch up.

Thank you for your time in reviewing Legends Customer Service, the tour and my performance as a tour guide.

Kindest regards, Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GREAT EXPERIENCE, AWESOME TOUR GUIDE DEBBIE RAMOS”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about Legends of Puerto Rico, especially Debbie Ramos, our tour guide, and Jose our driver. Debbie greeted us at the Ship, was professional, friendly, very knowledgeable, and made our group comfortable immediately. Our bus was comfortable including air conditioning. Our group of 24+ visited Yunque, and took the easy walking tour. Debbie was so helpful and did so many extra things to make sure our group, which included some with walking limitations, safe, and Debbie took extra time accomodating everyone. The trip to the rainforest was unique and our group totally enjoyed the beautiful nature of the tour as well as Debbie as our guide. She took pictures, pointed out many unique areas of interest before, during and after our walking rainforest experience. She even took out extra time to stop by a locals eating area where we could experience the locals favor of foods available at such economical prices. It was an EXCELLENT TOUR, and our Guide DEBBIE M.RAMOS... WAS AWESOME. It's one thing to have a great guide, but to be able to say you gained a Friend goes over and beyond what you would expect! Thank you Legends of Puerto Rico, Thank you Debbie Ramos, Thank you Jose,for making this one of the best vacation times we've ever experienced.
May God Bless you ALL!

Visited November 2011
Legendsofpr, Tour Guide at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Saludos AnnaMBradshaw:

José and I truly appreciate the opportunity to be your tour guide and driver during the Rainforest Easy Walking Trail Tour. Thank you for taking the time to share your tour experience with other travelers.

We also appreciate your genuine interest in our culture and food. Remember the salsa dancing demo-class I gave on board the mini-bus on the way back to the cruise ship? José and I laughed a lot with your cruisers group.

Please forward our kindest regards to our new friends in South Carolina.

Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide and José, driver
new york
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great tour and Fantastic guide”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Did the tour with our guide Debbie and had a great time. I have taken many tours but rarely do you find a guide with such a great knowledge of her tour. She made everyone in the group feel as though the tour was geared towards them and passed along great local info. She even took time out to show me what I was doing wrong with my camera. If you are going to Puerto Rico make sure you take this tour and hopefully you will get Debbie.

Visited April 2012
Saludos NewYork Jameson:

Thank you for your candid tour review on TripAdvisor and facebook. May I please see one of the Night Tales in Old San Juan tour pictures, by posting it at Legends of Puerto Rico TripAdvisor album? I also appreciate the generous gratuity.

Best regards, Debbie Molina Ramos, tour guide
Doylestown, PA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were inspired by a walking tour of Athens to take this walking tour. The owner gave the tour, and it was absolutely awful. She seemed to be angry at Americans, in general, gave misinformation and was rude. When we approached her on the minute of the hour that the tour was to begin, she angrily told us that she had been trying to call us, without an answer. However, we were on time. My son needed to use the bathroom and when he returned, she made a distasteful joke - 'did everything come out OK?'. None of us laughed, and my son felt self-conscious. The first 10 minutes of the tour was comprised of looking at a map on her i-pad. When we saw homeless people, she informed us that 90% of homeless in PR are from the States. She gave misinformation about American history, including US Presidents and details about the Spanish-American war. She was rude and seemed generally angry. My son left the tour halfway through - he decided he did not want to take it anymore. We would have been better off keeping our money and doing a self-guided tour. I do NOT recommend this tour to anyone. It was the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank KIFischer
Legendsofpr, Owner at Legends of Puerto Rico, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
We are slightly disheartened that the reviewer did not enjoy the tour. Our tour voucher clearly indicates to be at the meeting location 10 minutes prior to the tour time. When this does not happen our representatives become genuinely concerned when travelers with pre-paid reservations do not show up on time and make a courtesy call to ensure that they are not lost or in need of additional assistance. The tour guide apologizes if his or her intentions were misunderstood. Also, as English is their second language there is sometimes a colloquial disconnect in the conversation. Our guides are directed to provide easy-to-follow directions to our clients. Whereas in Spanish “todo salió bién” is literally translated “did everything come out okay?” it really means “was everything okay?” in that “did you find everything okay?” That this was misunderstood and the young man was embarrassed is unfortunate, however we thank the reviewer for pointing that out to us as we continue to move forward providing the best possible service to our customers. As for the claim that we provided misinformation of American History, we are required, as licensed tour guides, to study Puerto Rican History in order ensure that our tour is historically accurate. For the past 12 years in business, our tours are based on documented facts.

Thank you for reading, and we kindly request that you read other reviews posted as a descriptive reference of how we have guided our many tours throughout the years. See more reviews posted at our Legends of Puerto Rico website and our Facebook page.

Cordially,

Legends Quality Control Team
Bend, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Old San Juan!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I went on the "Night Tales of OSJ". I Couldn't of been more impressed with this tour! We had a chance to explore OSJ led by a tour guide (Debbie) that truly knew her stuff... beyond that she knew how to "get us in". We visited several buildings including the original jail turned city hall which is currently off limits to pedestrians which made the tour truly unique compared to exploring on your own. We also we're allowed entrance into an old townhouse that is being converted into a Modern art museum. Our guide also offered to take photo's for us and uploaded them to Facebook so we could access them within hours of the tour finishing. Between the sights we saw, the service we received, and the experience offered I don't think you could find a better bang for your buck in OSJ!

Visited May 2012
Hi Riverman88:

It was fun exploring old buildings at night. How did your Iphone pictures came out? Please let me see at least one at Legends of Puerto Rico TripAdvisor album. Thank you very much for reviewing the Night Tales in Old San Juan walking tour and my performance as a tour guide. Say “hola” to your girlfriend for me, please.

Debbie, tour guide