“Amazing doesn't seem strong enough of a description”

Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Aventuras chief objective is to provide all participants with a day of FUN through adventures that are both exciting and challenging. Rappelling, climbing, swimming, via ferratas, free-jumps, body rafting and exhilarating zip-lines all in one full invigorating day.NO experience is necessary. But words of advice...do not compare us with other adventure tour companies. You might fool yourself! Others can serve as warm-ups or slightly test you for the real thing. Ours is a hardcore adventure! This is for real! It is physically demanding and requires sharp and attentive participants. For safety reasons a fast pace is require. You will also be scrambling under and over boulders in blackness only aided by your headlamp and physical abilities. You will be trained and required to climb hundreds of feet and to make the safety clips on your own. You will have your life, literally, in your own hands. Your guides are trained and certified professionals and will assist and train you during your adventure; however, your safety ultimately rests with you. Your first step is to check the requirements to be able to participate. Please, DO NOT reserve if you cannot comply with every single one of them … seriously. However, if you think you are ready, you can go straight for a once in a lifetime Caving challenge which will guaranteed to reward you with an intoxicating adrenalin rush.Accept the Challenge!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing doesn't seem strong enough of a description”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

WHOA!!!! What a trip!

This was an adventure from beginning to end. We started the day (if it can be called day) at 4:45AM, and our tour guides Annibal and Rosano were absolutely full of energy till we were done at 4PM!!

Once we were at the site, the adventure really began! We hiked using via ferrata, rappelled down 100 foot cliffs, and explored the caves of the Rio Camuy system. The entire trip was breathtaking.

This adventure is not easy, everyone winds up exhausted at the end....and it's all worth it!!

Prepare to go on an adventure of a lifetime.

New Orlea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Thing You'll Ever Do...EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I know you're on vacation and often times that means sleeping in, HOWEVER, you really should wake up in time to catch the bus at 5:45AM. It's honestly the best choice you'll make while in Puerto Rico. I went with my boyfriend and two of our good friends and we still can't stop talking/thinking about those 12 fantastic hours with Aventuras.

The minute you arrive it's go time. Running from the bus into the arena, you're agility skills are tested on the slick terrain, narrow paths and the quick pace set by the guides who continual encourage you to move as fast as possible. Remember this: if you're slow, overly clumsy, scared to: take risks, be in dark places, zip line, rappel, swim, jump off heigh heights, move around insects and creatures that are huge and unfamiliar, if you're SLOW, have lots of past injuries or you're SLOW, this might not be the best adventure for you. It was important to be on the move--eager to keep a quick pace throughout the entire day. Those who were slow kept the group held up and that could have been really dangerous had there been a flash flood and we needed to get out of the caves quickly. That could have happened! The guides were great, super friendly and very funny. Their constant participation and knowledge of the caves was excellent and often times when we were in front of the group, they'd have us lead the way without being by our side. My favorite part of the adventure was jumping into the Camuy River from tall peaks. It's was daring, exciting, nerve-racking, challenging and FUN! Swimming inside the caves too with our sneakers was hilarious and if you eat lunch where we did, it's the most enchanting place you'll ever find yourself.

This truly is an adventure everyone should experience once in their lifetime so if you're SLOW, work on getting fast and fit. Physical fitness is a must on this adventure and it's well worth it. I'll do this every time I visit Puerto Rico it's that fantastic. Best EVER!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Most Amazing Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My partner and I did this adventure while in Puerto Rico on August 17th. It was probably one of the most physically challenging things that I have ever done, but it was well worth the effort. If you follow the guides instructions, you will have a SAFE adventure. The zip lining, repelling, cave swimming and water jumping and the exploring were amazing. The vertical climb out of the cavern at the end was probably the most exhausting part to me. We wore knee length speedo with running shorts over. I wish that I have long pants because I did get some scratches. Try to have sneakers with decent traction to avoid some slipping. We both threw away the shoes and socks we wore. IF you are an adventurer with the physical ability, you have to check this out!!!

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Here's a little background of me and my wife. I'm in my early 30s and she's in her 20s. We are both somewhat fit. We do random physical activities on average once a week. We're not super crazy fit or anything.

We read reviews about how physically demanding this tour was so we had high expectation and were ready for an intense workout. The tour was not as difficult as we thought it would be. I think the hardest part was the hike up for 15 minutes when your quads starts warming up. But the rest of the tour was average as far as level of difficulty goes. As long as you're sharp, have reflexes, and not clumsy, not afraid of trying new things then you should be fine. Just pay close attention to the training they give you.

On the tour (our happened on 8/18/13), you do the following activities: zip lining (3 lines), rappelling (1, for about 10 minutes), caving most of the time, jump in pitch black water inside cave, some swimming, a little bit of monkey rope, some running in the mud (make sure you tie your shoes really tight so you don't lose your shoes), climbing (not as hard as rock climbing, some may consider this more like hiking on really steep slope).

It was pretty safe every step of the way. Of course you can't avoid all accident due to stupidity of the person. However, nothing happened during our tour.

The crew was awesome! Good humor! They get you involved so don't hesitate to participate! They made the experience worth it! Highly qualified guides, they are certified in so many area including dangerous rescue situations. They give you the stars treatment. The bus was extremely clean and had very good ac.

Now for those of you who have decided to go on this tour here are a few recommendations:

The ride from San Juan meet point was great. There is a $10 parking garage nearby, it's on a small street between Cartier and Gucci store. I'm not sure if there's any cheaper. Make sure you're there before meeting time.

You can purchase breakfast and lunch at the bakery where they will take you. They provide ziplock bag for you. Bring 2 small bottle (500ml, 17oz) of water that should be sufficient. A couple small snack would be good but not necessary.

For you ladies who have sensitive skin, you should wear long pants with synthetic fabric which will dry fast. Long shirt to cover your arms. You may feel a little itchy afterward but it's part of the game.

Rash guard is the best! No wet-suit needed, water is not cold. Wet suit will probably get you too warm. It's really not necessary. You can bring an optional bandana since you will be wearing a hard hat.

Running shoes is fine, but again, tie them tightly! Some good sock but keep in mind you may want to throw them away afterward as we did. Sleep well the night before so you can focus on the task you're doing.

There is a shower where you can quickly rinse off. Please don't take your sweet time in there. It's meant to rinse off, not shower. Bring some clothe so you can change into afterwards.

Overall it's a good tour. Personally I would give it a 4 stars since I was expecting harder challenges but my wife gives it a 5 stars, so 5 stars it is! LOL I think it worth it but if you want extreme activities like climbing mount Everest or something then this is not for you.

3 Thank ltmichel4
Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This adventure was phenomenal. My best friend and I went down over memorial day weekend and were looking for a true off the beaten path experience. This was a highlight in our trip for sure. The guides were fun, easy going, understanding of a wide variability in physical conditions and very much accommodating. After zip-lining and repelling over a cliff, we entered the cave. First things first - we jumped off a ledge into a rushing river. No need to worry about getting dirty anymore! Magnificent stalagmites and stalagtites, humongous spiders, and a candle lit lunch underground. On the way back, we did a rendition of 'The Iron Way" in a rainstorm. Overall, fabulous and would recommend to anyone looking to do something different.

FYI - expect these guys to make you laugh all day long. truly great characters

Visited May 2013