“Want authentic rainforest?....you MUST do an adventure with ACAMPA !!!”

Acampa Nature Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Acampa specializes in true ecological nature adventures. We offer different services for all levels. Our friendly staff is well educated with vast knowledge about Puerto Rico. Our tours and adventures are done in small groups for a more personal experience. Please visit our website for a full description of our adventures and prices.
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Want authentic rainforest?....you MUST do an adventure with ACAMPA !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This all day tour was WORTH every single cent and we walked away enriched, educated and so energized from our amazing trek and adventure through the real PR rainforest experience.

From pick up through the breathtaking drive through the heart of the island where our amazing guides briefed us on Puerto Rico's background (after polling us for our knowledge to ensure that they were providing us with supplemental information and not just the same old tourist information), we were given the scoop on the culture, society and they rolled with the punches a one of our group members had a TON of questions asking for more questions!!!

We stopped at the local downtown store to grab some snacks (if needed) and headed into the Torro Negro rainforest for: plunge pool, waterfall scaling, education, and adventure!!

We also saw fresh coffee beans still on the tree, ate a fresh picked passion fruit, got an amazing education on herbs in the forest and rappelled through the amazing ness that is ONLY used by ACAMPA!!! How many times can you say you went on vacation and had your own mountain for a day?!!!

RAYMOND and DEBBIE were WORLD CLASS guides. They were observant and considerate and wanted to make sure they gathered our expectations for the day so they could customize the experience to our groups wants for the day, they were phenomenal!

Yes it's an adventure there is risk but EVERY safety precaution that can be made is considered and is utilized! We were always as safe as possible!

The experience is unlike any other, we made friends who we'll keep in touch with from now on and amazing Puerto Rican guides who we now consider friends as well! GRACIAS ACAMPA for the trip of a lifetime!!

port st lucie
“This is something you would have to try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I will always remember this part of my trip cause of the my guides they told us all we needed to now and more.Thanks to them an acampa for making my trip so much more then what i thought it would be i love this part,of my trip, zip lineing was great, water falls were beautiful, and the climeing was great,the rain forest was just as beautiful and as lush as i thought it,would,be and more.

Natick, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The perfect adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My sister and I did the Toro Negro full day adventure to celebrate my birthday. The adventure included a waterfall climb, rappelling and ziplining, not to mention a great authentic meal at the end! The forest was beautiful and Raymond and Eduardo were caring and knowledgeable guides who not only led the adventure but taught us about the environment along the way. We had a great group of people but the guides really brought us all together as a team while taking time with us individually.

I couldn't recommend any outfitter better and look forward to booking the same trip when I can bring my husband and two teens along!

Cedarburg, WI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Acampa Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Did the full day adventure at Toro Negro. I was a little nervous at first, especially for the first waterfall climb but after scampering up (well at least to me) I knew I was in experienced conscientious hands. Raymond and Eduardo were so patient, encouraging and thoughtful. They also shared a lot of information about the plants, animals, locals and Puerto Rico in general. The lunch was excellent also and we enjoyed getting to know our fellow tourists. Our vacation was in celebration of my sisters birthday-just us gals. We had an awesome time in Puerto Rico in general but the Toro Negro full day trip was definitely one of our favorites. This company is first class all the way!

New Orleans, Louisiana
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The best part of my birthday trip!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the pick up to drop off the guys were soooo nice to me and my bestfriend. They really made my birthday trip! We did the all day adventure and yes it was a lil' challenging but they never made us feel out of place or uncomfortable. The guides know so much about the rain forest and about PR in general, on the ride there and back we learned alot. Our group was great and we all got along and got to know one another. The food they had was THE BEST, it was actually the best meal I had my whole trip!I can't wait to come back again, the fun I had and views I seen are memories for life, thank ya'll!!

Visited May 2013