“The most amazing experience of my life.”

Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Aventuras chief objective is to provide all participants with a day of FUN through adventures that are both exciting and challenging. Rappelling, climbing, swimming, via ferratas, free-jumps, body rafting and exhilarating zip-lines all in one full invigorating day.NO experience is necessary. But words of advice...do not compare us with other adventure tour companies. You might fool yourself! Others can serve as warm-ups or slightly test you for the real thing. Ours is a hardcore adventure! This is for real! It is physically demanding and requires sharp and attentive participants. For safety reasons a fast pace is require. You will also be scrambling under and over boulders in blackness only aided by your headlamp and physical abilities. You will be trained and required to climb hundreds of feet and to make the safety clips on your own. You will have your life, literally, in your own hands. Your guides are trained and certified professionals and will assist and train you during your adventure; however, your safety ultimately rests with you. Your first step is to check the requirements to be able to participate. Please, DO NOT reserve if you cannot comply with every single one of them … seriously. However, if you think you are ready, you can go straight for a once in a lifetime Caving challenge which will guaranteed to reward you with an intoxicating adrenalin rush.Accept the Challenge!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This adventure was insane!!!! Can't wait to do it again!!!!! Thank you to Rosanno and his crew for making this a safe and unforgettable journey.

There are newer reviews for Aventuras Tierra Adentro, Inc.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The caving experience combined with water elements was truly amazing. The best part of the experience was the guides who were very entertaining and their infectious enthusiasm made the trip even more enjoyable. It was a true adventure, encouraging participants to take a leap of faith while making sure that the participants were all safe. The scenery was incredible. The cost was more than worth it.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The caving group was led by Rossano and he was professional and friendly. They use a lot of campy humor to keep the mood light and it mostly works. I have never been caving before and this was a unique experience. Seeing the cave system was an amazing and so different than just seeing pictures/recordings. Definitely worth the price and a must do if you can squeeze it in.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

From start to finish the day was an absolute blast! Rossano and crew took GREAT care of us, making sure we had the tools and knowledge that we needed to keep safe. BUT, above and beyond that, the day was full of fun, humor, adventure, excitement and laughs!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I choose to go on the Caving/Zip-lining/Rappelling/Climbing adventure with Aventuras Tierra Adentro largely due to the outstanding ratings that the adventure has received on TripAdvisor. I had high expectations going into the trip, but the whole experience blew me away.

First, Aventuras has an excellent product - beautiful forest scenery and an interesting cave system that's lots of fun to explore. These aspects alone would make this adventure worth pursuing, but what sets this Company apart from its competitors and other tourist attractions on the island is their flawless execution of their detailed itinerary designed to pack as much adventure into 11 hours as possible.

Your adventure begins early in the morning, and from your first sight of the bus, Rossano and his guides exhibit the kind of infectious energy and excitement characteristic of people who truly love what they do. From there you stop at a local bakery with excellent breakfast sandwiches to fill out paperwork and stock up on any food or water that you'll need. (The bakery's prices were very reasonable.) I saved half of my sandwich and later ate it for lunch in the caves along with a granola bar and peanuts that I brought.

During your bus ride to the caves and onsite, I was constantly impressed by the funny and detailed routine that Rossano and his guides perform in a way that makes mundane topics, like safety, actually interesting and funny.

After the safety review and activity instructions, you zip-line partially down the ravine where the caves are located. You rappel the rest of the way down, which was much easier than you would think. (It took very little strength to slow your rate of descent.)

After this point, you venture into the caves where you climb, jump, get wet, and see a lot of cool stuff. Rossano shared several interesting facts about the caves and geology in general, and he and at least one other guide were with the group at all times. The guides are also very understanding of the desire to take pictures. They allowed me to take my time and take pictures as I desired. Additionally, they offered to take my party's picture multiple times. (If you have a regular digital camera like myself, I would recommend purchasing a DicaPac plastic case for your camera because your camera will be submerged in water and get wet. My camera emerged unscathed as a result of the DicaPac that I bought from Amazon.com.)

After several hours in the caves, we emerged again, and we climbed back up the ravine to where the bus was located. We were offered drinks and snacks, and could shower and clean up as necessary. After this point, we drove back to San Juan to the drop-off point.

I would recommend this adventure to anyone in or visiting Puerto Rico who enjoys the outdoors and who is reasonably good physical condition. They stress this point on the website, and it is true. You don't have to have had previous outdoor adventure experience (I didn't), but you need to be able to keep up because the climbing inside the caves can be difficult for some people. No upper body strength, fear of water/inability to swim, lack of agility, etc. would be characteristics that may impact your enjoyment of the adventure.

One last point to give you an idea of the quality of the guides that operate this Company: Today after being dropped off at the meeting point, my friend and I started walking back to our hotel, which was about one half mile away - outside of Condado. We suddenly heard someone yell "Where are you going? Jump in!", and there was Rossano driving the Aventuras bus, stopped beside of us to give us a ride back to our hotel. When we got back on board, we discovered that they had also picked up a couple that had taken the adventure the previous day and had been walking on the street, like ourselves.

This experience epitomizes the entire Aventuras Tierra Adentro outdoor adventure. From the smallest of details, the guides constantly strive to make your trip as much fun and as safe as possible. If you are visiting Puerto Rico for fun or business, you need to make reservations for this adventure. You'll remember it for years to come.

1  Thank nhandy007