“An amazing activity”

Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Aventuras chief objective is to provide all participants with a day of FUN through adventures that are both exciting and challenging. Rappelling, climbing, swimming, via ferratas, free-jumps, body rafting and exhilarating zip-lines all in one full invigorating day.NO experience is necessary. But words of advice...do not compare us with other adventure tour companies. You might fool yourself! Others can serve as warm-ups or slightly test you for the real thing. Ours is a hardcore adventure! This is for real! It is physically demanding and requires sharp and attentive participants. For safety reasons a fast pace is require. You will also be scrambling under and over boulders in blackness only aided by your headlamp and physical abilities. You will be trained and required to climb hundreds of feet and to make the safety clips on your own. You will have your life, literally, in your own hands. Your guides are trained and certified professionals and will assist and train you during your adventure; however, your safety ultimately rests with you. Your first step is to check the requirements to be able to participate. Please, DO NOT reserve if you cannot comply with every single one of them … seriously. However, if you think you are ready, you can go straight for a once in a lifetime Caving challenge which will guaranteed to reward you with an intoxicating adrenalin rush.Accept the Challenge!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I were in Puerto Rico for our honeymoon, and because we both like hiking, climbing, and the like, we were really excited to try this adventure.

The guides were extremely entertaining, but joking and periodic goofiness definitely did not interfere with safety in any way. They did an excellent job of warning us about environmental events or human errors that could create danger or problems, but took every precaution possible to make sure that each member of the group was aware of those dangers and taking the necessary precautions to avoid injury. They did a very good job of making sure that each person was safe without interfering with the challenge of the adventure, which can be a very difficult balance to reach, especially while maintaining the entertainment factor.

I will certainly be planning to do this again next time I find myself in Puerto Rico, and would definitely recommend this trip to anyone who enjoys the outdoors and nature, and who loves a physical challenge that involves exploring said things.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try caving for the first time while visiting San Juan and we are so glad that we did. Early start but well worth the effort! Entertained on the ride with much humor but the importance of safety was not lost. Education on the equipment was stressed through humor but remained of utmost importance. The experience of the guides were a major factor in the safety of the adventure and it was stressed that you must be in reasonable physical condition to participate. Be prepared to get muddy and wet and be forewarned to wear shoes and clothes you are asked to wear as described on the site.The adventure itself was amazing and extremely fun and at times challenging especially if you have never zip lined or repelled. I will definitely recommend this adventure to friends and to those who read this post, it is a wonderful experience that you will talk about for a long time. Bring your Gopro!!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Getting up at 4:30 wasn't that easy! But all the hype about this adventure made it that much easier. Staff was very friendly and very knowledgable. The adventure is fairly challenging especially to those that don't exercise or play sports. I found out about this excursion through a good friend of mine that had also participated in this.

Both my friend and I had great time one this trip and even the stop to the bakery for breakfast was fantastic!!!!. The only thing i did not enjoy was the bus entertainment on the way! Also, the environment felt a bit too controlled. Lots of things built to make it easier for us!

Regardless....it's still worth it. The sights and views are just spectacular!

1  Thank alisha e
Aventuras T, Owner at Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hola Alisha:

Thanks for the good review. We really appreciate people taking time out of their busy schedule and helping others and us with critical appraisals. Muuuuchas gracias. Now as an entertainer, I felt a little frustrated. I was going to cry but then thought... just suck it up. People have different taste and different sense of humor. Not a big deal, no problem. But then I remember the day of your Adventure and I remembered you ... sleeping beauty from New York. That also explains why the breakfast stop was so “Fantastic!!!” for you... coffee!

Sorry we had to wake you up several times, we simply had to. For real we didn’t like it either but our corny comedy skit in the bus has many purposes. From group-bonding, equipment information, conservation considerations to serious safety issues. Not enjoying our well planned curriculum reminded me of every good movie that I've seen after a rough night. They seem to be not as good as I had heard. So with that in mind, for anybody reading this... sleep well the night before as we recommend on our requirement list or you will have to endure the pain of my jokes.

Not kidding now, not being sharp and alert can be a serious hazard for everyone on the adventure, especially for the guides. Anyway, we still had a good day with you and your group. So thanks for hanging in there and not slapping me every time I woke you up.

Hope to see you and your friend again next year.
Zzz, zzz, zzz.

Rossano Boscarino
Lead guide

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Five stars for this once in a life time experience.
It has all the challenges to thrill you and best part is even though guides make sure of your safety they are not going to spoon feed you every step. In my opinion this adventure is the best activity to do in Puerto Rico.
Go for it :-)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

10 STARS! it was an amazing adventure. the nerves were kicking in but once out in the nature, don't think about it, just do it. The guides are amazing and so knowledgable you feel super safe under their guidance. Probably the nastiest thing was the part in the cave with the roaches, but after about 5 sec u don't even care about them; you just want to plow on through the rough terrain. they are the least of your worries. Truly a lifetime adventure!! Words can not describe it. Beautiful!! Go do it!